This is embarrassing

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Doesn't matter even a little bit. It was just jumping to conclusions, as usual. No way in hell anyone in that locker room was satisfied with just winning that game.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
We lost the statistical battle by nearly every measure, total yards, first downs, TOP then won it on two plays that were almost completely out of our control. You can call it what you want, but in my book, that's plenty of justification to call yesterday's win a gift.

And keep in mind that my comments were in reaction to players/coaches lighting up cigars in the locker room when they probably should have been on their knees thanking their Creator.
Arizona didn't finish. Plain as can be. Games aren't over until they are over. That isn't a gift at all. They didn't execute the kick well. From the replay it looked like two Seahawks may have caused him to alter his kick angle just enough.

As for the cigars, looks like the media got that one horribly wrong as well. Crappy takes from them and "fans" all around.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep. Everything Sucks. The Hawks only win because the other team blows it. Blah blah.
An average team finished 9-8, not surprised at all. Some good and a lot of bad. Time for some changes.
Again, people seeming mad that they won, in a roundabout way, is just odd, TO ME.
Just my opinion, but they were going to get slaughtered in the playoffs. Missing the playoffs sucks, but I can't see THIS team doing much of anything. Not until they can actually stop the run and/or tackle.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Yep. Everything Sucks. The Hawks only win because the other team blows it. Blah blah.
An average team finished 9-8, not surprised at all. Some good and a lot of bad. Time for some changes.
Again, people seeming mad that they won, in a roundabout way, is just odd, TO ME.
They were going to get slaughtered in the playoffs. Missing the playoffs suck, but I can't see THIS team doing much of anything. Not until they can actually stop the run and/or tackle.
It's the curmudgeon syndrome that has infected this place deeply. Some of them tried bringing that crap into the husky discussion as well, which is blasphemous.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep. I absolutely see both sides, I'm fed up and frustrated. Just not the point of kicking puppies and knocking old ladies over crossing the street.

Hotchy

Reaction score
It's not even that to me. It's like... what are you talking about? This is the last game of the season. They KNEW that before they won. They still executed a crazy drive and beat a division rival on their way out the door.

These guys are still real people who, some of whom, are never going to step foot into a Seattle locker room again. Some of these guys are never going to step foot onto an NFL field again. Any coach who lets his team sit in the back and stew and be depressed heading home from this victory is a crappy coach and a worse human being.
What are you, 12 years old? Of course the current roster doesn't give 2 shits about the draft order. They're trying to win AND audition for a job, here or elsewhere. And have you ever played sports? You set goals. The Seahawks did not reach their goal, period. Why would they celebrate not reaching goals? You need to go put your participation trophies in the attic, or better yet the dump.

RiverDog

Reaction score
As usual, jumping to conclusions. The cigars were for Love's kid being born. If you think anyone in that locker room was "celebrating" and not pissed off about missing playoffs, you're delusional.
I hope what you say is true. If it is, I'll gladly retract my remarks.

bileever

Reaction score
Fans focusing on cigars is dumb and clueless. First of all, the season is over. Second, they actually won the game. They can't celebrate that if they want to?

It reminds me of the scene from Fever Pitch when Ben (the Jimmy Fallon character) goes to a restaurant following a big Red Sox loss and is upset to see a group of players there eating dinner and enjoying themselves.

cymatica

Reaction score
Fans focusing on cigars is dumb and clueless. First of all, the season is over. Second, they actually won the game. They can't celebrate that if they want to?

I guess KJ Wright is dumb and clueless and you know better than him. Even he thought it was not the time nor the place, even after hearing about Love's reason. He said it bothered him when Adams lit one up after they won the West a few years back. He said it's something you do in the locker room after winning a championship.

I'll defer to his championship opinion over your ignorant one

HawkFreak

Reaction score
“I love when we finish like this…”.

No thanks Pete. I prefer how the Ravens, Rams, and 49’ers beat us down.
You mean you love missing the playoffs and watching from your recliner at home?
Because THAT'S how this team actually finished.

renofox

Reaction score
It's not the optics of smoking cigars immediately after getting knocked out of the playoffs, or Woolen jacking off at the Cardinals bench, or Bush's extreme trash talking after an uncalled personal foul, or Bobby having to get in Bush's grill to keep him from forcing the refs to call an unsportsmanlike penalty, or the players constantly making business decisions instead of tackles, or Geno zoning out on the bench instead of acting as a leader, or Adams going after a reporter's wife on social media, or the team looking flat and lifeless game after game, or the wild and sloppy play that leads to the Seahawks always being at or near the top of the chart in penalties, or the unaccountability of the coaches going back to Bevell throwing Lockette under the bus, or the complete departure from the Always Compete philosophy, or any of the hundred other things that I could keep adding to this list.

It's the fact that all of these things are evidence of the toxic culture that now exists within the Seahawks organization.

PC is widely acknowledged as incompetent in many aspects of his coaching responsibilities, but all of that has been waved aside because "He is so awesome at culture-building!".

The one thing that PC is so good at?

HE ISN'T VERY GOOD AT.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Bush is another story. That dude needed to shut his pie hole. Often.
I wish I could argue about the culture, it's spot on. He has allowed it for YEARS

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Dude, it's the end of the season, they already were out of the playoffs, and they won in the last minute.

Human beings gonna human being, you know? "Part of the greater problem". Like, as fans do you ever step back and think about how weird stuff like this sounds?
The Cigar Celebration wasn't for winning the game, they were smoking in celebration of Jullian & Julia Love's BIRTH of their newborn son Noah, but they aren't going to let that TRUTH get in the way of their HATE for Pete, eh?
Also, I don't know if it's been mentioned (what with all their vitriol over Pete) but wasn't this another waning minutes WIN by Geno Smith & Co.?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
We won due to TWO missed FG's, in a dome and attempted by a normally reliable kicker, either one of which could have sealed our fate. We didn't earn the win, it was a gift.
Oh hell NO, it was GENO'S PASS TO LOCKETT that GIFTED them the win, get over it already.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Because Pete is Satan, and all things are his fault. Including the weather.

RAMS ARE TANKING, BOOK IT!!!!!!

scutterhawk

Reaction score

OH HELL NO, I'd much rather see them Snivel, Mope around and Cry on each other's shoulders.
Last game of the year for BOTH TEAMS, the Cards played their hearts out...The Hawks just played a little better, and they shouldn't be happy about that?....Hmmm, Go Figure.