The official debate Wilson thread.

DHawk

Reaction score
GoldenIsThyTate":1vtkc64t said:
I never said wilson lost us the game, that tate drop was the biggest killer. but wilson still played bad, take away the 5 drop plays, and he was still terrible

Take away the 5 drop plays? Really? Because those 5 drop plays could do numerous things that change the entire outcome of the game. ALL of those drops were critical drops, thats what makes them stick out so much tonight. Turbin dropping a ball while wide open, Tate dropping a critical third down catch. Rice dropping a huge gain. Moore dropping another huge play. In the end they could all end up getting points of some sort. Or better yet, give our defense time to recoup so they don't let Gore run down their throats because they've been out there for ages.

The TEAM lost. There really isn't one person you can blame tonight. There was a whooooole lotta suck tonight.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Going into the final drive he was 1/5 in the second half with one drop. Two of those were throw aways. We pretty much only ran the ball in the second half, so if you are going to be upset with that statistic, please send Darryl Bevell an email asking him why he stopped calling passing plays. RW was electric in the first half and should have been around 200 yards and a TD.

Clearly, people knee-jerk and go purely off of statistics. If you think a major part of the blame goes onto RW's shoulders, you are NOT an objective football watcher. How about our linebackers missing their assignments over and over again in the running game? And on top of that, being absolutely horrendous in the passing game on check downs. Frank Gore was CONSTANTLY wide open in the middle of the field with no LB in sight. How about our D-line getting completely blown off the ball 3/4 of the game. 5 drops is inexcuseable for NFL wide receivers.

The majority of our team went out to the field in warm ups, dropped heat all over it, and went to the locker room before kick off.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Hey, anybody remember Turbin dropping that golden touchdown pass in the first quarter? Or Tate missing a ball or two? Or any of the other butterfingers drops during the game?

You're seriously calling out Wilson after seeing the Game Day forum explode with rage posts against the receivers, and hearing the announcers calling them out the entire game?

Go home, little man. Sober up, and come back when you have some perspective.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Seattle was running very heavily in the second half. So was San Francisco. That means Wilson didn't have a lot of opportunities. The pick was certainly bad.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
hoxrox":ja3as89w said:
It's on the " all or nothing" play calling Run run or High risk downfield throws. Nothing short or intermediate at all.

I agree. Doesn't feel like we have much of a "system" at this point.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
RUSSELL WILSON IS THE STARTING QUARTERBACK

HE PLAYED THE 49ERS ON THE ROAD, WHO WENT 13-3 LAST YEAR PLAYING GREAT DEFENSE

HE HAD AT LEAST FIVE DROPS FROM HIS WR'S TONIGHT

And people still want to dissect this every game. He's the starter! Deal with it! He isn't going to win every game!

DHawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2qelty8a said:
RUSSELL WILSON IS THE STARTING QUARTERBACK

HE PLAYED THE 49ERS ON THE ROAD, WHO WENT 13-3 LAST YEAR PLAYING GREAT DEFENSE

HE HAD AT LEAST FIVE DROPS FROM HIS WR'S TONIGHT

And people still want to dissect this every game. He's the starter! Deal with it! He isn't going to win every game!

/thread

bingotown

Reaction score
I don't think Wilson lost the game but I don't think he gives us the best chance to win either. 2 late game heroics, Green Bay game is controversial, New England he made a late game play. It was beautiful and caught a lot of people off guard. Out side of that he hasn't impressed me. Didn't they show a stat going into tonight's game we were the 2nd best in the league with fewest dropped passes? Do you think that's because Wilson rarely throws more than 8 yards at a time? Thus averaging what 150 yards a game in the air? Not impressive.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
I don't have any problems with Wilson. I think it was completely all on play-calling and receivers dropping passes tonight.

Lithium

Reaction score
wow, never said the wr's played great. they killed us and were a major reason why we lost, Wilson made some good throws that were dropped that is acknowledged. Doesnt mean the rest of his throws/decision making was good. it sucked, im NOT BLAMING WILSON. I just think his decision making is hindering this offense ALONG WITH TERRIBLE WR"S/PLAY CALLING

VHawk

Reaction score
At this point if you are calling for RW to be benched for Matt Flynn you are just an ignorant hand job!

