There are no Front Office Leaks

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":23t7wi6i said:
LymonHawk":23t7wi6i said:
pehawk":23t7wi6i said:
Thanks LymonHawk, but I still feel like I'm missing something. Someone on this site maybe acted in the know? Wasn't there the franchise QB. conversation and a phone being slammed?

I've never once thought any of these sources were anything other than Pete or JS disciples.

Someone here claimed to have a source in Cincy, IIRC. Can't remember the poster's name. (Hey, not my fault they made the stuff legal.) :mrgreen:
Duncan's Dad, AKA Traumahawk.

And the dude was insane.

Dramahawk!! Even Riley12 hated that guy...and Riley is mister mellow.

Rob12

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":2m6wotq9 said:
All of this business about anonymous sources is bunk. Look at it this way.

The Percy Harvin trade was a big deal. A really big deal. How much did "sources" leak to the media about the discontent in the locker room and Harvin's attitude before the trade? Zip. Nothing. Zilch. And now we're to believe that Silver, Rappaport etc have people in the front office feeding them information about Lynch? I call bs. What would that help? Not a damn thing.

"Sources" say the team is fed up with Lynch's antics, not showing up the White House.

"Sources" say this is Lynch's last year in Seattle.

Well, I have "sources" too. And my sources say that these media folks are full of ish. They have no real sources, they have conjecture. They think Lynch's cap number is too high next year so they report that "sources" say he will be gone, they think the front office should be upset with Lynch's attitude. They have no real information, and they have no journalistic integrity.

I agree.

How easy it to crap out a bunk story and then hide behind "unnamed sources?" When I watch the Seahawks, I see Lynch playing with maximum effort and dominating. He stayed on the sidelines during the KC game to get treatment in the elements and I think there is logic in that. But the media wants to paint a different portrait.

There's very little I trust these days, and that also steps outside the realm of sports "reporting" and "journalism."

Rob12

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2nemga3j said:
SacHawk2.0":2nemga3j said:
All of this business about anonymous sources is bunk. Look at it this way.

The Percy Harvin trade was a big deal. A really big deal. How much did "sources" leak to the media about the discontent in the locker room and Harvin's attitude before the trade? Zip. Nothing. Zilch. And now we're to believe that Silver, Rappaport etc have people in the front office feeding them information about Lynch? I call bs. What would that help? Not a damn thing.

"Sources" say the team is fed up with Lynch's antics, not showing up the White House.

"Sources" say this is Lynch's last year in Seattle.

Well, I have "sources" too. And my sources say that these media folks are full of ish. They have no real sources, they have conjecture. They think Lynch's cap number is too high next year so they report that "sources" say he will be gone, they think the front office should be upset with Lynch's attitude. They have no real information, and they have no journalistic integrity.

No offense, but this post sounds like classic fan wishful thinking.

Clearly Chris Mortensen has plenty of sources. Ian Rapoport works for the NFL and they make sure he's connected.

And most importantly, not ONE person in Seattle has denied the report and said Lynch will be back. It'd be that simple. And nobody has said it.

But they also haven't came out and said that Russell Wilson will be back, either. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Seahawks don't make a habit of coming out and saying what their future plans in player negotiations will be. I don't think it's just wishful thinking. And IF the media is making stuff up, why dignify the BS with a response at all? They have games to win. Why get caught up in the media's circus?

Maybe the leaks are real, and maybe it's just some of us not wanting to believe them. But I also think with how Lynch has treated the media over the years, they'll take something minor and try and expand it out of spite.

Rob12

Reaction score
SonicHawk":20fnr51x said:
Nothing is wrong with the Hawks... EVER.

I literally see no one saying this. Many of us are just not willing to give full clout to every report of disarray that comes out of the media's mouth.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3k37qlkz said:
Well, seems like this year people would rather stress the negative more than anything.

That's how sports works.

Win and no one inside or outside the organization cares about players fighting, who's unhappy with their contract, who missed the team meeting, who has a quirky personality, who doesn't like who, who's not happy with their depth positions.

Because when you're winning, people put aside their issues for the betterment of the team. When you're losing? Then the floodgates open up wide..........as we're seeing in supposedly the most tight knit locker room EVER as we were told all last year.

