The Thing I Hate Most About The 49ers______Thread

AgentDib

Reaction score
I primarily like watching good football and I'm glad that the NFC West is a strong division. As fun as making the playoffs at 7-9 is we pay to see (at least) 3 divisional games a year and having competitive games has been great the last few years. I even root for the 49ers to play well on occasion when it doesn't affect us.

The fan base really does have some annoying elements though; the stadium is like 10% bay area wannabe thugs and 10% clueless ring counters. Sure, the 49ers were good in the 80's under Montana and in the 90's under Young; when the Hawks were in a different conference and we almost never played each other. I think we only played each other twice in the entire 90s - one close loss at home and one blowout win at home. We weren't rivals.

The portion of the 49er fan base that tries to bring up accomplishments from twenty years ago doesn't understand that we don't care that much. What we care about is the division and our head to head results, where we narrowly lead the all-time series 16-15 with a chance for the 49ers to tie it up on Thursday.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Their newer fan base that hollers 5 rings all the damn time. I used to really despise Kaep but not so much anymore since he tends to give it away to us more so than not. I like listening to his post game interviews, they make me laugh. He acts like such a dick with his answers. It's clear to see he's still very uncomfortable in front of the camera.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
352c12087540257b6d06179f931670a2.jpg

NINEster

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1em8dc3x said:
Honestly, the fans and Harbaugh are good, standard hate fodder. But this year, the really irritating thing is how they've been pulling wins out of their asses recently.

We just wanted to remind you guys of your Super Bowl season. :mrgreen:

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I don't hate. But nothing riles up the schadenfreude better than a Harbaugh meltdown. They're so over-the-top, it's just plain funny how he loses all control. The yelling, the facial contortions, the limbs flailing, the Sharpie flopping, and for those super special moments, a full-body spin or two and/or a clipboard slam. :lol:

It's even better knowing that the thing other fans hate most about our coach is that he chews gum. :lol:

When it comes to "hating" internet fans, I don't get it. Anyone anywhere could compile an equally long list of d-bags from all corners of the web supporting any of the 32 teams. ("yeah, but WAY MORE of THEIR fans are WAY WORSE!" psshhh...) Even some of the smarter, more level-headed regulars here can come across as jerks when they post on opponents' boards.

As for the punch- and stab-happy fans at games, yeah they suck. And there seems to be a lot of sucky 9ers fans in that regard.

Kap4president

Reaction score
NINEster":2d1c2te7 said:
volsunghawk":2d1c2te7 said:
Honestly, the fans and Harbaugh are good, standard hate fodder. But this year, the really irritating thing is how they've been pulling wins out of their asses recently.

^^^^THIS is classic, i am really enjoying this thread!

Attachments

• images (1).jpg
    images (1).jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 517

ManBunts

Reaction score
Hate is kinda harsh, but what I dislike is how far I feel like the Niners have fallen. I actually liked them in the 90s. Rice, Young, Watters, Norton, Bryant...it was a good group of guys that fought hard and played well. But now, it feels like they've fallen. They'll do whatever, keep whoever on the team, make a stink about anything, as long as it gets the win. There are a few good guys, don't get me wrong. I really like Justin Smith and Navarro Bowman. Awesome players, good work ethic.

To the original post, I don't dislike the fans as a whole. Every group has bad seeds, ours too, so let's not start that, even if they do, because that can only come back on us. I don't like that suddenly 49er games have become the most violent ones to go to, that's for sure.

I also don't dislike Kap. He's a young guy, caught up in the dream, and as much as I rag him for choking at certain points (and hope he continues to choke), he's basically had the weight of that team put on him. Same thing we've done to Russell. In ways it's not fair. So whatever, he wears a Dolphins hat. Dumb, but he hasn't beaten, raped or killed anyone, so he's still one of the better guys in the league.

Harbaugh...I can't stand Harbaugh. I can't stand the whining, the yelling, the tantrums, I can't stand the hypocrisy, protesting to hold his guys to a higher standard, then constantly bringing back Aldon Smith, not benching Ray McDonald. The man may be good at coaching, but he's still a petulant child.

Honestly the one thing that stands out to me about the 49er team that still gets me riled up: The time when the guy on their sideline took a cheap shot at Lane out of bounds. That still pisses me off to no end. No punishment, nothing. To me, that type of act sums up my feelings about the 49ers. They're a talented team, with some good people, but when it comes down to it, they'll do what it takes to win, even if it means leaving their so called morals in the dirty

tom sawyer

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":rqrxfxi4 said:
tom sawyer":rqrxfxi4 said:
Hate is a strong word.

But, if there is one thing that really irritates me, really pisses me off, yeah, I get pretty worked up just thinking about it now....man.. MAN you know it.... was it is... UGH!! it's that stupid sourdough sam, what is that sissy crap, what kind of mascot is that... might as well have some horse, or a guy in a peanut suit and top hat. Geez, what a crock!!

He's a miner 49er, we can't all have a stupid looking bird for a mascot.

:sarcasm_on: Yeah, a miner 49er, that makes its better. :sarcasm_off:

pehawk

Reaction score
I hate the 49ers for what their fans do to ours. The NFL Forum is mostly 49ers and Hawks fans bickering with one another. That sucks.

I also hate Garrison Hearst. He knows why.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
NINEster":23hqvnz6 said:
volsunghawk":23hqvnz6 said:

Heh, I bet that WAS annoying for you guys last year. Touche. :mrgreen:

seahawks187

Reaction score
the fans.. some are cool but so many of them think they are some OG TRIPPLE OGs

BlueTalons

Reaction score
253hawk":32ly2e9h said:
Hell yeah, VHS!

There are some very telling things about that back cover:
It is not shameful to lose at Kansas City.
It is not shameful to lose at home to an NFC East opponent.
That season was exactly 20 years ago.
The Seahawks did not play the 9ers that year even though the NFCW played the AFCW because back then the previous year fifth place team had it's own intra-conference games (Hawks played the other two NFC fifth place teams + home and away with the other AFC fifth place team.)

GFang

Reaction score
I have no qualms with the Whiners team. I respect all the players and all of their coaches, including Harbaugh.

Besides the criminal element, their fans are cool to me as well. I don't understand how fans can hate fans from other teams. We're all in the same boat.

What I do not respect about the Whiners is the Yorks. To me, they seem to be one of the greediest and most callous families in pro sports. Based on the complaints about Levi's stadium (expenses, heat, crowded conditions, assaults, traffic flow), the Yorks seem to have little regard for their fans' safety and comfort. Also, an anti-Asian training video was produced under the Yorks' tenure (google "suck hung, suck young", 2005); this, despite their being many longtime loyal 49ers fans of Asian descent in the Bay Area.

Go Hawks!

253hawk

Reaction score
BlueTalons":2lkgomqp said:
There are some very telling things about that back cover:

There's also two Seahawks on it. ;)