The Saints were jobbed

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
We all know what will happen, Brady will complete like 13 straight 3rd downs in the 2nd half and take his team to another Lombardi. I expect nothing less, and they are playing a team that has ZERO business being in this game. :pukeface:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2u0yoqkw said:
James in PA":2u0yoqkw said:
If the NFL had any integrity, if they really wanted to get it right, there would be a do over in which the Rams and Saints reconvene in New Orleans for the final 1:49 of regulation, with the score tied at 20 and the Saints having a first down just inside the L.A. five. Rams have 1 timeout remaining.

Yep, there is now a lawsuit seeking this scenario. Of course it won’t win because it would be exactly the right thing to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would not be the right thing to do.

The game has always been played with and officiated with human fallibility a part of it.

This error is massive but the solution will be the futute not the past.

Sucks for Saints fans though. They won a Super Bowl on the backs of many questionable calls in their NFC win against the Vikings years ago.
Remember those conspiracy theories? Katrina? Brees? Etc.
That was a brutal one to watch..
They let Favre get killed over and over..I was disgusted

chris98251

Reaction score
It would be great if they could halt the Super Bowl till this has a court date or file a injunction, make the NFL panic to save their prized extravaganza or push it out and really piss off every teams fans and a lot of millionaire mucky mucks that have things all scheduled already.

They will fix stuff in a hurry.

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
chris98251":d65lclxu said:
It would be great if they could halt the Super Bowl till this has a court date or file a injunction, make the NFL panic to save their prized extravaganza or push it out and really piss off every teams fans and a lot of millionaire mucky mucks that have things all scheduled already.

Problem is even if they did it would set a dangerous precedent, how far back would they have to go? Think about it, starting with 2003 Super bowl how many games decided by bad calls?

SF49r

Reaction score
I sure wish we could replay Superbowl 47 after that blatant holding on crabtree..

James in PA

Reaction score
So where is the clown Goodell anyway? He’s been awfully quiet since this travesty. Then again, his public relations crap would only piss me off more. “Sorry, we messed it up, but I can assure you we’ll do everything in our power to make it better, going forward.” I can already hear it. Just shut the F up. This is the SUPER BOWL. A team, a city, and it’s fans were completely ROBBED! The ONLY way to make this right is to invoke Rule 17 of the official rulebook and replay the balance of the NFC Championship game from the moment the robbery took place. The Super Bowl is still almost 2 weeks away. Just FIX THIS NOW and no “we’re sorry” BS!!!’

El Caliente

Reaction score
It’s interesting, the NFL is investigating the hell out of the laser that was being shot at Tom Brady, but not a damn word about the refs.

Typical WWE...err...NFL.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":c5033gm2 said:
The tinfoil hat comments just piss me off.

This isn't a conspiracy theory, we all freaking saw it.

The NFL has openly been caught lying and cheating and have been accused of colluding in MANY high profile legal cases, and in several of those cases have had to pay out money.

They knew that the concussions were far worse than they said openly, and they lied about it and went about business.

They take away football teams from communities and extort taxpayers to the tune of billions of dollars so they can line their pocketbooks... in cities where the people can't even pay schoolteachers or supply adequate housing, or even afford homeless shelters they are giving billionaires public funds to build arena's.

And you damn well know they've had their greedy eyes on the LA Market for years.. and in order to make that succeed, they HAD to have a winner.

This Rams team is a manufactured fraud created by a collusion of billionaires to further line their pockets.

So, we have a cartel of the richest most powerful people on the continent, who have been caught lying, colluding, and cheating over and over and over -- who have proven they have no scruples at all.

And now you are telling me that you believe they "wouldn't cheat" and that everyone who questions the blatant facts are the ones wearing the tinfoil hats. REALLY?

It's like finding out some mafia guy has gone straight and is about to rat out a mob boss, and suddenly the guy turns up dead... and your reaction is "Well, I just don't believe the mob boss did it. There's no evidence... I mean, yea, he's a mob boss, and yea the guy was going to testify, but man, I'm not into conspiracy's... that shit only happens in the movies, not in real life... there's no conspiracy at all, take your tinfoil hat off!"

It's deliberate and willing turning your eyes the other way because you can't accept the truth.

I mean, I get it... you don't want it to be true. We've developed a society that thrives on delusion. It's easier than dealing with painful realities.

So many of us are the guy who's 50 grand in debt, living paycheck to paycheck putting a brand new 4k big screen TV on the credit card... and thinking that someday he'll pay it off.

I get it, most people like to live under delusions rather than accepting painful realities.

