The Tyler Lockett Touchdown Thread (2015)

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Laloosh":z1qm42x7 said:
4ZstOhy.gif

I'm blown away by this kid every week. The acceleration to generate separation and then the way he adjusts to the ball and fights for the completion . . . . an infinitesimally small number of the players in the league can do this.

It turns out, T-Lock is a much better WR than he is a returner, his impending Pro Bowl award notwithstanding, which is the exact opposite of what the team said right after he was drafted.

I don't think this was mentioned on the board, but last week Lockett was ranked #1 in the NFL in WR DVOA:
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr

Somehow, Lockett had an even higher rating in regular Value Over Average, grading out as 48.3% better than an average receiver. His freakish 80% catch rate leads the league by a significant margin.

As of last week, Baldwin is 3rd in catch rate, 3rd in DVOA, 3rd in VOA, and 4th in DYAR. Kearse was 9th in DVOA.

For those keeping score, that is three WRs in the Top 10 of DVOA on one roster. And somehow, none of those Top 10 WRs have drawn a single Defensive Pass Interference call, according to the league's officials.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
naholmes":32moj59z said:
hawknation2015":32moj59z said:
Lockett's diving grab on a low-thrown ball by Archer was also incredible.

Yeah it was a great adjustment for a poorly thrown ball and I'm glad Pete wasted no time pulling him out of the game after that play. There's no need for Lockett to be sacrificing his body trying to catch erratic passes from Archer in the preseason.

Archer must have wondered why he suddenly lost his all-pro groove! :lol:

12thbrah

Reaction score
Lockett has been unbelievable this season. The guy played like someone who has been in the league for 5 years already. Sky is the limit for him.

Latest posts