The Percy factor

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Saw this posted on TNT in the comments section and I thought I'd share here. This is what PH will give us even when he doesn't get the ball.

i2WEIxea7wvbD.gif

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think the Percy factor will be enormous, because I think Percy will play A LOT more than Pete is letting on.

Pete gets excited about Russell getting new shoe laces for his turf cleats, so when I hear him being ho hum and nonchalant about Percy for the past two weeks, it's telling me he's sandbagging.

Cfuji

Reaction score
If Tate and Baldwin win on the outsides, I like the chances of big plays.

Cfuji

Reaction score
I also think a big factor will be field position, the kickoff return game has been a weakness.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Honestly, Doug beat that dude so bad and so immediately that I doubt safety help would have really mattered. If the corner doesn't slip off the line, it doesn't really matter if the FS is eyeing Percy.

He'll be a big factor in those scramble plays, though. That will be havoc for a FS to deal with.

CaptQ

Reaction score
What is amazing to me is the ref on the right hash marks is retreating faster than the defense is.

JonRud

Reaction score
I don't think the kickoff return factor will mean anything. I don't expect the Hawks to line up return more than 2 or 3 kicks max.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I'd like to see Percy and Marshawn line up in the backfield on either side of Russell... and then have Russell run the read option from that Pistol formation.

Options: Hand off to Marshawn... hand off to Percy... Russell keeps and runs... Russell keeps and throws to Percy... or Marshawn... either one coming out of the backfield... or Russell throws down field to Miller, Baldwin or Tate... or to the back that didn't get the handoff.

Laloosh

Reaction score
AF_Hawk":3textcqa said:
Saw this posted on TNT in the comments section and I thought I'd share here. This is what PH will give us even when he doesn't get the ball.

i2WEIxea7wvbD.gif

The thing that I love about this play is that even IF the safety helped out on the sideline, Percy is wide open w/ nothing behind him. If the safety goes to Doug's side and Russell hits Percy in the hands he's taking it to the house.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
EC, excellent point. It was a lose-lose for that safety the minute Baldwin beat his corner.

dbsn2420

Reaction score
I specifically remember watching this play through the Binos from the 300 level West side. As soon as PH broke inside I yelled out Harvin seeing that he was going to be open big. The loft to DB in single coverage up high right was great scheeming and a great read by Wilson.

A

Anonymous

You know, Percy was SOOOO open on that play, even with the double team.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":31dye07p said:

And according to Tate's interview - was not playing 100% healthy. Our current "amazing" version of Harvin would have moved even quicker one would think.

I have Percy at 120 yds on 7 catches, 2TD's (1 receiving, 1 returning), 250+ total yards (receiving + returning). That's a homer call though. Go Hawks!

themunn

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":3ltt7kgs said:

Disagree, the safety helping out means Wilson can't go over the top, and if he goes underneath there's a linebacker exactly in position to make a play.
If the safety bites on Baldwin then Percy has room to do serious damage for sure, but I don't think Percy is open there.

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
Unfortunately dougie smalls only looks that good when his defender slips. Que the other 98% of the season when our wrs can't get separation. blows my mind when people call doug baldwin quick or fast, in the context of nfl fast. Percy or no percy, the problem with our passing game and running game for that matter is that no one needs to be double teamed, any one of our corners could should down db all day long with 1v1 coverage. Will be great if we get percy back regardless though, we need the weapons badly and im sure he will demand a nice amount of attention.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I have been very vocally anti-Harvin from day one and I would love to have him make me look like an idiot.

This is the put up or shut up time.

We need wins now, not later.

If Harvin helps us get over the hump (we have the Saints and then a likely very good 49ers team in our way) then some of the frustration would have been worth it.

Either way, I am rooting for the guy because the Seahawks need him.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
CallMeADawg":15jm48op said:
HoustonHawk82":15jm48op said:

And according to Tate's interview - was not playing 100% healthy. Our current "amazing" version of Harvin would have moved even quicker one would think.

I have Percy at 120 yds on 7 catches, 2TD's (1 receiving, 1 returning), 250+ total yards (receiving + returning). That's a homer call though. Go Hawks!

If that happens I'll need a change of my pants. Along with the rest of the league.