But everyone also, deep down, knows that there was a communication from the league to those referees not to call anything in the red zone on that drive. If I had the resources to run an investigation and interrogate those refs under penalty of perjury, we'd absolutely find out that it was exactly the case that they were INSTRUCTED to affect the outcome of that game.

Otherwise, two guys who have thrown dozens of cheap and dubious pass interference flags over the past few seasons, wouldn't stare down a blatant penalty and swallow their whistles.

So...

The NFL... knowing it must have the Rams in the Super Bowl.. let them go down 13-0..

Be down late in the game and let the Saints nearly ice the game knowing.. i mean without a doubt because they are cheating and setting this up... that theyll have this one chance to steal (after of course they somehow get the rams to march down the field but not all the way down the field so they could tie it but not win it then lose the coin toss knowing that a tipped ball would land in the hands of a guy on his back...then... let the rams march down for a chip shot 57 FIFTY SEVEN yard game winning kick) a win for the Rams by not calling PI.

But tin foil comments make you mad?

Ill just say i see some holes in your theory.

I will agree the NFL is a money hungry machine with loose morals and flexible abiding of the law. Its also run by 32 men, 31 of them who give zero shits about the Rams winning.

chris98251

Reaction score
Biscanebay12":6wvhfhep said:
chris98251":6wvhfhep said:

Problem is even if they did it would set a dangerous precedent, how far back would they have to go? Think about it, starting with 2003 Super bowl how many games decided by bad calls?

The precident would be that teams would need to travel again to a site for a make up of the botched calls, that expense would be on the owners but should be on the league, it will also mark and target bad officials. The next aspect is TV and scheduling.

It would mess with the NFL money machine.

Would love to see the Saints and other fans outside of the Stadium in Atlanta holding up Rule 17 posters and where are you Roger? Can't count to 17?

RedAlice

Reaction score
What are your thoughts on the entire rule 17?

The second part too.

Era: the second part says calls cannot be challenged.

RedAlice

Reaction score
And sorry, just to be clear.

If the call had happened to the Hawks after all the game played before and after - what, you personally would boycott Hawks going to the Super Bowl?

RedAlice

Reaction score
SF49r":2jn7kjan said:
I sure wish we could replay Superbowl 47 after that blatant holding on crabtree..

Haha.

I’m still waiting for anyone to tell me what the Rams did wrong.

Cuz you’ve made them the Bad Guy in this.

Rams played a game of football.

Refs messed up.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":g65yv2u3 said:
Uncle Si":g65yv2u3 said:
[

So...

The NFL... knowing it must have the Rams in the Super Bowl.. let them go down 13-0..

Be down late in the game and let the Saints nearly ice the game knowing.. i mean without a doubt because they are cheating and setting this up... that theyll have this one chance to steal (after of course they somehow get the rams to march down the field but not all the way down the field so they could tie it but not win it then lose the coin toss knowing that a tipped ball would land in the hands of a guy on his back...then... let the rams march down for a chip shot 57 FIFTY SEVEN yard game winning kick) a win for the Rams by not calling PI.

I will agree the NFL is a money hungry machine with loose morals and flexible abiding of the law. Its also run by 32 men, 31 of them who give zero shits about the Rams winning.

All of that other stuff is irrelevant and you know it.

All the crap in all the games in the first 56 minutes of every NFL game now is largely pointless ... it's just like the NBA now. The bulk of the game is back and forth where nothing much happens because of the rule changes they put in the game create a situation where one team can't go out and put a game away without everything going right for them and the other team just not showing up.... every game is almost always going to be decided in the last few minutes.

Pick any game this season, turn it on with 3 or 4 minutes to go... there's your game. The rest has all been clockwork. It's painful to even watch the first 3 quarters now because you know what's going to happen...you know it's going to "Miraculously come down to the wire". Oooooooooooooooh, isn't that fantastic. It's so exciting, it's like everyone is just playing fantastic football for 3 quarters.

Except if you watch Seahawk games these past few years, you know your team can come out and deliberately suck in the most insanely painful horrible way for 55 minutes and then suddenly perk up at the end and everyone says "oh see, look they are always in games!... they must be great!"

LOL

No, it's the modern rules.

So all it takes in almost any game is one key sequence of calls or no calls.

Do they control every match completely in the WWF? They don't have to. The rules do that for them.

Which makes it much easier to affect the outcome of a game than at any time in NFL history.

They learned a lesson in XL... that it's tough to expose yourself in the modern era with a long drawn out full game screw job like they did with XL when it was obvious to everyone in the world that the fix was in.

Now they can say "Oh it was just one error!"

So all the other stuff that changed the game is irrelevant and was out of control of the league but they went with one opportune moment?

