OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
drdiags":1sxuv4bf said:
Too bad Todd didn't make a video of him trying to get the jersey on. I still remember the Packers playoff game we watched at his friend's house where Todd proceeded to put on a pair of Seahawks game worn pants that DJack wore. When he started, I was like "No freaking way he fits into that ...".

Of course it fit. Helped a little as the game went to hell quickly after taking that early 2 TD lead. I remember one of his guest wearing a Kelly Jenning jersey, only to begin ripping Jennings a new one as the day went on. Good times!

Ah man, yes my Vodka Days. I remember them (not so) well. LOL! I mean, I even had this emoticon named after me:

:vodka:

Not a flattering day for me or the Seahawks, but still fun memories all the same!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
drdiags":2msr0q7g said:
Too bad Todd didn't make a video of him trying to get the jersey on. I still remember the Packers playoff game we watched at his friend's house where Todd proceeded to put on a pair of Seahawks game worn pants that DJack wore. When he started, I was like "No freaking way he fits into that ...".

Of course it fit. Helped a little as the game went to hell quickly after taking that early 2 TD lead. I remember one of his guest wearing a Kelly Jenning jersey, only to begin ripping Jennings a new one as the day went on. Good times!

This made me Laugh really hard. Thanks Doc. I met Aros a couple times ......cool peeps.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Aros":ban736ar said:
sutz":ban736ar said:
The difference in background color (home/visitor) might affect how people see it also. ;)

I was thinking the same thing. Honestly, I've looked at this thing 2 inches from my face and if this isn't the authentic Chromaflex patch the players wore in SB48 I will eat my hat without salt.

There's no way the NFL would bother making a Chromaflex "faux" authentic that matches the real deal in every single category, if so, then that would be the one they would sell to the fans.

Here's some more photos...
I think I know why your pics don't match mine.
Your patch has a texture mine doesn't. Mine was sewn on.
Yours wasn't. Looks like the used heat to adhere it? So it melted a mesh texture into it?

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":1ie3pk4x said:
I think I know why your pics don't match mine. Your patch has a texture mine doesn't. Mine was seen on. Yours wasn't. Looks like the used heat to adhere it? So it melted a mesh texture into it?

Hmmm...Could very well be...We'll have to have a patch matching party in the future, lol...

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Aros":1d4y194a said:
ZorntoLargent":1d4y194a said:
I think I know why your pics don't match mine. Your patch has a texture mine doesn't. Mine was seen on. Yours wasn't. Looks like the used heat to adhere it? So it melted a mesh texture into it?

Hmmm...Could very well be...We'll have to have a patch matching party in the future, lol...
Totally.
I'm fairly certain Nike just put the patch on with a different method. They also put it slightly to the center of the jersey from mine.

It's the real deal though.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Congrats and awesome all the way around.

Of course, this doesn't mean the quest is entirely over.

I'm thinking you still need a patch for that 48 jersey

If I ever find a source, I'll let you know

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Anguish":2fdbyxtc said:
So, the story behind this jersey:

One of my old co-workers wife is a Marketing mucky muck with Nike. She was at SBXLVIII doing whatever she does. This jersey was on a mannequin somewhere back in NY. She brought it back to her husband, who gave it to me. Being that he is no longer anywhere where I know how to get a hold of him, there's not much more that I've been able to glean about it. All I know is that it's as authentic as they come, and I couldn't think of a better place for it to live.

Enjoy!
Outstanding.... This has gotta be a real feel good dream come true for Mr. Breda, Kudos and much respect to you Neal.
Congrats AROS.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Still floored by the whole thing.

chris98251

Reaction score
So the make him an offer he can't refuse is true, wonder how long till Anguish calls in his favor :)

Seriously, very cool thing to do, Gratz Aros!!!! This is still proven to be a great community of fans and a big Man Hug and high five to Anguish !

IndyHawk

Reaction score
hgwellz12":2kkn23gi said:
Aros":2kkn23gi said:
ZorntoLargent":2kkn23gi said:
Wear it? I hope he's in great shape, a size 42 REAL L-BK jersey is actually TINY.
I couldn't get my size 46 Chris Clemmons game used jersey on.

Uh, yeah...I just tried and while I got it on it was quite the comedy routine. I don't even think my 24-year-old skinny son could fit in that thing. If your 16 and weigh around 145 pounds you got a shot. And while I am losing weight, I ain't ever gonna see those numbers again, LOL.

So that takes care of me wearing it...I may still take it with me to show it to my son and friends...

You better wrap it around your head, turbin style!

Edit: uhh, in THIS 'climate' and in THAT region of the country, maybe not such a good idea now that I think about it. Hate to see you on the evening news for profiling :?
In case you missed it read above Sealake :irishdrinkers:

Sealake80

Reaction score
At first I thought you needed to wear it at the stadium. Obviously the gift and the power is in full effect and wearing was not necessary. Here comes the Superb Owl. I believe in the gift and the power. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Here's my son Shandon wearing the jersey. It was pretty tight even on him...

Attachments

• shan.jpg
    shan.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 313

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
That is one spectacular display of human kindness.

Whats the procedure for contacting Russ to sign the jersey? I bet he would love to sign that if he knows about,it, but he must get an unbelievable amount of mail...

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":chxhqr0i said:
That is one spectacular display of human kindness.

Whats the procedure for contacting Russ to sign the jersey? I bet he would love to sign that if he knows about,it, but he must get an unbelievable amount of mail...

I was thinking about asking VP of Community Outreach Mike Flood (and always a friend of .NET through the years) if it could somehow be arranged to have Russell sign it. I will update the thread if there's any info that comes out of it.

djb28

Reaction score
Nice. The authentics are on Ebay. They are $100 ea. You made out good.