There are no Front Office Leaks

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Does the FO have 'spin doctors'? Of course they do, the same as any $billion corporation would.

Is ML 'different'? Yup, he's certainly is...and that difference is part of what makes him special. He has his public persona, and he doesn't change it. It's what he wants the public to see.

When you play the game as he does; when a body takes the beating that his does; can you blame the man from going inside himself?

I once heard an interview w/ML were (I believe) the question was 'What's the one thing you don't like about your job? His answer was "I shouldn't be a celebrity."

Personally, I don't care if he's nuts (by some peoples standards); he's a great player who brings it every game!

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Remember all the Carson Palmer stories? 'He's coming to Seattle because his in-laws live in Portland...he has family here.' His wife & kids were seen in Sammamish. He just bought a house in Seattle! etc,etc, etc.

How did that work out???

Scottemojo

Reaction score
LymonHawk":6pav0de3 said:
Remember all the Carson Palmer stories? 'He's coming to Seattle because his in-laws live in Portland...he has family here.' His wife & kids were seen in Sammamish. He just bought a house in Seattle! etc,etc, etc.

How did that work out???
Those were not coming from the press.

pehawk

Reaction score
LymonHawk":1jtvpdhk said:

How did that work out???

Actually I missed all that. Honest. What was the jist?

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":2ori4zyq said:
All of this business about anonymous sources is bunk. Look at it this way.

The Percy Harvin trade was a big deal. A really big deal. How much did "sources" leak to the media about the discontent in the locker room and Harvin's attitude before the trade? Zip. Nothing. Zilch. And now we're to believe that Silver, Rappaport etc have people in the front office feeding them information about Lynch? I call bs. What would that help? Not a damn thing.

"Sources" say the team is fed up with Lynch's antics, not showing up the White House.

"Sources" say this is Lynch's last year in Seattle.

Well, I have "sources" too. And my sources say that these media folks are full of ish. They have no real sources, they have conjecture. They think Lynch's cap number is too high next year so they report that "sources" say he will be gone, they think the front office should be upset with Lynch's attitude. They have no real information, and they have no journalistic integrity.

No offense, but this post sounds like classic fan wishful thinking.

Clearly Chris Mortensen has plenty of sources. Ian Rapoport works for the NFL and they make sure he's connected.

And most importantly, not ONE person in Seattle has denied the report and said Lynch will be back. It'd be that simple. And nobody has said it.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2ccc97wf said:
At some point, it does not matter what the truth is. Truth for most people is just an interpretation of perception.

Lynch has implied, if not gone on record, that he feels the FO or Carroll (maybe both?) are smearing him.

Why? The rational response is that it could be to soften the blow, as alluded to earlier. That makes sense.

And it would be dumb.

But there is too much smoke rising for there not to be an issue. Carroll finally went on record as stating how important Lynch was. But the leaks were specific in stating "the FO is moving on from Lynch after this year" or "the FO is tired of Lynch's antics". So clearly there is SOME connection to the FO, and even if it is the janitor - IT ISNT A STATEMENT THE FO SHOULD BE MAKING IN FRONT OF THE JANITOR OR ANYONE ELSE.

My issue is this FO reeks of hubris right now. Look at them cutting an OL when our OL was gutted at the beginning of the year. Look at the ridiculous way the Harvin trade was handled. Even the way the Lynch holdout was managed was a bit bungled.

This FO put all its chips on Wilson this year, but neglected to give him experienced WRs, an OL, and decent offensive gameplans. We also bet it all on a scheme that included Harvin, Lynch and Wilson in some misdirection approach - apparently not aware the entire plan falls apart if Harvin goes down. Since Harvin is made of balsa wood and glass, it was a matter of time - but first his total douch*baggery won out and they had to trade him. Again, why build your entire offense around a scheme that demands the use of your most idiotic WR that has a history of never being able to play for you? When you know he was a d*ck to half the team besides? Hubris. They just assumed they were smarter than the data.

Of course betting on Wilson was doomed to fail because he had no supporting cast. The moment Miller went down, and then to a lesser extent McCoy (who also never really did much) - he was screwed. So no TEs
. And as for WRs? We might have been better off bringing back Rice, even if he was only able to play while riding a HoverRound chair.

Lynch isn't Miller. He knows he is carrying this team and he is the one risking permanent injury years from now to do it. For that, he asks that he be recognized and paid accordingly. We grudgingly him only a little mor in a little, because we assumed Wilson would just take over. He didn't and the FO had promptly p*ssed off Lynch.

Lynch has every right to be angry. This team has no chance over the next two years of going better than 8-8 without Lynch. We DEPEND ON HIM. It isn't even Wilson's fault he cannot produce as a passer consistently, since asking him to lead this team to a championship with this offense is like asking someone to create a five course gourmet meal but they can only shop for ingredients at AM/PM.