Nah.. thats absurd. A fix implies they are guaranteeing an outcome, which even in XL they didnt do.

And WWF? You cant be serious.

Z.. the no call was awful and the league needs to address the element of egregious human error. But i cant go as far as saying its addressing corr6over incompetence because that means watching the game is the same as watching saturday morning wrestling...

Uncle Si

Reaction score
RedAlice":244xvrev said:
SF49r":244xvrev said:

Haha.

Refs messed up.

This is absolutely correct

Jac

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1c3y6hvv said:
RedAlice":1c3y6hvv said:
SF49r":1c3y6hvv said:

Haha.

Refs messed up.

It's semantics. The "outcome" of the Rams being in the Super Bowl is the "Bad Guy". Pretty much nobody is saying the Rams cheated with the intent of getting away with it. But there are a whole lot of people saying (or thinking) they don't really deserve to be there in the Saints' place.

Mindsink

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":2g31z5zz said:
Uncle Si":2g31z5zz said:
[

So...

All of that other stuff is irrelevant and you know it.

All the crap in all the games in the first 56 minutes of every NFL game now is largely pointless ... it's just like the NBA now. The bulk of the game is back and forth where nothing much happens because of the rule changes they put in the game create a situation where one team can't go out and put a game away without everything going right for them and the other team just not showing up.... every game is almost always going to be decided in the last few minutes.

Pick any game this season, turn it on with 3 or 4 minutes to go... there's your game. The rest has all been clockwork. It's painful to even watch the first 3 quarters now because you know what's going to happen...you know it's going to "Miraculously come down to the wire". Oooooooooooooooh, isn't that fantastic. It's so exciting, it's like everyone is just playing fantastic football for 3 quarters.

Except if you watch Seahawk games these past few years, you know your team can come out and deliberately suck in the most insanely painful horrible way for 55 minutes and then suddenly perk up at the end and everyone says "oh see, look they are always in games!... they must be great!"

LOL

No, it's the modern rules.

So all it takes in almost any game is one key sequence of calls or no calls.

Do they control every match completely in the WWF? They don't have to. The rules do that for them.

Which makes it much easier to affect the outcome of a game than at any time in NFL history.

They learned a lesson in XL... that it's tough to expose yourself in the modern era with a long drawn out full game screw job like they did with XL when it was obvious to everyone in the world that the fix was in.

Now they can say "Oh it was just one error!"

The mental gymnastics you must go through to keep your conspiracy theory relevant must be exhausting.

Let me guess, you also believe that 9/11 was an inside job, that we never landed on the moon, and that the Earth is flat? Right? :roll:

We're really to believe that this ref, in that one split second, made the conscious decision to see a foul and not throw a flag because he knew the exact game situation and knew in advance that this one call would would determine the outcome? Not to mention the Rams still had to come back and score with under 2 minutes left. And then had to stop the Saints drive in OT, and then had to march down and score the winner after that. I didn't see any bad calls/no calls during any of that.

Jac

Reaction score
Mindsink":2kca4727 said:
The mental gymnastics you must go through to keep your conspiracy theory relevant must be exhausting.

Let me guess, you also believe that 9/11 was an inside job, that we never landed on the moon, and that the Earth is flat? Right? :roll:

We're really to believe that this ref, in that one split second, made the conscious decision to see a foul and not throw a flag because he knew the exact game situation and knew in advance that this one call would would determine the outcome? Not to mention the Rams still had to come back and score with under 2 minutes left. And then had to stop the Saints drive in OT, and then had to march down and score the winner after that. I didn't see any bad calls/no calls during any of that.

There doesn't need to be a conspiracy for one to wonder what exactly WERE the refs thinking about in that moment. What did they see or not see that every casual fan was correctly able to? I mean refs manage to call ticky-tack penalties against defensive backs all the time. What was it about this one that made this one so hard to call? It's as if it was so obvious and egregious, they collectively short-circuited.

James in PA

Reaction score
Jac":oysrot8z said:
Uncle Si":oysrot8z said:
RedAlice":oysrot8z said:
SF49r":oysrot8z said:

Haha.

Refs messed up.

It's semantics. The "outcome" of the Rams being in the Super Bowl is the "Bad Guy". Pretty much nobody is saying the Rams cheated with the intent of getting away with it. But there are a whole lot of people saying (or thinking) they don't really deserve to be there in the Saints' place.
Yep. And what if the Rams win this game, which is a very real possibility. Now we have a team hoisting the Lombardi who shouldn’t have been participating in the game in the first place. Or will we see some “make up” officiating in the SB against them, leading to further controversy? What a friggin MESS! This multi-billion dollar league totally RUINED this SB for so many people.