The Wagner Uproar is RIDICULOUS

scutterhawk

Reaction score
GemCity":1e3u90af said:
The main issue I see is a lack of integrity within the organization. Yes, we’re in the social media age but, some things need to be closely controlled. Releasing a LEGEND is one of those things.

To me, it’s not really about knowing Bobby was going to be released. It’s the manner in which it leaked.

And a leak by some A-whole is not a slight on Pete nor John.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1iwe0ohw said:
Whatever dude.

A guy like Bobby who has done everything right and even-keeled through an S-LOAD of drama in his time here while playing at the highest level is deserving of more than finding out he's done via Twitter.

There's zero excuse. Doesn't matter how or why it happened. It's classless. Doesn't matter if it was the likely scenario. All the more reason it should have been premeditated and handled appropriately.
I agree, it was a "Classless" SOB that leaked the damned story BEFORE Pete could talk to him, P-E-R-I-O-D.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Maybe next time tell Bobby before you tell the media?

I mean I know communicating is really hard nowadays but that's the thing about respect, it demands a little effort. It demands you do thins a little differently.

And this idea that saying so is about 'hurt feels' or 'sensitivity' is moot. It's not about feelings it's simply about the right way to handle your business, and ensure your words retain their integrity in the future.

Mizak

Reaction score
He might be signing with the Cowboys.

:barf

Rat

Reaction score
Not the best look for the front office, but I don't exactly see this as some dark cloud floating over the franchise for the foreseeable future. It will blow over by the end of the month.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3j3i6b89 said:
Maybe next time tell Bobby before you tell the media?

I mean I know communicating is really hard nowadays but that's the thing about respect, it demands a little effort. It demands you do thins a little differently.

And this idea that saying so is about 'hurt feels' or 'sensitivity' is moot. It's not about feelings it's simply about the right way to handle your business, and ensure your words retain their integrity in the future.

Heysus Christ H&B, are you thinking that Pete should have informed Bobby that he was being let go BEORE letting out the news of the Russell Wilson trade?...because that's very likely the ONLY way someone doesn't get out in front of Pete to BLAB it out the on the social media. :141847_bnono:

Hyak

Reaction score
The moment the Russell trade was announced, everybody with a brain knew Wagner was next. He's slowed down and is nowhere near a 20 M/year player. In fact, they probably never should have done the last contract,

Torc

Reaction score
The interesting thing to me is that the original report from Adam Schefter was "Seahawks informed eight-time All-Pro and Pro-Bowl LB Bobby Wagner, a franchise icon, that they are releasing him, per source."

Not "the seahawks released", but "the Seahawks informed Bobby".

Bobby has always been all about class; I doubt he is lying. But a ball sure got dropped somewhere. (And he represents himself, so it wasn't like they informed his agent and he hadn't been told yet.)