They're still our boys

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Why is it that every time the team loses, a bunch of people have to tell you they are still in? Just kidding, I get it. It's amazing how many people jump ship. Shoot, 2 of their 3 losses are in overtime, on the road. They have been in every single game, behind a swiss cheese line and w/out Beast for 2 and half games.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
storm74":rrx4vdlv said:
Wouldn't trade my team for the world. But the coaching staff is not utilizing talent and there is nothing more maddening.
BINGO!

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1ylvuh7l said:
storm74":1ylvuh7l said:
Wouldn't trade my team for the world. But the coaching staff is not utilizing talent and there is nothing more maddening.
BINGO!

Let me help you here, cutting though this 37 rederick. Our coaching staff has gotton us to the promise land two years in a row now, teams do pick up on certain tenancies though film studies, which THEY can handle. But, its up to the players to excute the plays they call.

"The 3 D's" Desire, Discipline and Determination. Equals motivation.

Its not a play calling thing here, its more of a motivational thing.
Big money the players are getting muddies the water, it will take time for them to figure it out. Time,..... just time.
Cheers

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Chawker":20cfeqkd said:
Sports Hernia":20cfeqkd said:
storm74":20cfeqkd said:
BINGO!

Big money the players are getting muddies the water, it will take time for them to figure it out. Time,..... just time.
Cheers

I strongly disagree.. play-calling is a big part of the problem. The offense is way too predictable

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2n5ku2af said:
Chawker":2n5ku2af said:
Sports Hernia":2n5ku2af said:
storm74":2n5ku2af said:
BINGO!

Cheers

I strongly disagree.. play-calling is a big part of the problem. The offense is way too predictable

Yep. Bevell also designs the plays, which are terrible as well.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I agree with Chawker. Our play calling was solid enough to reach the Super Bowl the last 2 years and those 2 are not mutually exclusive. This "defenses know what's coming" nitpick is just the latest buzzphrase for the anti-Bevell crowd. First you hear the guy is too "cute" (another buzzword) and now his schemes are way to simple. As Ive said before, the OC position is just a shiny scapegoat when we're coming off a loss, a target for the whining. I'll entrust the X's and O's to someone who's reached the pinnacle of his field the last 2 years

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
I will always be in.
Anyone that isn't, and has season tickets, please PM me and sell me your tickets.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2f8apzt1 said:
Why is it that every time the team loses, a bunch of people have to tell you they are still in?

Well, I usually answer that question because she asks me. :oops:

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3ui11v7u said:
I agree with Hawker. Our play calling was solid enough to reach the Super Bowl the last 2 years and those 2 are not mutually exclusive. This "defenses know what's coming" nitpick is just the latest buzzphrase for the anti-Bevell crowd. First you hear the guy is too "cute" (another buzzword) and now his schemes are way to simple. As Ive said before, the OC position is just a shiny scapegoat when we're coming off a loss, a target for the whining. I'll entrust the X's and O's to someone who's reached the pinnacle of his field the last 2 years

Well they don't look the same as the last 2 years so what's the excuse for that. Blind faith is lazy. You don't think the coaches are being crital right now. I'd love to see Darell Bevell tell PC 'hey I've been the OC of 2 teams that went to the SB, don't pick on me.' Whether DB is being " to cute" or " to simple" the opposing defenses are kicking our ass.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3ubhx4xb said:
Siouxhawk":3ubhx4xb said:
I agree with Hawker. Our play calling was solid enough to reach the Super Bowl the last 2 years and those 2 are not mutually exclusive. This "defenses know what's coming" nitpick is just the latest buzzphrase for the anti-Bevell crowd. First you hear the guy is too "cute" (another buzzword) and now his schemes are way to simple. As Ive said before, the OC position is just a shiny scapegoat when we're coming off a loss, a target for the whining. I'll entrust the X's and O's to someone who's reached the pinnacle of his field the last 2 years

Well they don't look the same as the last 2 years so what's the excuse for that. Blind faith is lazy. You don't think the coaches are being crital right now. I'd love to see Darell Bevell tell PC 'hey I've been the OC of 2 teams that went to the SB, don't pick on me.' Whether DB is being " to cute" or " to simple" the opposing defenses are kicking our ass.
It's not blind faith, but rather a reassurance that the guy knows what he's doing after helping our team reach the last two Super Bowls. And Pete knows that. It's an evolution and they realize that. The Beast will be back this week, the line is showing progress and a favorable schedule lies on the horizon. I'm not panicking one bit.

pmedic920

Reaction score
IMHO, the thing that is important to remember is this.
There are many different types of fans.
It's just the nature of the beast.
There are fans that root for a team no matter what, i.e. Players, coaches, win loss record.
There are fans that root for a team because of a certain player, if that player moves they move.
There are fans that root for a team because they are winning and its "cool".
There are other reasons that people are fans as well.
Some people are Seahawk fans for no other reason than P.A. is the owner, or P.C. is the coach.
I've been a Seahawk fan since the day my mother and I heard the news that Washington was getting an NFL team (we didn't even know yet, what the team would be named).
My reasons for being a Seahawk fan may not be the same as the guy sitting next to me, but he is a Seahawks fan, and I'm no better "fan" than he is.

YES, they are still our boys and IMHO the more "fans" the better, and anybody that worries about why somebody is a "fan", is wasting their time, worrying.

GoHawks:{)

kf3339

Reaction score
I grew up in Washington when there was no NFL team. I had to root for other NFL teams each year. They ended up being the Raiders and the Cowboys. Mostly though because they were the teams I saw the most on TV.

The Hawks were pretty much just starting as a franchise when I moved out of state for college. Then I moved to Dallas for a job after graduating and then to Los Angeles for a career move. I have been here ever since. I started rooting for the Hawks as "MY" team in the early 80's and have been a fan since that time.

I don't intend to be a fan of any other team and gladly own Seahawk gear and merchandise as a testimate to my faith in the Hawks. I know some may think I'm being too critical of the team, or down on the current coaching staff. In some ways that is very true. I see things which to my eyes are problematic and post those concerns.

That doesn't mean I'm not still a major fan win or lose. It just means I want the best for the team and can't stand when I see ineptitude on the part of some in our coaching staff that aren't doing their fair share to allow the players the best chance to win.

I hope we are turning the corner and can start a serious win streak like last year. But even if that doesn't happen they are still my team win. lose or draw.

:thirishdrinkers: