"They wrote me off, but I ain't write back"

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
I'm as happy as anyone about the win......at the end of the day a "W" is a "W"........its just that, for me, realistically, if we had lost like that....I'd say we beat ourselves. On many occasions we were truly one play away from losing. Is that how we are built to play and win? IMHO thats not good football.
If this way of winning has been hard for you, then where have you been since Pete Carroll arrived in Seattle? If playing "good football" is more important than winning I suggest looking for another team that matches whatever you deem as "good football."

The Seahawks will be in these types of close games more often than not as long as Pete Carroll is in charge. Win or lose, the fun is only beginning.

samwize77

Reaction score
If this way of winning has been hard for you, then where have you been since Pete Carroll arrived in Seattle? If playing "good football" is more important than winning I suggest looking for another team that matches whatever you deem as "good football."

The Seahawks will be in these types of close games more often than not as long as Pete Carroll is in charge. Win or lose, the fun is only beginning.
I get where you are coming from..........if you enjoy close games..well, enjoy. Again LLA, I'll take the win....I see a lucky win though. Winning by luck is not in my gameplan though......I was/am super impressed with the intensity of the team/fans.....I felt Geno held up well........Barton was a pretty impressive......
But you do not plan on them fumbling twice on the goal line..we all HOPE they do...but planning on it and hoping for it, isn't good football. A single field goal, much less a touchdown would have changed the dynamics completely. And how do you plan or hope their coaching staff makes a stupid time management mistake like that?....I've never seen anything quite like that.
So we both can enjoy the win ..........and on to next week........

Fade

Reaction score
Congrats to Geno for playing the half of his life. Good for him.

The 2nd half he was back to the old Geno, though. And we're going to see more of that going forward than what he displayed in the 1st half.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
I'm as happy as anyone about the win......at the end of the day a "W" is a "W"........its just that, for me, realistically, if we had lost like that....I'd say we beat ourselves. On many occasions we were truly one play away from losing. Is that how we are built to play and win? IMHO thats not good football.
It's the NFL. 90% of the games are decided by 1 or 2 plays no matter the team's records. People need to start figuring this stuff out. Trust me, the game of football is much more enjoyable to watch if you accept this reality. The name of the game is get the W. There's only 53 guys suited up every Sunday. Guys get hurt and miss plays, quarters, halves, games, and seasons. You almost never have your desired 22 suited up at the same time. You do whatever you have to, to win that day and figure the next week out when it comes. Hopefully fixing correctable things along the way.

Enjoy the journey

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
I get where you are coming from..........if you enjoy close games..well, enjoy. Again LLA, I'll take the win....I see a lucky win though. Winning by luck is not in my gameplan though......I was/am super impressed with the intensity of the team/fans.....I felt Geno held up well........Barton was a pretty impressive......
But you do not plan on them fumbling twice on the goal line..we all HOPE they do...but planning on it and hoping for it, isn't good football. A single field goal, much less a touchdown would have changed the dynamics completely. And how do you plan or hope their coaching staff makes a stupid time management mistake like that?....I've never seen anything quite like that.
You can't subscribe luck to plays that goes Seattle's way and not to the plays that go Denver's way. Do you have an algorithm that takes all these plays that should or shouldn't have happened and spits out a winner in Luck ledger?

Both teams in every game make mistakes. The better teams make less of them are better at taking advantage of their opponents mistakes. Simple as that

balakoth

Reaction score
I'm not sure you really have ANY idea what you are talking about

Also, paragraphs work better then ..... after .... making..... a point.... that... didn't stick...... FYI

Fade

Reaction score
It was lucky in the sense that, got out gained by 180 yards, banking on 2 goaline fumbles which hasn't happened since the 1980's with scab players. Geno playing the Half of his life, Rookie HC bumbling the game, you take the win any way you can get it. But these are not repeatable factors you can hang your hat on for future games.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I mean it’s not like the Broncos ran off like 20 minutes of the 2nd half for 3 points with the Seahawks deciding to win on their lead with pure grit.

Give Geno a stronger, more consistent more explosive run game. D-Lew and K9 coming back. Rookies tackles getting those reps in. Offensive Line galvanizing together more, I bet he could do that all day. It wasn’t like he was spinning magic and throwing fire in the most intricate formations of Waldron’s scheme. He stayed within his confines and did all the little things right for the most part.

schkoot

Reaction score
It was lucky in the sense that, got out gained by 180 yards, banking on 2 goaline fumbles which hasn't happened since the 1980's with scab players. Geno playing the Half of his life, Rookie HC bumbling the game, you take the win any way you can get it. But these are not repeatable factors you can hang your hat on for future games.
It's OK to factor in the two forced fumbles into the equation of how the game might have gone.

I get it. It seems like bad luck for the Broncos on what should have come out as a 6 point minimum point swing.

What's weird to me is that few people saying RW "should" have come away with a W factor the two missed picks, and almost NO ONE is talking about the DK strip fumble on what was a decent drive by Geno late in the 3rd quarter.
If the Denver fumbles would have changed the outcome, then the DK fumble not happening might have put the score further out of reach.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
It's OK to factor in the two forced fumbles into the equation of how the game might have gone.

I get it. It seems like bad luck for the Broncos on what should have come out as a 6 point minimum point swing.

What's weird to me is that few people saying RW "should" have come away with a W factor the two missed picks, and almost NO ONE is talking about the DK strip fumble on what was a decent drive by Geno late in the 3rd quarter.
If the Denver fumbles would have changed the outcome, then the DK fumble not happening might have put the score further out of reach.
It's called cherry picking to support an (incorrect) point.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
But the truth is the factors are repeatable. This is why the 49er fans believe something supernatural is involved in the games against the Seahawks. The Seahawks over Pete's tenure have won many games that have been discounted as lucky, fluky, and on plays never seen before.

Given the track record of the Seahawks over this time, I am much more confident in expecting more of the same than the converse.

The Seahawks are built with a mindset to allow for taking advantage of and creating the inevitable opportunities that resulted in two fumble recoveries at the goal line on Monday. It's all about the ball. I think you simply haven't read the memo for how successful football teams create sustained success.

The myopic focus on individual moments in the complexity that is the NFL has lead you and your brethren to repeat a narrative that actually never fit. You can shift your narrative to fit the reality or you can continue the drone of negativity which becomes evermore ridiculous given the successes that are here and always have been.

FloridaSeahawk18

Reaction score
Is the missed punt block luck too?
The two missed interceptions?
Blatant missed holding calls on both their tackles?
Jeudy's TD which easily is a Interception with Wilsons underthrow - once Coby gets more experience.

These are the Broncos being an elite team though I'm guessing because these didn't happen. Seems like the Seahawks create a spew of opportunities and eventually one of these "lucky" opportunities hit. Maybe Pete is better coach than you think he is?

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Man Fade, would it hurt you to just admit you may have been wrong about Geno? It's ok, we ALL get our predictions wrong. The guy was surprisingly good and looks like he's going to be above average. I'll take it. And I'm VERY glad about hopefully being wrong about the guy all year.

And it's funny how when the Hawks WIN a game, people come out of the woodwork to say it was "lucky"
Yet more obsession with DOWNPLAYING a WIN. What the? Denver also got a sh** ton of breaks. Period. The Hawks made the plays to win. Period.