This is what happens

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
This is hilarious. We had literally ZERO drives in the 2nd half that went run, run, pass, punt. But don't let facts get in the way.

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
bigskydoc":1hsyobh9 said:
This game made me happy. We overcame some absolutely boneheaded plays by our biggest stars (Harvin not kneeling, Lynch giving up a safety), overcame some blatantly terrible calls (on one of the long passes on Peyton's last drive, one of our rushers was litteraly grabbed by the ankle and tackled by a o-lineman that was on the ground among others), and most importantly, overcame what is looking more and more like the best team that we will face all year.

Happy, happy, happy.

Go Hawks!

Agree with the "happy"...but Lynch "giving up a safety"?
Talk about the O-line on that, he was swarmed within seconds. Just a tough spot to get out of against a good Denver D today.

dusktreader

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":32zulm3s said:
This is hilarious. We had literally ZERO drives in the 2nd half that went run, run, pass, punt. But don't let facts get in the way.

Heh heh...but, Fire Bevell, man!

Jacknut16

Reaction score
hawkfan1975":pf55cite said:
bigskydoc":pf55cite said:
This game made me happy. We overcame some absolutely boneheaded plays by our biggest stars (Harvin not kneeling, Lynch giving up a safety), overcame some blatantly terrible calls (on one of the long passes on Peyton's last drive, one of our rushers was litteraly grabbed by the ankle and tackled by a o-lineman that was on the ground among others), and most importantly, overcame what is looking more and more like the best team that we will face all year.

Happy, happy, happy.

Go Hawks!

Talk about the O-line on that, he was swarmed within seconds. Just a tough spot to get out of against a good Denver D today.

The Safety there was really on Lynch.
He had 2 yards, maybe 3 or 4 if he just follows the middle of the line, up the middle. When he bounced outside it put him outside the block and easy prey for the defender which had help quickly after.

He really needs to keep it up the middle on those. We get to punt up 17-3 at that point if he stays middle, not a huge deal.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Jacknut16":3pniqr66 said:
hawkfan1975":3pniqr66 said:
bigskydoc":3pniqr66 said:

Happy, happy, happy.

Go Hawks!

He had 2 yards, maybe 3 or 4 if he just follows the middle of the line, up the middle. When he bounced outside it put him outside the block and easy prey for the defender which had help quickly after.

He really needs to keep it up the middle on those. We get to punt up 17-3 at that point if he stays middle, not a huge deal.

This is crazy. He got stuffed behind the line and fought as hard as he could to get out. He got throttled.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
All the Harvin and Lynch complaining is hilarious.

OP
OP
H

Hawks46

Reaction score
kearly":12yj0nhs said:
Hawks46":12yj0nhs said:
This is what happens... when you play not to lose.

I could have sworn Seattle won.

Also that last drive had nothing to do with playing not to lose. Seattle was in the right kind of defense, but Fox/Gase had a new route package that they saved for that situation and Seattle really had no answer for it since it's impossible to prepare for stuff you haven't seen.

This isn't pointed right at your Kearly, but your quote is the shortest. (I also didn't complain about the last defensive drive, that was genius play calling).

Gee, I didn't realize that I should be all sunshine and kittens after we pissed away a 14 point halftime lead, and then scored a whopping 3 points in the final 2 quarters. I also love how people come on and insult others' "football intelligence" with nothing really to back it up other than "well gee, Gus, we won". I'll take every Win, and I'm beyond stoked we won, but not every win a a Grrrreeeeat win, just like every loss isn't a bad loss.

I wasn't all over the boards having a hernia over our loss to the Chargers. It wasn't a bad loss, really in retrospect. SD is an improved team from last year and it was 120 degrees on the field.

We had 175 yards of offense in the 2nd quarter, and less than that the rest of the game. We were pushing the Broncos around and we went away from what worked. I have a couple of football peeves and that's one of them .This game was almost the equivalent of crushing a team all game long, then going into the prevent defense and letting them waltz down the field and score. Prevent defense many times Prevents you from winning, and this is the way I walked away from this game feeling.

Last year, we beat teams up in the 2nd half. This year, we're getting beat in the 2nd half. I don't put too much on our win vs. GB, as they don't look that good, just like I don't put too much on the loss to SD, as they look a lot better than I originally thought. I'm not going to apologize for not being upbeat about it.

Sealake80

Reaction score
Just happy we won... and I think that even though things look and feel different right now were winning. Our Offensive Coordinator is warming up the engine doing system checks until the playoffs don't you think? The season is a chess match or something like that. It's all the challenges the team faces and overcomes that build the strength and character. We are still a young team too. Growing pains happen in fits and spurts.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Hawks46":2murpiyo said:
kearly":2murpiyo said:
Hawks46":2murpiyo said:

Also that last drive had nothing to do with playing not to lose. Seattle was in the right kind of defense, but Fox/Gase had a new route package that they saved for that situation and Seattle really had no answer for it since it's impossible to prepare for stuff you haven't seen.

This isn't pointed right at your Kearly, but your quote is the shortest. (I also didn't complain about the last defensive drive, that was genius play calling).

Gee, I didn't realize that I should be all sunshine and kittens after we pissed away a 14 point halftime lead, and then scored a whopping 3 points in the final 2 quarters. I also love how people come on and insult others' "football intelligence" with nothing really to back it up other than "well gee, Gus, we won". I'll take every Win, and I'm beyond stoked we won, but not every win a a Grrrreeeeat win, just like every loss isn't a bad loss.

I wasn't all over the boards having a hernia over our loss to the Chargers. It wasn't a bad loss, really in retrospect. SD is an improved team from last year and it was 120 degrees on the field.