Remember? Oh man, Pete's a psychological coaching genius! Players love his style and how he let's them be them! Nothing like a little losing to reveal a couple cracks.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Rob12":2yn9jax3 said:
But they also haven't came out and said that Russell Wilson will be back, either. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Seahawks don't make a habit of coming out and saying what their future plans in player negotiations will be. I don't think it's just wishful thinking. And IF the media is making stuff up, why dignify the BS with a response at all? They have games to win. Why get caught up in the media's circus?

Maybe the leaks are real, and maybe it's just some of us not wanting to believe them. But I also think with how Lynch has treated the media over the years, they'll take something minor and try and expand it out of spite.

Why would they say anything about Wilson coming back? His cap hit next season is £953,000, he's a franchise QB, there aren't any media reports about him being a problem. Everyone expects him not only to be back, but to get a huge extension.

The reason they'd have to deny Lynch is on the way out is because there's endless media speculation saying so. There's a reason to deny it, a justification. They could nip this entire story in the bud by going, "HE ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE, NONE OF THIS IS TRUE". And they haven't. They haven't. And the silence speaks volumes.

kearly

Reaction score
Regarding the Palmer trade, it was a rumor about a deal that was on the table during the NFL lockout. They very well might have had a deal in place in March that fell apart by early August. Trades are notorious for falling apart during discussions. Knowing what Pete likes in a QB (vet QB with deep ball ability), add to that his ties to USC, and the fact that for a moment, Palmer appeared to be a buy low candidate, the rumor was, at minimum, highly believable. That's not to say it's true, or a reputable rumor. But believable, sure.

pehawk":328muu03 said:
IMO, the Seahawks and particularly JS, use the media all the time.

If you notice any insider, PFT, you name it, always has glowing things to say about this regime AND seemingly spews exactly what the Seahawks want us to hear. Don't kid yourself, that's a rare thing to say. Be it Irvin was going to be taken by the Jets, to Percy trade damage control, the Hawks use the media to spin their narrative.

I believe that there is a "source" leaking this to the media, that it is a Seahawks exec, and the goal is clear. That goal being get ahead of the PR nightmare that is Lynch being cut. I think any true, true NFL junkie, that cant get enough of ANY NFL news/data, can see it fairly easily. It's pretty evident JS has a very good and open relationship with all the NFL big hitting insiders/press.

Four insiders went out of their way to shoehorn a "JS was VERY open about Percy to other teams, he was very honest" into random conversations. I'm sure!!?? It's pretty clear.

This is politics 101, ladies.

It does kind of feel like that doesn't it? Then you have the "loose lips sinks ships" info from Aros, and that might just be JS pretending the leaks are accidental.

JS did have some legit info leak out from 2010-2012, but since 2013 the only info that's leaked and proven true was info that benefited the FO from a PR perspective.

A

Anonymous

kearly":2z9pogil said:
Regarding the Palmer trade, it was a rumor about a deal that was on the table during the NFL lockout. They very well might have had a deal in place in March that fell apart by early August. Trades are notorious for falling apart during discussions. Knowing what Pete likes in a QB (vet QB with deep ball ability), add to that his ties to USC, and the fact that for a moment, Palmer appeared to be a buy low candidate, the rumor was, at minimum, highly believable.

pehawk":2z9pogil said:
IMO, the Seahawks and particularly JS, use the media all the time.

If you notice any insider, PFT, you name it, always has glowing things to say about this regime AND seemingly spews exactly what the Seahawks want us to hear. Don't kid yourself, that's a rare thing to say. Be it Irvin was going to be taken by the Jets, to Percy trade damage control, the Hawks use the media to spin their narrative.

I believe that there is a "source" leaking this to the media, that it is a Seahawks exec, and the goal is clear. That goal being get ahead of the PR nightmare that is Lynch being cut. I think any true, true NFL junkie, that cant get enough of ANY NFL news/data, can see it fairly easily. It's pretty evident JS has a very good and open relationship with all the NFL big hitting insiders/press.

Four insiders went out of their way to shoehorn a "JS was VERY open about Percy to other teams, he was very honest" into random conversations. I'm sure!!?? It's pretty clear.

This is politics 101, ladies.

It does kind of feel like that doesn't it? Then you have the "loose lips sinks ships" info from Aros, and that might just be JS pretending the leaks are accidental.

JS did have some legit info leak out from 2010-2012, but since 2013 the only info that's leaked and proven true was info that benefited the FO from a PR perspective.

C'mon, Kip, even the "ladies" part? :mrgreen:

Latest posts