The Richard Sherman Appreciation Thread

Tusc2000

Reaction score
This hurts a lot more than I thought it would. Going to miss Richard greatly, the swagger, the intelligence, the talent, the passion.

There were a lot of great plays, no one in the NFL had more interceptions during his 7 years with the Seahawks. He played tough and he played to win.

But I think his biggest, and most devastating hit was on Skip Bayless....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6x-O3kb1sI

bigskydoc

Reaction score
A meme I made prior to that infamous NFCCG game against the Niners.

1507156_736027953074595_1830918361_n.jpg

After the storybook ending to that game, I made this one.

1601343_742082765802447_184471793_n.jpg

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I will never forget Sherm dancing with Seagal Jessica after picking off Kaep during the regular season win at the Clink.

1011928_744398568904200_1907582798_n.jpg

OLYhawks

Reaction score
I'll miss most his play on the field. I was always in awe when I saw him make an open field tackle on an RB, or anyone in the open field. Not just any tackle, but one with emphasis. You just don't see that from corners.

BeanieHawk

Reaction score
To Sherman (if you're reading this): Thanks for the memories...you gave it your all from the first day drafted from Stanford by the Seahawks! Your competitiveness and moxy was needed to kick start our ascent into not just relevancy of our beloved team to the top tier all teams in the NFL, but respect for the Seahawks throughout all sports in this country and beyond.

Superbowl 48 would not have happened without you. Many times I saw you helping out fellow teammates in preseason, giving advice to coaches on what you saw during games, and yes even joking and ranting with all players and team personnel on the sidelines when we needed it the most (sometimes doing both at the same time!)

Good luck Richard in your future endevours whereever it may be (on and off the field)...and remember you always will be apart of this highly regarded team: the Seattle Seahawks. "We all we got, we all we need!"

James in PA

Reaction score
Just watched the Sound FX video of “the tip” on NFL.com. Got me all choked up. Such a clutch player. Such great times. It all flew by too quick. Thanks for the memories, Richard. You’ll go down as one of the most iconic Seahawks players of all time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djb28

Reaction score
This sucks. But not as much as watching our D get lit up next season.

chris98251

Reaction score
This Man is the only guy that could be brash and back it up every game every day and had the wins to prove it.

Mages252520pictures25252025252025252831252529

Until this man.

Rman 121315 getty ftrjpg 6nlfcokykh2q1l3zpqdg6n8j5

We will always remember you, what you brought and what you have done for Seattle.

There will be imitations but you were the first, Richard, Kam, Earl and Brandon !

111013-FFD_LEGION-OF-BOOM_V-MON-CQ-PI-CH.jpg

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
And from Sherman to us...

Attachments

• rih.jpg
    rih.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 1,472

HawkGA

Reaction score
I've been a Seahawk fan for a long time but I only "follow" them nowadays and seldom watch games and am not as emotionally invested as I used to be. But I think it's safe to say there has never been a player leave the Seahawks that made me as sad as Sherman leaving. Largent's retirement was sad but sweet because he was retiring a Seahawk and had been a Seahawk his entire career (aside from originally being drafted by Houston). But this one hurts.

daveyoung52

Reaction score
NFL formula for success,parity and TNF,what happens,Richard Sherman is a 49er. :pukeface:

niceguy12

Reaction score
Watching him in the playoffs playing with one arm was an incredible display of his warrior spirit. I hate to see him go but part of me is looking forward to Russ vs Sherm twice a year.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
When it's all said and done, Sherman's cap hit will only be like $6 million this year (and even that amount requires him to avoid injury). Then they can release in one year with just over $3 million in dead money.

Most likely, Sherman will be one and done in Santa Clara. What a stupid contract he agreed to.

chris98251

Reaction score
hawknation2018":2cj988ya said:
When it's all said and done, Sherman's cap hit will only be like $6 million this year (and even that amount requires him to avoid injury). Then they can release in one year with just over $3 million in dead money.

Most likely, Sherman will be one and done in Santa Clara. What a stupid contract he agreed to.

Doesn't matter, he needed a place to play to prove he is back from his injury, he meets his incentives and has a decent contract, his incentives are not that hard to achieve if he is healthy.

If S.F. cuts him he is now healthy, he would have been in the Pro Bowl, he will be able to make better money without question marks about his health.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
Richard Sherman was my favorite Seahawk.

He was the face of the team for me and I feel a great sense of loss that I won't be seeing him in a Seahawks uniform flying around the field wrecking havoc on another team's best laid plans.

Apart from his stellar play in which he provided dramatic highlight reels, he was also a star in a cast of colorful personalities. He had grit, swagger, mental and physical toughness not always found in gifted players.

I especially liked his outspoken frankness and intelligence. In an era of PC commentary, many interviewees came across as rehearsed and repetitive. Not Sherm. One of my favorites being when he cut loose on Erin regarding receiver Crabtree (after 'the tip' which took us to the Super Bowl.)

Thank you Sherman for all you've done, wishing you well and you will be missed!

jeremiah

Reaction score
hawknation2018":204uzhk4 said:

Am I missing something? He gets a $5 million signing bonus and $39 Million for 3 years. What is the amount of money he gets for year 1? I figure an injured player just got a big raise for the one year.