This is what happens

IndyHawk

Reaction score
A great win for the HAWKS!We took our foot off the gas in the 2nd half but I'm sure it is nothing that cannot be fixed..SF lost ...A win is a win.. Man some of you are too spoiled...I bet the 49ers wish they was in our shoes..

dusktreader

Reaction score
minormillikin":177gthfz said:
bmorepunk":177gthfz said:
This is what happens

A win?

The Seahawks won, right?

See what happens, Larry? Do you see what happens, Larry?

Ha, I'm insane right now...

Larry! Do you see what happens when you Kam a stranger in the ass?

lebowski_stranger.jpg

Northhawk

Reaction score
Gawd. We won against a team who many rank as the NFL's top team and that's what really matters.

Keep in mind players and coaches who've been there say it's harder to repeat than to win your 1st SB.

I swear some people need to make mountains out of mole hills just to try to appear knowledgeable. Here's the glass three quarters full: the offence won the game on a must score drive against a pretty damn good defence.

If you want drama go to the 49ners board. They're slitting their wrists over there. In fact, some posters are calling for management to hire Bevel form coach! LOL

Go Hawks!

bigskydoc

Reaction score
This game made me happy. We overcame some absolutely boneheaded plays by our biggest stars (Harvin not kneeling, Lynch giving up a safety), overcame some blatantly terrible calls (on one of the long passes on Peyton's last drive, one of our rushers was litteraly grabbed by the ankle and tackled by a o-lineman that was on the ground among others), and most importantly, overcame what is looking more and more like the best team that we will face all year.

Happy, happy, happy.

Go Hawks!

Seafan

Reaction score
Conservative on offense? They weren't conservative when they were throwing from the 1 yard line. They weren't conservative when they were throwing into coverage from their end with a lead and needing to run the clock. They weren't conservative with 2 minutes to go in the game with four plays from the eleven.

They weren't conservative they were flipping STUPID. They were BEVELL STUPID!!!!

Bevell cost the game in San Diego and tried to throw this game away by not being conservative enough at the right times.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Meant to say, we not only beat the best team we will face all year, but we beat them at full strength.

Von Miller, Talib, Welker. All healthy.

No excuses.

Go Hawks.

-bsd

bmorepunk

Reaction score
dusktreader":dz4ud2j0 said:
minormillikin":dz4ud2j0 said:
bmorepunk":dz4ud2j0 said:
This is what happens

A win?

The Seahawks won, right?

See what happens, Larry? Do you see what happens, Larry?

Ha, I'm insane right now...

Larry! Do you see what happens when you Kam a stranger in the ass?

lebowski_stranger.jpg

You guys have no idea how many times I stopped myself from posting a picture of that scene with this subject.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Seafan":2tgmn2g2 said:
Conservative on offense? They weren't conservative when they were throwing from the 1 yard line. They weren't conservative when they were throwing into coverage from their end with a lead and needing to run the clock. They weren't conservative with 2 minutes to go in the game with four plays from the eleven.

They weren't conservative they were flipping STUPID. They were BEVELL STUPID!!!!

Bevell cost the game in San Diego and tried to throw this game away by not being conservative enough at the right times.

I think you're looking for this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=96872

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I would say a few dumb plays by a few players let Denver back in.

For the 4th quarter collapse on offense I blame Russell for taking the sack and throwing the pick and missing an easy third down conversion to Walters. I blame Percy for his stupid attempt at running back that non returnable kickoff.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3g4c90d4 said:
xCalibur":3g4c90d4 said:
Pete needs to really sit down with Quinn and talk about his play calling and the way our secondary just looked lost on the right side during that last drive by Manning. Just look at Pete's face during that drive, he was not happy and knew something was wrong. Also, where the hell was the pass rush.
I don't want to be too critical of a game we won against a potential Super Bowl team and a HOF QB, but both coordinators need to be sat down and have a good "talkin' too!" As they both took their feet of the gas.

Right now and I'm just happy with the win and how "money" our QB was on that last drive, RW was not going to accept nothing less than a TD on that drive! The guy plays like a champion!
My guess is this was more Pete's call then his coordinators.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
I kinda agree here but in some degree I feel a lack of focus is our problem now , it's sure not effort . I feel a few mental breakdowns esp on defense are happening at the wrong times . Felt a little like Gus Bradley was the DC for a bit there at the end.

Mick063

Reaction score
They beat the reining AFC champ. Handed it to them for three quarters and then pulled it out when the chips were down.

Anyone remember Houston, Tampa Bay, or St. Louis last year? So how did the season end and how would those games compare to Denver today?

Jacknut16

Reaction score
ivotuk":2lolwvml said:
Wow dude, lighten up. The reason Peyton never takes sacks is he has big, strong receivers and get s the ball out quickly.

We don't play that kind of game. Russell had a good game, I just don't think he saw Talib leave his receiver and come back to top the ball. That interception wasn't even a clean INT. If RW would have pump faked, he would have had Talibs WR open for a long TD.

Taliban guessed right.

That INT was a terrible pass, and a very costly mistake.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Our defense had essentially pitched a shutout for 3 quarters and change against the worlds best offense.

When your defense is that good, and you have a 14 point lead late in the second half, you absolutely play conservatively on offense and work the clock. Thats how championship teams win. You want to minimize Mannings chances on offense.

Had RW not played UNconservatively and thrown that risky pick, this game is likely over sooner.

Case closed.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Hawks46":b3vr4n7w said:
Wilson gets sacked at the goal line. People get pissed that he's called a game manager, but the elite QBs have pocket prescence and field awareness to know where you're at and get rid of the ball faster in that situation.

Wilson isn't a game manager, game managers don't go 80 yards in OT. He's elite in his own way, I don't understand whats so hard to understand. Had more to do with a poor o line than anything regarding pocket presence.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
bigskydoc":1dm6buhp said:
Meant to say, we not only beat the best team we will face all year, but we beat them at full strength.

Von Miller, Talib, Welker. All healthy.

No excuses.

Go Hawks.

-bsd
Which disproves what Donkey fans were saying about us 'not having a chance' if they were at full strength. We made several critical mistakes and still 'had a chance.' Glad this happened early in the season.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Jacknut16":325nhoq7 said:
ivotuk":325nhoq7 said:
Wow dude, lighten up. The reason Peyton never takes sacks is he has big, strong receivers and get s the ball out quickly.

We don't play that kind of game. Russell had a good game, I just don't think he saw Talib leave his receiver and come back to top the ball. That interception wasn't even a clean INT. If RW would have pump faked, he would have had Talibs WR open for a long TD.

Taliban guessed right.

That INT was a terrible pass, and a very costly mistake.
I agree. So did Russell in his post game interview. Case closed. Good thing we have NRR (NoRepeatRuss).

Sealake80

Reaction score
Just happy we won... and I think that even though things look and feel different right now were winning. Our Offensive Coordinator is warming up the engine doing system checks until the playoffs don't you think? The season is a chess match or something like that. It's all the challenges the team faces and overcomes that build the strength and character. We are still a young team too. Growing pains happen in fits and spurts.

Sealake80

Reaction score
Just happy we won... and I think that even though things look and feel different right now were winning. Our Offensive Coordinator is warming up the engine doing system checks until the playoffs don't you think? The season is a chess match or something like that. It's all the challenges the team faces and overcomes that build the strength and character. We are still a young team too. Growing pains happen in fits and spurts.