The Power and Gift that is .NET

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
pmedic920":16a2d1gs said:
Way,way, way cool.

You going to wear it at the Game?
Wear it? I hope he's in great shape, a size 42 REAL L-BK jersey is actually TINY.
I couldn't get my size 46 Chris Clemmons game used jersey on.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
What a fantastic gesture, I am glad that in the world we live in, that good deeds continue to happen.

Sealake80

Reaction score
This may be key to unlocking the series of events leading to another Superb Owl. If he mailed it to you before you left to the game I think you are meant to wear it. I'm a little superstitious and so I ask you kindly to wear the jersey to make use of the power and gift.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Sealake80":4ofs8vgt said:
This may be key to unlocking the series of events leading to another Superb Owl. If he mailed it to you before you left to the game I think you are meant to wear it. I'm a little superstitious and so I ask you kindly to wear the jersey to make use of the power and gift.
:2thumbs: :irishdrinkers: :2thumbs: :irishdrinkers: :2thumbs: :irishdrinkers: :2thumbs: :irishdrinkers:

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":j0qp10yb said:
That's as close as you'll get, but I'm not sure it's the exact same patch.
Incredible gesture, congrats.

Image zpsxvrgkjg9

It most definitely is the same patch. In fact it's identical looking in person to that photo. If I take a photo of it with the same angle and lighting it will match.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":3p7yaju5 said:
Wear it? I hope he's in great shape, a size 42 REAL L-BK jersey is actually TINY.

Uh, yeah...I just tried and while I got it on it was quite the comedy routine. I don't even think my 24-year-old skinny son could fit in that thing. If your 16 and weigh around 145 pounds you got a shot. And while I am losing weight, I ain't ever gonna see those numbers again, LOL.

So that takes care of me wearing it...I may still take it with me to show it to my son and friends...

byau

Reaction score
.NET rocks

So do Anguish and Aros

I almost want to switch my username to "Ayau" just to try to be a hanger-on and get identified with the Awesomeness.

Thanks for sharing! It's fun to read these kinds of stories

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Aros":3k2n1yvv said:
ZorntoLargent":3k2n1yvv said:

Uh, yeah...I just tried and while I got it on it was quite the comedy routine. I don't even think my 24-year-old skinny son could fit in that thing. If your 16 and weigh around 145 pounds you got a shot. And while I am losing weight, I ain't ever gonna see those numbers again, LOL.

So that takes care of me wearing it...I may still take it with me to show it to my son and friends...

You better wrap it around your head, turbin style!

Edit: uhh, in THIS 'climate' and in THAT region of the country, maybe not such a good idea now that I think about it. Hate to see you on the evening news for profiling :?

StoneCold

Reaction score
Aros":3b6fen0t said:
ZorntoLargent":3b6fen0t said:

You could take it to a seamstress...

sutz

Reaction score
Aros":16f1ivp7 said:
ZorntoLargent":16f1ivp7 said:
That's as close as you'll get, but I'm not sure it's the exact same patch.
Incredible gesture, congrats.

Image zpsxvrgkjg9

It most definitely is the same patch. In fact it's identical looking in person to that photo. If I take a photo of it with the same angle and lighting it will match.
The difference in background color (home/visitor) might affect how people see it also. ;)

A

Anonymous

Extremely cool gesture indeed.

I can attest to the fact that this type of thing has gone on here at .NET for a very long time. I have both given, and have been the recipient of, similar items in the past. This jersey, however, is probably the most significant exchange I've seen in a long while.

Great stuff Neal.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
sutz":3voxn8n6 said:
The difference in background color (home/visitor) might affect how people see it also. ;)

I was thinking the same thing. Honestly, I've looked at this thing 2 inches from my face and if this isn't the authentic Chromaflex patch the players wore in SB48 I will eat my hat without salt.

There's no way the NFL would bother making a Chromaflex "faux" authentic that matches the real deal in every single category, if so, then that would be the one they would sell to the fans.

Here's some more photos...

Attachments

• authpatch2.jpg
    authpatch2.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 815
  • authpatch1.jpg
    authpatch1.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 815

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I believe you Aros,you have poured over many pictures,visited many sites and now it's over.You can rest because you got your prize.The only thing left is to get all the patches now :lol: line them up and we can view the whole family
:irishdrinkers:

drdiags

Reaction score
Too bad Todd didn't make a video of him trying to get the jersey on. I still remember the Packers playoff game we watched at his friend's house where Todd proceeded to put on a pair of Seahawks game worn pants that DJack wore. When he started, I was like "No freaking way he fits into that ...".

Of course it fit. Helped a little as the game went to hell quickly after taking that early 2 TD lead. I remember one of his guest wearing a Kelly Jenning jersey, only to begin ripping Jennings a new one as the day went on. Good times!

A

Anonymous

drdiags":5m73s0f5 said:
Too bad Todd didn't make a video of him trying to get the jersey on. I still remember the Packers playoff game we watched at his friend's house where Todd proceeded to put on a pair of Seahawks game worn pants that DJack wore. When he started, I was like "No freaking way he fits into that ...".

Of course it fit. Helped a little as the game went to hell quickly after taking that early 2 TD lead. I remember one of his guest wearing a Kelly Jenning jersey, only to begin ripping Jennings a new one as the day went on. Good times!

I believe those pants came from me. eBay handle: Sprintcarscott.

There was a time when I bought and sold a ton of Hawks stuff on that site.

sdog1981

Reaction score
That is a very cool story. So many other Hawk fans have had similar stories like that from .net