OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
keasley45":25njozpf said:
John63":25njozpf said:
Fade":25njozpf said:
keasley45":25njozpf said:
PCs presser was telling, and a little frustrating for the passive criticism of Russ.

Notable was that he agrees that defenses don't play the hawks the way you'd expect given their tape... but said that's not a surprise. Said they all play Russ a specific way and that's known. - And a backhanded criticism of Russ and the offense that all defenses do it, it's not a surprise, and we can't stop it.

When asked about Russ's decision making in the redzone Sunday and specifically his off target pass to Everett when he had DK open underneath... Pete said basically that that's what Russ always does [take the hard play] and that he's been doing it for years.

And when asked about whether he and Russ are aligned on what needs to be done moving forward, he was evasive at best, saying they'd spoken already and said that he'd expressed his concern about the poor 3rd down conversion. He did say he expressed the desire for Russ to better control things.

PC is in a hard spot. He's walking thr line between being a disciplinarian and a business man. The disciplinarian should call the QB out and set the shop straight... set the example. But in the business end, if you come out and say Russ is failing, you get less for him this offseason.

Crap hand to be dealt. Should have moved him last year.

Pete dealt his own hand. He IS the dealer.

LOll a great interpretation of what you want to hear PC say. TO and that's not what was said and given you added no link you already knew it.

Wowo I just listed again and PC said it starts with Coaching, and the coaches need to figure it out. Hmm no place did he say " [take the hard play] " Funny almost nothing you mentioned he says. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6ieRO9vQ_Y Interesting so if you have another link that verifies your view post it because the one I posted does not support your statement.

but her is the one you will hate to hear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxINo_Du_dc

1st. I'm talking about his conference that was posted on Brock and Salk today, which is on Tunein for me, which I have a subscription for so there wouldn't be a link. But you probably already heard it...

2nd. I don't pedal lies and conspiracies. Pete said what I paraphrased.

3rd. I don't understand what it is I wouldn't like about the link you posted.

4th. I don't have an agenda or a horse in this race. I just choose to rely on what I know about the game from having played it, my following the hawks beyond just archair qbing and latching on to BS 'hunches' about what coaches are mysteriously doing behind the scenes- I actually rewatch 90% of the games from more than just the TV broadcast. And I have enough common sense to look at the team and see what's obvious to most folks who understand how the qb position is supposed to be played.

But thanks for posting the links.

so no link I did not think so.

Here is a link still does not say what you are saying

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podca...o-be-more-precise/id717463156?i=1000542745958

FYi I have played too, and coached and refereed. You are not the only one.

And FYI I played QB some and I know what's what and especially that things are not always what they seem when looking at it from above.

keasley45

Reaction score
John63":3plkrqiv said:
keasley45":3plkrqiv said:
John63":3plkrqiv said:
Fade":3plkrqiv said:

LOll a great interpretation of what you want to hear PC say. TO and that's not what was said and given you added no link you already knew it.

Wowo I just listed again and PC said it starts with Coaching, and the coaches need to figure it out. Hmm no place did he say " [take the hard play] " Funny almost nothing you mentioned he says. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6ieRO9vQ_Y Interesting so if you have another link that verifies your view post it because the one I posted does not support your statement.

1st. I'm talking about his conference that was posted on Brock and Salk today, which is on Tunein for me, which I have a subscription for so there wouldn't be a link. But you probably already heard it...

4th. I don't have an agenda or a horse in this race. I just choose to rely on what I know about the game from having played it, my following the hawks beyond just archair qbing and latching on to BS 'hunches' about what coaches are mysteriously doing behind the scenes- I actually rewatch 90% of the games from more than just the TV broadcast. And I have enough common sense to look at the team and see what's obvious to most folks who understand how the qb position is supposed to be played.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podca...o-be-more-precise/id717463156?i=1000542745958

And FYI I played QB some and I know what's what and especially that things are not always what they seem when looking at it from above.

Tell you what john63, you can read into it what you want and anybody else can listen to it.

He says plainly that there are zero surprises when it comes to ho defenses are playing us. He was asked about his take on Lockett's assessment that they are doing something different than ehatbthe Hawks Might be expecting and that was response.

