The Official Jeff Fisher Losingest Coach Ever Countdown

chris98251

Reaction score
Eric said he will never go to a Rams game again as long as Fisher is Coach now, they are trying to do spin control and say it was a miscommunication, how does Fisher call Eric and tell him what he told him be a miscommunication?

Dickerson has always been outspoken about his position on things, not doing so for hype or attention either, he has no reason to lie about it, where Fisher has been less then truthful on many occasions, most recent his QB situation with Goff and Keenum.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Yeah - pretty much the sentiment among Rams fans too. If one of these two is lying, it's probably Fisher since he lies all the time.

I believe Dickerson.

Looked like Fisher and Williams were fighting on the sidelines during the Saints game also - he's just imploding. His presser yesterday was just a list of excuses for the losses.

RedAlice

Reaction score
LA Times article on the topic. It's long, with quotes from both. Part of Dickerson's quote here.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/rams/la-s ... story.html

Dickerson had requested multiple sideline passes for friends who planned to attend the Nov. 20 game against Miami at the Coliseum. A Rams representative initially didn’t respond but Dickerson said he was later told the team was uncomfortable with his public criticism and that General Manager Les Snead or Fisher would be calling to explain.

Said Dickerson:

“I see a 314 number calling in. So I get on the phone and say hello. He says, ‘Hey, Eric, this is Jeff Fisher.’ I said, ‘How you doing, Jeff?’ He said, ‘I just wanted to call you. I want to tell you a few things here. I don’t have time for this, but I’m going to tell you. You’re not going to be talking about the football team, talking about our team, talking about my coaches, expecting to get things from this football team. We’re not going to give you anything. We’re not going to support you in anything. As long as I’m here as coach, we feel uncomfortable with you coming on the sideline. The players are uncomfortable with that. So as long as I’m head coach here, I’m just going to let you know it’s not going to happen.

“So I didn’t say one word. That’s how I was taught. If somebody’s talking, you listen. Because two people can’t talk. So I sat there and listened to what he had to say. I said, ‘Jeff, are you finished?’ He said, ‘I’m finished.’

“I said, ‘Jeff, thank you for the call. I appreciate it. I heard somebody might call me. But, Jeff, I want to say this to you: I am a grown … man. I am not a little kid. I do not work for the Los Angeles Rams.’ I said, ‘I don’t give a damn what you think. My thing is, I want my football team to win. That’s all I care about. I don’t care whose feelings I hurt.’ I said, ‘Jeff, I’m all about the Los Angeles Rams. I want to win.’ I said, ‘You think I’ve been sitting around waiting for the Rams to come back? Jeff, anybody who knows me knows about Eric Dickerson. I don’t have my hand out. If y’all feel like I owe you something, send me a bill in the mail. Send me something and I will pay it. I don’t want nothing from you guys.’ My mother taught me this: When you go to somebody’s house, don’t you go eating up everything. You come home and eat.

“I said, ‘Jeff, and by the way, you can coach the Rams, you can go back to the Titans, you might coach the Browns, you can go to ’SC… I will always be Eric Dickerson of the Los Angeles Rams. That’s why I have that gold jacket. I’m a player first, and I will always be a player. Always. I’m always for the players. Know that.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Well, Demoff (Rams President) still seems like Fisher is staying. What a nightmare. Though, great for all the other NFCW teams.

This is from an article on NFL.com. Unbelievable. It's so incestuous - Kroenke seems to trust Demoff 100%. Demoff's father is Fisher's agent. All one little family.

Yes, we should not judge Fisher by the "prism of just the record" !!!!! Maybe Demoff needs fired too.
---

Jeff Fisher -- who has not won more than seven games in any season since taking charge of the team in 2012 -- is valued by the Rams for more than his record.

"Everybody will want to judge Jeff through the prism of just the record, but that's totally unfair when you look at the set of circumstances he was handed this year," chief operating officer Kevin Demoff told me. "It was different than any team in the NFL.

"We moved halfway across the country, then had OTAs in Oxnard. Training camp was in Irvine, now we're in Thousand Oaks. We moved coaches and players and families. To provide leadership and consistency, he's done a model job."

