The Official Jeff Fisher Losingest Coach Ever Countdown

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Agreed. Kroenke has a long-term vision, and isn't worried about the process to get there. I've maintained for several years that Fisher was brought in to do a specific job, get the Rams to LA by miring them in mediocrity. He is being rewarded for that success. I honestly thought that he would turn things around this year and secure the 2nd spot in the NFCW and compete for a wildcard. He may yet achieve one of those predictions.

I've also maintained that the talent level on this team is playoff caliber if they could just secure a low-level franchise QB (Alex Smith, James Winston, Andy Dalton) or better. If Goff turns out to be better than I expect, the Rams could actually compete for the NFCW title next year, and a playoff spot.

The combination of Goff and Fisher give me pause though, and I could see next year going either way. I'll give Fisher credit for not ruining Goff right out of the gate.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Agree with you bigskydoc.

Another rumor is that Fisher is being required to bring in an actual outside OC for next year. Hopefully that is true. If he steps away from the offense, it would make the next two years more tolerable and give them a chance with Goff.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
He could also be working on his Losingest Coach Legacy. It would be hard to pass a guy that has a 7 more loss lead? Does that sound right?? LOL

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
RedAlice":128ppsfk said:
Agree with you bigskydoc.

Another rumor is that Fisher is being required to bring in an actual outside OC for next year. Hopefully that is true. If he steps away from the offense, it would make the next two years more tolerable and give them a chance with Goff.
I'd like to see him get a new Defensive Coordinator. It's only a matter of time before one of Gregg Williams' monsters lays a career ending hit on someone very valuable.

edit: spelling

chris98251

Reaction score
Maulbert":1812j5y8 said:
Loss 164. One more to tie Dan Reeves for most all time. Two to pass.

He only needs to finish 2-2 to break the record.

You mean they would play .500 ball the rest of the season? I would bet the odds against that are not even worth betting on in Vegas, he will get the record.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
chris98251":1ce88hww said:
Maulbert":1ce88hww said:
Loss 164. One more to tie Dan Reeves for most all time. Two to pass.

He only needs to finish 2-2 to break the record.

You mean they would play .500 ball the rest of the season? I would bet the odds against that are not even worth betting on in Vegas, he will get the record.

Except they have 3 divisional games left, and you could just see Fisher finish on a 3 game win streak to go 5-1 in the division while they go 7-9 overall. It's just such a Jeff Fisher-y outcome.

cymatica

Reaction score
Jeff Fisher says..

"I'm not going 7-9" again"
"I know what I'm doing"

Someone needs to make a t-shirt out of that with his face on it

ClutchDJ

Reaction score
bigskydoc":1put1xpk said:
Agreed. Kroenke has a long-term vision, and isn't worried about the process to get there. I've maintained for several years that Fisher was brought in to do a specific job, get the Rams to LA by miring them in mediocrity. He is being rewarded for that success. I honestly thought that he would turn things around this year and secure the 2nd spot in the NFCW and compete for a wildcard. He may yet achieve one of those predictions.

I've also maintained that the talent level on this team is playoff caliber if they could just secure a low-level franchise QB (Alex Smith, James Winston, Andy Dalton) or better. If Goff turns out to be better than I expect, the Rams could actually compete for the NFCW title next year, and a playoff spot.

The combination of Goff and Fisher give me pause though, and I could see next year going either way. I'll give Fisher credit for not ruining Goff right out of the gate.

Are you talking about the talent level where their DLine(mainly just Aaron Donald. Quinn has been in & out of the lineup with lingering injuries) is the only good part of their defense? The underwhelming LBs & mediocre secondary? Or the bad OLine & blah WRs?

Or are you just saying that because they've only had Seattle's number lately?

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":3f677cg6 said:
How far are we with respect to the record? I forget every week.

I've updated it after every loss. Just a few posts above yours. 164. 1 to tie, 2 to break.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-12-05-13-45-23.png
    Screenshot_2016-12-05-13-45-23.png
    202.9 KB · Views: 2,733

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":2rf2auxv said:
5_Golden_Rings":2rf2auxv said:
How far are we with respect to the record? I forget every week.

You won a game... back in September, and now it's December.

Trying to think of a good moniker for you. "Tossin for Watson?"
Bear it for Garret.

Toss her for Foster.

(also Watson isn't even in the same league as Kizer, but Kizer is a 2nd round pick at best... my hope is the 49ers wait to draft a QB until 2018, and that Darnold is available then)

RedAlice":2rf2auxv said:
Might break the record right there at the Clink next Thursday.
They might even break it next week, depending on how badly the Falcons beat them.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Worst that can happen v the Falcons next week is to tie the record.

If Falcons win, then a Hawk win will give Fisher the record.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
RedAlice":wx72t5ap said:

What I meant was that Jeff Fischer is capable of having a loss count twice.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
RedAlice":28iglfun said:

Twould be an honor to bestow that upon him.

Latest posts