The Good in Earl Thomas

GLio14

Reaction score
I will always appreciate Earl for what he's done for our franchise. Him and the rest of the LOB will forever be engrained in the Seahawks history, and they have done so much for us.

Honestly, seeing Earl flip off the team like that hurt my heart. To see the best safety we ever had do something like that to end off his career in the blue and green was not exactly something that made me feel good. I just wish he didn't do that. The last image of him in a Seahawks uniform is flipping off his team. I just wish it ended differently. I wish we just traded him to make this transition easier.

It's bad enough we have Sherman talking smack about the team every chance he gets, now we have Earl doing what he did.

sutz

Reaction score
What is it with Seattle and safeties? It took Kenny Easley decades to come back and raise the flag for us. Now we have another all-time great player apparently leaving on a sour note.

Two of the best players in team history. :|

Vesuve

Reaction score
Seafan":hams7si6 said:
Some players leave with class but then you have Sherman and Earl. Ask Earl to raise the flag.

No, please don't ask him.

He's selfish.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Hawker8989":2t7z4oll said:
Sorry but I feel no sympathy for him. Flipping off your team is disrespectful!!

ET wanted something for nothing.

It's only logical why tbe org would not risk a contract extension at this time.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Great post, OP. Well said.

Also:

TheLegendOfBoom":5uz2ctlk said:
So Earl flipped off a certain individual or two. We can definitely speculate who it's towards (sarcasm).
This is football.

Emotions and testerone are over the stratosphere at times.

I'm not condoning what Earl did but I don't blame the guy. I understand.

Agreed. This is why fans calling players classless when they don’t behave in the same way fans expect to behave at work is ridiculous - fans don’t have day jobs where they’re required work on the edges of their nerves, colliding with their co-workers every 45 seconds.

This job isn’t the same as your day job.

TheLegendOfBoom":5uz2ctlk said:
I'll tell you what, I'd rather have one really frustrated and mad Hall of Famer, Earl Thomas, than 100 politically correct, practice squad, "choir" boys, Monday thru Saturday and 10 times on game day, Sunday!!!

YES.

We’ve done the high-character roster. It was the Tim Ruskell era. The team was soft (But hey! What a great bunch of guys!) and got steam-rollered regularly.