I pressed Demoff to nail down whether Fisher has signed an extension or if he would definitely be back. He would not say. He would not budge. Still, everything he said seemed to hint that Fisher is staying put. And while Demoff's remarks did come before the Rams were whipped, 49-21, by the Saints on Sunday, the sentiment was pretty strong.

"He's a terrific leader of men," Demoff said. "Players, coaches and staff -- he has their complete respect in the way he runs the franchise. It's easy to talk about the record, but you have to take a snapshot of everything this year and give him the credit that he's due.

http://www.nfl.com/labs/sidelines/rams/ ... -rams.html

HawkGA

Reaction score
Well if he does come back, he'll get a commanding lead for most losses by a head coach.

chris98251

Reaction score
RedAlice":g5y1l2sb said:
Well, Demoff (Rams President) still seems like Fisher is staying. What a nightmare. Though, great for all the other NFCW teams.

This is from an article on NFL.com. Unbelievable. It's so incestuous - Kroenke seems to trust Demoff 100%. Demoff's father is Fisher's agent. All one little family.

Yes, we should not judge Fisher by the "prism of just the record" !!!!! Maybe Demoff needs fired too.
---

Jeff Fisher -- who has not won more than seven games in any season since taking charge of the team in 2012 -- is valued by the Rams for more than his record.

"Everybody will want to judge Jeff through the prism of just the record, but that's totally unfair when you look at the set of circumstances he was handed this year," chief operating officer Kevin Demoff told me. "It was different than any team in the NFL.

"We moved halfway across the country, then had OTAs in Oxnard. Training camp was in Irvine, now we're in Thousand Oaks. We moved coaches and players and families. To provide leadership and consistency, he's done a model job."

I pressed Demoff to nail down whether Fisher has signed an extension or if he would definitely be back. He would not say. He would not budge. Still, everything he said seemed to hint that Fisher is staying put. And while Demoff's remarks did come before the Rams were whipped, 49-21, by the Saints on Sunday, the sentiment was pretty strong.

"He's a terrific leader of men," Demoff said. "Players, coaches and staff -- he has their complete respect in the way he runs the franchise. It's easy to talk about the record, but you have to take a snapshot of everything this year and give him the credit that he's due.

So they want to give him a Mulligan for this year, umm he has been coaching more then just one season I thought as a Rams Coach................................................

el capitan

Reaction score
Maybe he only intends to keep coaching until they finish 8-8 so he can go out on a high.

xgeoff

Reaction score
It's looking very likely that the Rams will finish 7-9 (or worse) this year. I will be very interested to see whether Fisher is offered an extension. There was a LOT of speculation that he would get an extension back when the Rams had a winning record. The fact that the Rams did not jump on that indicates, I think, that they are considering a change. Frankly, I think they will make a change at the end of the season.

Black Monday is coming, Jeff, and it's coming for you...

RichNhansom

Reaction score
chris98251":qj67s22i said:
RedAlice":qj67s22i said:

---

So they want to give him a Mulligan for this year, umm he has been coaching more then just one season I thought as a Rams Coach................................................

Maybe he means without all the circumstances Jeff would be able to get back to his normal 7-9 performance because right now 7-9 looks like a pipe dream.

A

Anonymous

And it just came through on my phone....the Rams have signed him to a 2 year extension. Guess that's good news for us 'Hawks fans.

rigelian

Reaction score
Cyrus12":21p537p2 said:
yes very good news. Dickerson likely ecstatic too!
Yeah only the Rams would prefer Fisher over Dickerson. As a Seahawks fan, I have to say I'm amused and horrified at the same time.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
A 2 year extension. Well, that's bed news to both Rams fans and Seahawks fans. For LA it looks like 2 more years of slightly less than mediocre. For the Seahawks it looks like 2 more years of late hits and frustrating losses.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Yep. Lovely news.

Actual news is that it was discussed in preseason and signed weeks ago. Two year contract with a 1 year buy out option. Les Snead as well.

So, for 2019: new palatial stadium, new colors/uniforms, new coach. Looks like Stan has only been planning for when the stadium opens.

Latest posts