Without a consistent passing game it is just stupid to get rid of one of the best runningbacks in the game. (And please stop suggesting we can slip Michael in there, or worse Turbin...they are either years away, or need some HGH. We would be better off with that Icky Woods in the deli commercial.)
I agree with you on a lot of this post, especially the bolded part. Good stuff man. Where I disagree is the 8-8 part without Lynch. I know not everyone feels the way I do, but I have faith in Russ to step up if necessary next season and I do expect the front office to make the changes necessary to accomplish that. If they don't, then yeah, 8-8 is a real possibility.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":31rmt01r said:
LymonHawk":31rmt01r said:

How did that work out???
Those were not coming from the press.

Although most of it came from 'blogs,' the press picked it up and ran with it. That info also came from, 'sources.'

LymonHawk

Reaction score
pehawk":12qpa950 said:
LymonHawk":12qpa950 said:

How did that work out???

Actually I missed all that. Honest. What was the jist?

Did you say honest? :mrgreen: This was before he signed with the Raiders. IIRC:

Bloggers were claiming he was coming here because his wife had family living up here. Hi kids and nanny were also seen up here, etc, etc.

pehawk

Reaction score
Thanks LymonHawk, but I still feel like I'm missing something. Someone on this site maybe acted in the know? Wasn't there the franchise QB. conversation and a phone being slammed?

I've never once thought any of these sources were anything other than Pete or JS disciples.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
You couldn't possibly be talking about the author of one of my favorite tweets of all time?

JKent82

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2wtko53n said:
No offense, but this post sounds like classic fan wishful thinking.

Clearly Chris Mortensen has plenty of sources. Ian Rapoport works for the NFL and they make sure he's connected.

And most importantly, not ONE person in Seattle has denied the report and said Lynch will be back. It'd be that simple. And nobody has said it.

Well it's not as if the rumors don't have some base, it's how they stick. Marshawn might not be here next year and it makes no sense for the FO to come out and say otherwise. That doesn't mean they are leaking things to the media.

I see it as a continuation of three things:
#1. The Seahawks draw clicks on a national level these days, fans love to hate the Seahawks and the Seahawks have been very successful and loud about it. Thus more interest in Seahawks related drama. The Percy Harvin saga cast a big shadow on the locker room and the FO and now that the Seahawks are losing, it's easy to create negative narratives around them.

#2. Marshawn doesn't have a good relationship with the media, he's had run-ins with the law before, and is easy to cast him as a malcontent. To the average fan he plays the part very well.

#3. The holdout and posturing over the offseason have a big effect. The FO talked up Christine Michael and how they could move on and use a RBBC, and Marshawn demanded more money. It made the keep/cut Marshawn storyline more mainstream and it's easy to continue with.

Typically the sort of damage control that teams use doesn't occur midseason, except post-moves like with Harvin. It doesn't make a lot of sense to create drama when you're trying to win games. The off-season is for posturing. Now that doesn't mean the Seahawks aren't creating it, I just see a lot of reasons why national reporters have incentive to write about the situation in a negative light. I'm sure there's some fire with all this smoke, but I doubt the FO is fanning it.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
pehawk":3kp2a3bd said:
Thanks LymonHawk, but I still feel like I'm missing something. Someone on this site maybe acted in the know? Wasn't there the franchise QB. conversation and a phone being slammed?

I've never once thought any of these sources were anything other than Pete or JS disciples.

Someone here claimed to have a source in Cincy, IIRC. Can't remember the poster's name. (Hey, not my fault they made the stuff legal.) :mrgreen:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
LymonHawk":2rpb6sg8 said:
pehawk":2rpb6sg8 said:

Someone here claimed to have a source in Cincy, IIRC. Can't remember the poster's name. (Hey, not my fault they made the stuff legal.) :mrgreen:
Duncan's Dad, AKA Traumahawk.

And the dude was insane.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Scottemojo":p5ml6yu7 said:
LymonHawk":p5ml6yu7 said:
pehawk":p5ml6yu7 said:

And the dude was insane.

He was the best. Have you seen his blog? Or the tweet where he used the N word to Marshawn? Truly amazing stuff.

OP
OP
Sac

Sac

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":3ai4szhz said:
Scottemojo":3ai4szhz said:
LymonHawk":3ai4szhz said:
pehawk":3ai4szhz said:

And the dude was insane.

He was the best. Have you seen his blog? Or the tweet where he used the N word to Marshawn? Truly amazing stuff.

Hey, if you can't dazzle them with your brilliance, baffle them with bullsh!t.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
A lot of folks are going to be bent when Lynch leaves. Whether it be next season or ? When it does happen, you better be ready to blow up the whole offense because you sure as hell cant emulate what you have right now without him. How many teams #1 RB is also their #1pass catcher? RB by committee will just be the start of it. I want him to retire a Seahawk as much as anybody, but if it all fell apart tommorrow I will be thankful for having witnessed one of the best pure talents to have ever played the position. Wont be the first or last time I have said that though. Hope there is some mediation on the horizon. And hopefully none of this falls on Wilsons head when he gets paid next year.

Latest posts