What about that is false?

And what about him saying Russ choosing the big play over the easy one is just who he's always been is false?

You make these accusations and then just walk away.

And when asked about his communication with Russ, you have to be asleep on the E.I. scale to see that Pete is clearly dancing around the issue.

So tell me again what I misrepresented, please.

keasley45

Reaction score
John63":zuj9zyyf said:
keasley45":zuj9zyyf said:
John63":zuj9zyyf said:
Fade":zuj9zyyf said:

And for a guy who has played football, you seem to be able to distinguish very little between statistics and performance, or to assess simple things like whether or not a qb is making a proper read or a receiver ran the wrong route. Or whether it's the lines fault a qb got sacked or it was the qb job to adjust protection and throw hot.

Or maybe you do and you just love RW so much your adoration clouds your experience?

Would be great tonget some real xs and os from you to back up your assertion that the offense is being run by Pete. Or that Waldron is horrible at calling plays or that he is secretly disguising formations to look new... butvstill running what Pete wants??

Anything tangible really, other than..... stats.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
keasley45":24u4i2v3 said:
I'm listening to Hour 2 - Pete Carroll reveals a setback for a key defensive player on Wyman and Bob with @TuneIn. #NowPlaying http://tun.in/tlA0ys

No problem

Enjoy

So I am listening, the first thing is his dismissal of what Locket said given it's the coached job to adjust I smelled of covering his own behind given a lot of others feel the same way about the lack of adjustments. Something sims in one of the links I posted said as well.

SO heard the part about Everet he did not say anything about taking the hard throw and said he and were have been doing this for years. I took it as if he sees a chance to get the td to overtaking something else he will and guess what scoring is not a guarantee and if you got a shot take it. My coaches always said if you're in the red zone and have a decent shot for the TD you take it. Wilson did. I have no problem with that and PC did not either and said so.

I think that if you listen to the one you posted and the ones I posted the one thing is there is a lot that needs fixing. the receivers, the routes, the protection, the coaching, the QB. All of them and PC said that.

So in an attempt to deescalate things here is how I see things right now

Wilson is not 100% but he is trying and he had a better game this week than last so I expect this coming week will be better
The oline is still a problem
the run game is pretty good
the Wr are still learning and sometimes making little mistakes, not turning around, not catching it, running wrong route etc etc
The RBs are making mistakes blocking mainly

There is a lot going on that needs to improve it is not just one thing. I guess I don't put as much of it on Wilson because he is coming back from injury and because he has missed a month. The same way I felt when Carson came back or even Penny I did not expect much, lol I was right he is out again.

Let's remember prior to the injury Wilson was #1 in passer rating #2 in TD, %1 td/int, 2 in YPA, and #3 in COmplt%. He was playing well. But his first 2 games back from injury and missing a month has been a work in progress as I would expect..

I mean Mahomes has not been injured but just went through a stretch where he had 5 games below 75% passer rating out of 7 games. were he threw 8 INTs, Difference is they won 5 of the 7. Their team can win when Mahomes is not his best. Ours cant.

keasley45

Reaction score
Oh and listened again. Forgot the part where PC said that RUSS NEEDS TO EXECUTE THE GAMEPLAN.

he said that very plainly

Thanks for keeping me honest

keasley45

Reaction score
John63":7jbp898t said:
keasley45":7jbp898t said:
I'm listening to Hour 2 - Pete Carroll reveals a setback for a key defensive player on Wyman and Bob with @TuneIn. #NowPlaying http://tun.in/tlA0ys

No problem

Enjoy

So I am listening, the first thing is his dismissal of what Locket said given it's the coached job to adjust I smelled of covering his own behind given a lot of others feel the same way about the lack of adjustments. Something sims in one of the links I posted said as well.

