this far into the week how is your confidence level

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
I remember last week as soon as it was clear it was the Saint's we'd be playing I got nervous thinking it could be a perfect storm for an upset. But as the week went on I started getting more and more confident as a combination of seeing the Hawks interviews and kinda feeding off their confidence/energy. That and the fact that a good majority of Saints fans were hoping it'd be a close game at very leat but most expected the Hawks to win.
So now this week. Niners.
Started the week CRAZY NERVOUS. Just the thought of them hoisting the NFC trophy in our house...MOVING PAST THAT THOUGHT.
One game til the superbowl.
At OUR HOUSE
Against the team that consistently plays us the toughest.
I don't know why...but as good as our team is, I keep having a feeling that what's going to put us over the edge for the win is the 12th man having the teams back. I know it sounds cliché. ...but it's a strong feeling that the team will feed off that energy and the niners will feel overwhelmed with it all at one point.

SO how's your all feelings/confidence so far?

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Right where it needs to be.

We should all have faith in our team.

Let's do this.

gulliver

Reaction score
None of this guarantees a win, but...

Our guys will have no problem getting up for this. They don't get up for ANYBODY like they get up for the Niners, and in our house. And how much more for the NFCCG?

Niners don't always play us tough--in fact, it's been awhile since they gave us a challenge in our own house. The Rams typically play us toughest.

Tickets are being restricted to locals, so the 12th man effect will be even greater.

The referee assignments are favorable to our defense, and they should let us play.

Even on offense, we have a history of getting up for the biggest games: Niners 2012, Niners 2013, Saints 2013. I expect us to have a good gameplan all around.

I expect the defense to bring it. If we still lose, we need to have a serious look--as in shuffling the deck of coaches and players--at the offense. I don't buy any of the pollyanna BS I've been reading here all week, BUT I'm confident we string something together for THE big one this weekend.

CD_Hawks

Reaction score
As soon as the Niners won last week my first thought was oh no we are in trouble. But as game time nears, I'm feeling more and more like we are going to witness something special. I have been a Hawks fan since before Curt Warner was drafted and i have gotten my hopes up for a many a games, just to come crashing back to earth with a thud. This is going to be the year and i can't explain to you why i feel this way.

Just think about it. How special would our first ever Superbowl trophy be going 13-3 winning the toughest division in the NFL all the while dealing with injury's and suspensions. Then beating one of footballs storied franchises the 49ers with all their history and their 12-4 record in the NFCCG. Just in case that's not enough we will have to beat either Manning or Brady (two of the best ever) to finally get what we've all been waiting for all these years. We win this and we can be proud as any Superbowl winner ever, we will have earned it. No cupcake Superbowl here and that's just how i want my our first one to be.

I'm all in - Leave no doubt - Go Hawks!

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Gaining in confidence as the week progresses. So far this has been a loooooong week. Had a dram last night that I slept all the way to game day. Can't get here soon enough.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Feeling very confident.

The reports from VMAC that the team is their typical selves... loose and focused... are encouraging and supporting my confidence.

Pete's approach to play each and every game like it's a championship game will pay dividends.

It has thus far.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Pretty confident, cardinals game aside we don't lose at home. Everyone is letting the medias overblown niner hype get to them. Lets not forget a few things. . . The packers D is bad and SF struggled against them in the red zone and barely beat them. Carolina dropped 3 easy ints and played miserably and predictably in the red zone. And not many games ago SF needed a late int at home to keep from losing to the crappy falcons in SF for the final game at the stick with their playoff hopes possibly at stake.

conversely Seattle is playing a consistently conservative game to control the clock and limit mistakes which will be key in this matchup. SF will have limited red zone opportunities and no doubt we will end one of them with a critical pick.

AVL

Reaction score
Extremely high, as in all home games. I feel we can keep them off their best game and beat them with average production.

Of course I want much more than that. I want the "What's wrong with Wilson?" crowd to damn near bite their tongues off.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I'm not as confident as some. I think the Vegas spread (3.5ish) is right on the money.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I waver between supreme confidence and nervousness. I really believe there's no way we don't win this game but stranger things have happened.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
nanomoz":2cluuf4s said:
I'm not as confident as some. I think the Vegas spread (3.5ish) is right on the money.

I'm with you here, and I'm more like 50/50. I'll feel better if Percy can play.

TJH

Reaction score
4/10 with this garbage passing game. 49ers are a lot better this time around as opposed to early in the season. I would be 9/10 if we actually could throw the ball better than a high school offense.

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
I'm nervous, but I don't see San Fran coming out and surprising anyone. Often, games like this are set up where the underdog (if anyone could call SF that at this point) winds up "stunning" the favorite or the home team by doing something miraculous and crazy ... think the way the Giants D stepped up and Eli got hot en route to Super Bowl XLI. I don't see 49ers doing that. I'm not saying they can't win, but I don't see them taking control of this game while Fox shows close-ups of depressed and horrified Seahawks watching helplessly from the sidelines.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Aros":23chkaz8 said:
I waver between supreme confidence and nervousness. I really believe there's no way we don't win this game but stranger things have happened.

This

2_0_6

Reaction score
nanomoz":299t9xn6 said:

This.

If KJ can play, my confidence increases quite a bit.

Harvin?? MEh.

Latest posts