The Wagner Uproar is RIDICULOUS

W

Welshers

Let me just say this to all the people and media freaking out about Bobby not finding out he was released from Pete. It was a press leak. Same thing as when Luck's retirement got leaked before he could announce it himself and same with Brady's fake retirement. The news got leaked before Pete could tell him. Being way overblown. Leaks happen and it was a mistake.

If they were really trying to screw Bobby they would have waited until the end of Free Agency to release him after all the other teams had already spent their cap space. Releasing him early was actually very unusually player friendly and done out of respect for him because it gives him the chance to negotiate a great new deal.

Unfair to demonize FO and Pete over this.

Fade

Reaction score
Welshers":ksfj2gnj said:
Let me just say this to all the people and media freaking out about Bobby not finding out he was released from Pete. It was a press leak. Same thing as when Luck's retirement got leaked before he could announced and same with Brady's fake retirement. The news got leaked before Pete could tell him. Being way overblown. Leaks happen and it was a mistake.

If they were really trying to screw Bobby they would have waited until the end of Free Agency to release him after all the other teams had already spent their cap space. Releasing him early was actually very unusually player friendly and done out of respect for him because it gives him the chance to negotiate a great new deal.

Don't need to demonize the FO or Pete. They made their bed, now they have to lay in it.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Welshers":ks582zfi said:
Let me just say this to all the people and media freaking out about Bobby not finding out he was released from Pete. It was a press leak. Same thing as when Luck's retirement got leaked before he could announced and same with Brady's fake retirement. The news got leaked before Pete could tell him. Being way overblown. Leaks happen and it was a mistake.

AMEN Brutha!

Bobby KNEW his release was coming. Everybody knew!

Question: "Pay an older, slower Bobby Wagner 20 Million dollars for 2022? Or, release Bobby Wagner before Free Agency so he can get a jump on finding a new team, and to save $16 million dollars against the cap?

IMHO, Bobby's LUCKY they liked him so much, because $18 million per year was too much for a guy his age, but they paid it to him anyway! The Jets screwed up by paying a LB too much because...well, they're the Jets! And they had a lot of cap space.

Bobby, decided he had to beat that ridiculous amount.

ADD to this, KJ complaining. 3 years ago most people thought that KJ should have been cut because $7 million per year was too much for his production. And it was. But, they liked him, and paid him that money. A year later, because of added players, and a position change, they put him in a position to be more successful, and he wanted to get paid for that! That wasn't him, that was the team around him. But selfishness... so they released him, and he wasn't very good in Las Vegas. But he wanted to take limited cap money from other, more important players, and put it in his pocket.

Players, they forget how well a team has treated them as soon as contract time comes up. Negotiate with the team, do whatever you need to do. But, DO NOT put it out in public as if the team is trying to screw you! That's just sour grapes, and makes the player look childish.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Welshers":27zy5nba said:

Yes, I agree.

The Seahawks were not intentionally not telling Wagner.

There’s always a mole somewhere that leaks the info before PC or JS could tell Wagner.

Wagner knew his time could be up the second Wilson was traded.

Wagner knew Seattle has some young linebackers in place and if they could move the QB, of course, Wagner could be gone as well.

The Seahawks did Wagner a solid by releasing him early so he could test the market himself at the right time.

If anything Wagner should be thanking the Seahawks instead of airing his hurt feelings when he knew exactly what would happen.

When Kam Chancellor got hurt in the Arizona game, was done for the year, couldn’t pass the physical, and was released by Seattle, he didn’t cry about it.

And you can even argue Kam is more loved and more of a fan favorite than Wagner is even though Kam doesn’t have the stats and accolades that Wagner has.

Kam didn’t cry about it.

Elemas

Reaction score
The main issue I see is a lack of integrity within the organization. Yes, we’re in the social media age but, some things need to be closely controlled. Releasing a LEGEND is one of those things.

To me, it’s not really about knowing Bobby was going to be released. It’s the manner in which it leaked.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
GemCity":gaf35byn said:
The main issue I see is a lack of integrity within the organization. Yes, we’re in the social media age but, some things need to be closely controlled. Releasing a LEGEND is one of those things.

To me, it’s not really about knowing Bobby was going to be released. It’s the manner in which it leaked.

Tell me, what was that manner? What do you even know that isn't speculation?

