this far into the week how is your confidence level

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I'm just nervous about a scenario in which we find ourselves down by 10 points or something. I know this team can usually hold a lead. I'm not sure I think the offense can overcome a 2 score deficit against an elite defense like the 49ers. I do believe in momentum and I do believe the 49ers have more of it right now. They are playing good football.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
With Percy Harvin playing, I am 100% confident we win the game, and it aint even close.

Without Percy Harvin I am 100% confident we win the game.

Anyone giving a "Meh" type response to Percy needs to go watch all of the snaps he played in on NFL Rewind in coaches film mode. Draw all the conclusions you want from the film, but please use something other than your opinion, on his value to the team when he is lined up on the field.

2_0_6

Reaction score
CallMeADawg":l8f40qkb said:
With Percy Harvin playing, I am 100% confident we win the game, and it aint even close.

Anyone giving a "Meh" type response to Percy needs to go watch all of the snaps he played in on NFL Rewind in coaches film mode. Draw all the conclusions you want from the film, but please use something other than your opinion, on his value to the team when he is lined up on the field.

Ill take your post as a jab to my "MEH" comment.

Im not saying he doesn't help throw a wrinkle in the opposing D's plan, but in order for him to be a factor he needs to play a FULL 60.

tdlabrie

Reaction score
The "analytical" part of my brain is confident we win -- better team in general, our house, yada, yada. BUT . . . The
"Any Given Sunday" part of my brain is nervous as hell! :34853_doh:

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":1nt60e8m said:
CallMeADawg":1nt60e8m said:

Ill take your post as a jab to my "MEH" comment.

Im not saying he doesn't help throw a wrinkle in the opposing D's plan, but in order for him to be a factor he needs to play a FULL 60.

Not a jab, your example was more recent, so I used that. Sorry if you felt I was being chippy.

I completely agree about him playing more in the game, and that a full 60 of Harvin would be divine. At the same time, I do want to point out that he was a factor (a big one) in the lead we took into halftime against the Saints. A lead we never relinquished.

Give me 4 quarters of that. Yes please. :)

Weadoption

Reaction score
This game should be close with either team having a legit shot, no matter how you parse past/present performance.
I just hope the game doesnt end in controversy.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Two really good teams in a very important game. Gonna be physical, and probably downright violent at times.

Thank god it's at the Clink. I know this team can pull it off.

Confident, but man I'm just an anxious excited mess right now.

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
Very confident if we capitalize on their mistakes which I think we will.
Cant have DBS dropping easy interceptions like we did last week.
Also, I think boldin is a great wr. Play physical, knock him around. We did it in our first game against them, lets do it again

ceej22

Reaction score
My first thought when 9ers won last week was "Good now know one can say we aren't the best team in the NFC". I believe the Seahawks are the best team in the NFL period. Every team has their weakness and right now ours is on offense. Whether it's the players not executing, Bevell calling bad game, or Carroll wanting to stay conservative NO ONE plans to come out of the half with 2 minute drives. However, I believe the offense is playing well enough and makes the plays when needed to get the win considering that our defense is playing some of their best ball yet and our special teams is money as well. SF is also playing great but I still think we hold the advantage. If it were in SF I'd be more concerned especially if we just had to make 2 long trips.

The only thing that has changed over the course of the weak is how I'd feel if 9ers come out on top. I first thought i'd be devastated and would give up on any championship hopes ever. Now although I would be disappointed I realize how young this team is and our window does not close this year. Not only that if we can't beat them in our house then we don't deserve it.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Pretty much the same as I've been all week. I just don't see any path to a Niners win that doesn't involve either lopsided officiating in their favor or any-given-Sunday style fluke plays. Seahawks are flat-out better (maybe not by much, but definitely better) and playing at home. And if they get the respect from officials that is customarily afforded the home team (i.e. not what Carolina got) it's going to be party time from midway through the third quarter all the way to New Jersey.