Locketts assertion is that the offense isnt prepared on gameday for what the defense is doing to them because they are preparing for what defenses are doing to other teams. Pete Carrol didnt respond directly to what Lockett said but stated that teams play the Hawks the same way pretty consistently and that its different than what they might do against other teams... that thats nothing new

if you take these comments in context with the issues that have been churning for weeks now, adding Pete's comment about Russ needing to execute the offense speaks pretty loudly if you ask me. That's about as direct a criticism of Russ that he's going to make

SO heard the part about Everet he did not say anything about taking the hard throw and said he and were have been doing this for years. I took it as if he sees a chance to get the td to overtaking something else he will and guess what scoring is not a guarantee and if you got a shot take it. My coaches always said if you're in the red zone and have a decent shot for the TD you take it. Wilson did. I have no problem with that and PC did not either and said so.

he has clearly reslodong to a question asking about that play and the reporter who posed the question added what his thoughts were on that kind of play in general

I think that if you listen to the one you posted and the ones I posted the one thing is there is a lot that needs fixing. the receivers, the routes, the protection, the coaching, the QB. All of them and PC said that.

i dont disagree, but where we differ is in that you want to spread the blame evenly, seemingly to deflect blame from Russ... or caveat his portion of fault with his injury, as if his play wasn't on a downward trend already, and the only thing bolstering his stats were his splash plays and ability to hit receivers off schedule on the scramble. I tend to believe that the stats don't tell the whole story because we are abysmal on 3rd down and in avg drive duration and have been all year. Russ is also terrible when defenses expect pass. His poor play makes it difficult to assess most any other part of the offense accurately. Yes, drops happen. Yes, missed blocks occur, but if the qb literally isn't executing the offense properly or actually limiting the playbook to his preferences, then you're creating a no-win situation that quickly bleeds into the entire team because weather you're on offense or defense, you know that if the qb play is broken, it doesn't matter how many 3rd down stops you're going to make or of you're a rb, how much you bust your ass to make a 1st down, or if you're a wr not wearing 14 or 16, that it doesn't matter how well you run you routes, you aren't going to get the ball. That's the reality of team sport. And when the leadership doesn't do something about it, you basically sink to the point where nobody plays to their ability, and you have much larger problems.

So in an attempt to deescalate things here is how I see things right now

Wilson is not 100% but he is trying and he had a better game this week than last so I expect this coming week will be better
The oline is still a problem
the run game is pretty good
the Wr are still learning and sometimes making little mistakes, not turning around, not catching it, running wrong route etc etc
The RBs are making mistakes blocking mainly

There is a lot going on that needs to improve it is not just one thing. I guess I don't put as much of it on Wilson because he is coming back from injury and because he has missed a month. The same way I felt when Carson came back or even Penny I did not expect much, lol I was right he is out again.

Let's remember prior to the injury Wilson was #1 in passer rating #2 in TD, %1 td/int, 2 in YPA, and #3 in COmplt%. He was playing well. But his first 2 games back from injury and missing a month has been a work in progress as I would expect..

john63, his struggles predated his injury. Look at his stats in the first half of games this year vs 2nd half. Its night and day. Look at our avg possession duration on offense. It was abysmal, so you cant keep on pointing to stats that were inflated by long passes to hisbfa orite players and were bolstered by us running the ball... which ironically the thing it seems he refuses to do, could help his cause. Why does he instead throw 6 times in the redzone rather then run?? When the run game was pushing 6ypc??

I mean Mahomes has not been injured but just went through a stretch where he had 5 games below 75% passer rating out of 7 games. were he threw 8 INTs, Difference is they won 5 of the 7. Their team can win when Mahomes is not his best. Ours cant.

we would have won the GB game if Wilson had a 75% passer rating. And ironically, his passer rating was well above 100 against Tennessee and Minnesota and we lost! But you could easily make the argument that if he just does the simple things in those games, we win. You disagree? An offense withbthe weapons we have and the playcalls Waldron is putting out should be allow usbto drive the field multiple times per game, eating up clock, wearing down the oppositions defens and putting up td after eating up 6 and 7 minutes rather than putting up 7 on a bomb in a minute 30 and then going three and out fornthe next 15 minutes until you catch lightning in a bottle again. Thats why the constant reference to stats ... and 'everybody is to blame', rings hollow and is blind to whats actually happening on the field.

but i appreciate the attempt at de-escalation, sincerely. And i apologize for the typos . On a backup phone.