Aircrew

Reaction score
Welshers":222nahul said:

100%.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Fade":35llvqg5 said:
Welshers":35llvqg5 said:

Don't need to demonize the FO or Pete. They made their bed, now they have to lay in it.
Interesting how you say this without providing your reasoning or responding to my points. Care to elaborate on why you believe this?

acer1240

Reaction score
ivotuk":3daw81mc said:
Welshers":3daw81mc said:

AMEN Brutha!

Bobby KNEW his release was coming. Everybody knew!

Question: "Pay an older, slower Bobby Wagner 20 Million dollars for 2022? Or, release Bobby Wagner before Free Agency so he can get a jump on finding a new team, and to save $16 million dollars against the cap?

IMHO, Bobby's LUCKY they liked him so much, because $18 million per year was too much for a guy his age, but they paid it to him anyway! The Jets screwed up by paying a LB too much because...well, they're the Jets! And they had a lot of cap space.

Bobby, decided he had to beat that ridiculous amount.

ADD to this, KJ complaining. 3 years ago most people thought that KJ should have been cut because $7 million per year was too much for his production. And it was. But, they liked him, and paid him that money. A year later, because of added players, and a position change, they put him in a position to be more successful, and he wanted to get paid for that! That wasn't him, that was the team around him. But selfishness... so they released him, and he wasn't very good in Las Vegas. But he wanted to take limited cap money from other, more important players, and put it in his pocket.

Players, they forget how well a team has treated them as soon as contract time comes up. Negotiate with the team, do whatever you need to do. But, DO NOT put it out in public as if the team is trying to screw you! That's just sour grapes, and makes the player look childish.

My gawd! That's Mike Sando's music!

Wise and well thought out my man. I'd tip my hat to you if I wore one.

Thanks for all the links, by the way. I'd forget about El hombre if you didn't remind me. He's the best interview in sports.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
GemCity":1ri5fz66 said:

What lack of integrity are you talking about?

The Hawk's front office is one of the most respected in the league, by players and other GM's and coaches.

It is confusing that Pete and/or John wouldn't have called to speak with Bobby before the leak got out. But it's also not like they told the press to release the story either.

Bobby knew he was getting released, it's a shame he decided to take a shot at the team on the way out. I get it, it probably hurts. But if he's being honest with himself, he probably should have been cut last year.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Whatever dude.

A guy like Bobby who has done everything right and even-keeled through an S-LOAD of drama in his time here while playing at the highest level is deserving of more than finding out he's done via Twitter.

There's zero excuse. Doesn't matter how or why it happened. It's classless. Doesn't matter if it was the likely scenario. All the more reason it should have been premeditated and handled appropriately.

acer1240

Reaction score
Hawknballs":54eb0kxa said:
Whatever dude.

A guy like Bobby who has done everything right and even-keeled through an S-LOAD of drama in his time here while playing at the highest level is deserving of more than finding out he's done via Twitter.

There's zero excuse. Doesn't matter how or why it happened. It's classless. Doesn't matter if it was the likely scenario. All the more reason it should have been premeditated and handled appropriately.

Quit being a drama queen.

It was a media leak.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
acer1240":17qfsl2e said:
Hawknballs":17qfsl2e said:
Whatever dude.

Quit being a drama queen.

It was a media leak.

It doesn't matter why.

Quit being a clown.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Are you really this sensitive? Bobby didn't need to say what he said, and the Hawks clearly should have been more up front. Get over it man, geez.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
What about this makes me sound "sensitive"?

The man deserves respect and finding out he's canned on twitter is not that.

You're the ones WHINING about the fallout from it, so maybe you need to go find a safe space.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
LOL, so everything you discuss on a football forum has to impact your life?

How does it impact YOUR life? I mean you're here discussing it also, aren't you chief?

Christ. Some people's children.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Before this thread gets shacked from all of your chest pounding, I'll just step in and say the team could've handled it better, and Wagner didn't need to send that last tweet.

Sort of hard feelings that will smooth over after some time. It seems like a lot of our favorite players leave on some sort of a sour note. It's really too bad.

Hopefully the front office learned from this boo boo and both parties can move on. Bobby will be accepted into the Ring of Honor and will be a Seahawks Hall of Famer when it's all said and done.

Now can we all just get along?

Latest posts