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
I hate this team.

We are making excuses for 9-23 for 115 yards, o TDs 1Int. (oops we forgot that shit pass)

I would have ripped Tarvaris Jackson a new sphincter for that.

He is a rookie the good (last week) comes with the bad (this week)

But I am done giving a crap for a while.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I've been critical of Wilson this season, but this one isn't on him. Our receivers failed miserably this game, and ultimately cost us the game combined with Bevel's inability to adjust in the second half. Exhibit one: Turbin runs down the field, Wilson hits him perfectly in stride and there is nothing but green in front of him. Exhibit two: Tate drops a pass 50 yards or so downfield, one that he had position on. That would have gotten us into the redzone. Exhibit three: Wilson hits TE Evans perfectly in his hands in stride down the field, an easy 40 yard completition. Exhibit four: Wilson hits Tate on a crucial third down on a slant route, he would have had room for YAC as well. Exhibit 5: Marshawn Lynch drops an easy pass on a screen play.

There are some more examples of piss poor receiver play but I'll leave it there. Wilson gave our guys opportunities and they weren't even able to come up with even the simpliest of plays. In the second half we failed to adjust to what the 49ers were doing defensively too, as well as compensating for our poor receiver play. Did Wilson have a few mistakes? Yes the throw into double coverage comes to mind, but he was not the cause of our offensive woes today.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
bingotown":31y54fqd said:
I don't think Wilson lost the game but I don't think he gives us the best chance to win either. 2 late game heroics, Green Bay game is controversial, New England he made a late game play. It was beautiful and caught a lot of people off guard. Out side of that he hasn't impressed me. Didn't they show a stat going into tonight's game we were the 2nd best in the league with fewest dropped passes? Do you think that's because Wilson rarely throws more than 8 yards at a time? Thus averaging what 150 yards a game in the air? Not impressive.

And Flynn DOES give us the best chance to win the game? Based on what? His superb career holding a clipboard?

Listen to yourself man. I bet you were pretty happy on Sunday.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
VHawk":192l9m9p said:
At this point if you are calling for RW to be benched for Matt Flynn you are just an ignorant hand job!

You were impressed with Wilson? Please let me know what I am missing (start with the dropped passes...but keep in mind I will remind you how he has a top 3 running game and top 5 defense)

Sick of the excuses

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Seriously, Wilson DID NOT HAVE -2 YARDS in the second half. He had 16 yards on the final pass.
You fulks might want to take first grade math over.

mjwhitay

Reaction score
That was his first time playing the NFL's best defense, on a three day turn ROAD game, and his line got whipped over and over and over. He was not sharp, made some bad throws, but also got zero help.

I'd like to see how he does the next time he plays them. I'd like him to continue to grow and see how he responds after a game like this, having to go on the road again, albeit against a much weaker defense.

He proven to be able to bounce back and play well after a stinker.

If the line blocks like that for Flynn, he's on a cart right now, it's not like the Hawks wide outs were open and/or catching the passes being slung their way.

I'm still way in on Wilson. Way way in.

Lithium

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":1q67651s said:
Seriously, Wilson DID NOT HAVE -2 YARDS in the second half. He had 16 yards on the final pass.
You fulks might want to take first grade math over.

oh, well then that makes it much better. why did i ever doubt im a whole 16 yards. alex smith could close his eyes and throw for more than 16yards

OP
OP
seahawksfanatic000

seahawksfanatic000

Reaction score
GoldenIsThyTate":3k1q1evl said:
wow, never said the wr's played great. they killed us and were a major reason why we lost, Wilson made some good throws that were dropped that is acknowledged. Doesnt mean the rest of his throws/decision making was good. it sucked, im NOT BLAMING WILSON. I just think his decision making is hindering this offense ALONG WITH TERRIBLE WR"S/PLAY CALLING

At least i have one person on my side. we play in the division with the best defense. if we can't pass on them the sad truth is that we will get no wins. When i posted this i didn't intend to blame it all on wilson. but goldenisthytate seems to be the only one who isn't irrationally only blaming the wideouts.

Latest posts