The New Blitz.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
Not a fan of the new blitz look but I am a fan of the Hawks retiring the old blitz in honor of Ryan Asdourian who was the man in the old blitz costume that had to retire being Blitz in part due to his MS. I can only hope the new mascots can bring the energy that Ryan did.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Evil Dead":3f4mqc8o said:
Seanhawk":3f4mqc8o said:
Boom is the NFL mascot version of Poochy.

You beat me to it. This is really lame. They even copied the backwards hat.

"Poochie's got attitude....to the EXTREME!"

100px Tapped Out Poochie Mascot

Hopefully Boom will suffer the same fate as Poochie:

"When dissatisfied viewers flooded the network with letters crying for Poochie's immediate removal, if not death, the executives quickly decided to get rid of the character. ... Dialogue written in bloody letters across the screen read, "Note: Poochie died on his way back to his home planet," and cuts immediately back to Krusty telling kids happily, "Poochie's dead!""

http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Poochie

Shhhhh..... you're missing the jokes!

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":24m0qhli said:
The new Blitz looks like a demented blue and white cardinal.

1411351620000-P1050604.JPG

That wry smile is the sign of a frat bro on the prowl. Tramp stamp might as well be a bullseye.

TwilightError

Reaction score
They could have just introduced Boom if they wanted to lame the whole thing down a bit. Why neuter Blitz too?

Bulge would have made a better pair for Blitz though.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I like the new blitz...it'll take some getting used too. I didn't think much of the new uniforms but love them now. The new blitz looked good on the field sunday and matches the colors and logos of the seahawks much better. "old blitz' fans, i'm not sure how you can say the new one looks stuffed animalish but the old one doesn't? I guess you're right. the old one looks like some kind of animatronic freak you'd find in the back room at chuck e cheese.

now boom on the other hand has got to go. That's awful.

chris98251

Reaction score
Grown men fighting in stands, arguing about a game that they are not playing in. Why would arguing over a Mascot be any different?

253hawk

Reaction score
The old Blitz has MS (I hope he didn't have to quit because of medical concerns) and he was only supposed to be a temp replacement anyway. He had a good run; I'll miss him. He always looked like he loved doing it and seemed to be one of the more genuine pro sports mascots out there.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
I dont understand the reaction from most on here to the new Blitz. He looks much better than creepy old cracked out looking Blitz. Always thought that mask was scary for kids. Only reason for liking that over this one is the misguided nostalgia of old men talking about football mascots.

As for Boom, I'm with Jon Ryan. He most certainly looks like a prick. A hipster bitch of a prick. And whats up with the backwards hat? Who does he think he is, Colin Kaepernick?

EDIT: Just read the Poochy comparison for Boom. SPOT ON. If only he'd jump on a space ship & return to his home planet.

Largent80

Reaction score
Looks like a cross between an Emperor Penguin and a Pigeon.

Atrocious.

Fire Bevell and Hire Jon Ryan. :D

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I'm going to make myself a signature for the new blitz just to annoy the new blitz haters.

CANHawk

Reaction score
After looking a bit more, new Blitz is growing on me. Boom still seems completely useless and somewhat unnecessary though...

Hawknballs

Reaction score
hopefully boom is just something that shows up at the kids events. not only does he suck, multiple mascots on game day is overkill.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
The thing is I like the colors of the new Blitz but why the hell the screw up of making him look like a Hawk?..The thing does look like a Parrot /Cardinal..They had all offseason to get this right...Oh well

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
253hawk":1n8kvk41 said:
The old Blitz has MS (I hope he didn't have to quit because of medical concerns) and he was only supposed to be a temp replacement anyway. He had a good run; I'll miss him. He always looked like he loved doing it and seemed to be one of the more genuine pro sports mascots out there.

Yes, the guy in the old Blitz uniform has MS. Has had it for a long time now. Problem is, they don't have to retire the uniform when they retire him and bring in another guy to wear the suit. The new mascot is clownshoes. It's a deranged blue and white Cardinal.

:pukeface:

Latest posts