We had 175 yards of offense in the 2nd quarter, and less than that the rest of the game. We were pushing the Broncos around and we went away from what worked. I have a couple of football peeves and that's one of them .This game was almost the equivalent of crushing a team all game long, then going into the prevent defense and letting them waltz down the field and score. Prevent defense many times Prevents you from winning, and this is the way I walked away from this game feeling.

Last year, we beat teams up in the 2nd half. This year, we're getting beat in the 2nd half. I don't put too much on our win vs. GB, as they don't look that good, just like I don't put too much on the loss to SD, as they look a lot better than I originally thought. I'm not going to apologize for not being upbeat about it.

Every win in the NFL is special, especially against top notch competition like Denver.

The line between winning every game will be razor thin. This isnt a video game or even college football.

Cherish every win, because they arent easy to come by.

Exittium

Reaction score
bmorepunk":1lk91w6o said:
Denver's defense played very good. I'm willing to give them some credit. Von Miller is a beast, and having Talib and Ward in that secondary makes a huge difference for them.

Difference for them is they'll be broke.

OP
OP
H

Hawks46

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1fumrjpj said:
Hawks46":1fumrjpj said:
kearly":1fumrjpj said:
Hawks46":1fumrjpj said:

Every win in the NFL is special, especially against top notch competition like Denver.

The line between winning every game will be razor thin. This isnt a video game or even college football.

Cherish every win, because they arent easy to come by.

Hey, I totally agree. Don't think I'm bitching because we won, I was just unhappy with the 2nd half offense. On offense, it definately looked like we were playing not to lose.

Couple of points without quoting everyone:

Yes, our defense played great against the best offense in the league. No, going conservative isn't the way to go if you're not running the ball consistently well and you're facing the top offense. Why ? Because they're uh, the top offense. They can and do score quickly. Case in point: 4th quarter. I feel like once OT came and it was time to get serious, we just pulled it out of the hat and rolled. I also feel that we should've been able to play that way the entire 2nd half.

I never said Wilson was a game manager. I feel that's laughable when folks say that. What I was trying to say was: he needs to work on his game management. He sometimes takes stupid sacks. We all know that. Sure, you can say it wasn't pocket prescence that got him sacked, but when you're standing on the goal line, you have to be aware of where you're at on the field and your mental clock has to go off quicker in that situation. Don't take it from me, ask Warren Moon. He said the same damn thing. Nice thing is, Wilson will learn from it and probably not make that mistake again. He's uncanny that way.

Hawkpower

Reaction score

Also that last drive had nothing to do with playing not to lose. Seattle was in the right kind of defense, but Fox/Gase had a new route package that they saved for that situation and Seattle really had no answer for it since it's impossible to prepare for stuff you haven't seen.[/quote]

Last year, we beat teams up in the 2nd half. This year, we're getting beat in the 2nd half. I don't put too much on our win vs. GB, as they don't look that good, just like I don't put too much on the loss to SD, as they look a lot better than I originally thought. I'm not going to apologize for not being upbeat about it.[/quote]

Cherish every win, because they arent easy to come by.[/quote]

Hey, I totally agree. Don't think I'm bitching because we won, I was just unhappy with the 2nd half offense. On offense, it definately looked like we were playing not to lose.

Couple of points without quoting everyone:

Yes, our defense played great against the best offense in the league. No, going conservative isn't the way to go if you're not running the ball consistently well and you're facing the top offense. Why ? Because they're uh, the top offense. They can and do score quickly. Case in point: 4th quarter. I feel like once OT came and it was time to get serious, we just pulled it out of the hat and rolled. I also feel that we should've been able to play that way the entire 2nd half.

I never said Wilson was a game manager. I feel that's laughable when folks say that. What I was trying to say was: he needs to work on his game management. He sometimes takes stupid sacks. We all know that. Sure, you can say it wasn't pocket prescence that got him sacked, but when you're standing on the goal line, you have to be aware of where you're at on the field and your mental clock has to go off quicker in that situation. Don't take it from me, ask Warren Moon. He said the same damn thing. Nice thing is, Wilson will learn from it and probably not make that mistake again. He's uncanny that way.[/quote]

Would love to see the run/pass splits for the second half vs the first.

If it was as dramatic a change as you claim, the stats will bear that out, right?

slipwax

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":2wzg1zqz said:
Jacknut16":2wzg1zqz said:
hawkfan1975":2wzg1zqz said:
bigskydoc":2wzg1zqz said:

Happy, happy, happy.

Go Hawks!

This is crazy. He got stuffed behind the line and fought as hard as he could to get out. He got throttled.

Lynch could have gotten out of the endzone. I dont know if he could have gotten 3-4 yards but he could have gone straight up the middle and gotten a yard or two but he danced around trying to find more running room and he got swarmed for the safety

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Kearse was blocked into his lane so he tried to cut it outside and then the Broncs D swarmed and hit him hard and a lot. To put the safety on him is ridiculous.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I would love to see Russell do some Brady-esque sneaks up the middle in situations like that. Goal line stuff, on both ends.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Hawks46":3pxie0ym said:
kearly":3pxie0ym said:
Hawks46":3pxie0ym said:

Pack mentality and a fear of being unpopular.

You make some excellent points and I'm sure a few of them are being discussed in the privacy of Pete's office right now. Or should we believe Pete is saying.."well, we won, and that means we have nothing to work on. Everybody meet back here in 10 days"? Uh...no.

The safety was clearly on Lynch. It was the 2nd time he ran laterally when he should have hit the hole. The first time was on the drive of his TD catch. He slides right with nothing but real estate straight up the gut. Not a big deal. He guesses right more times than not. He is the man, but what we are talking about here is exactly why Michael was drafted. As awesome as our favorite Hawk is, he's not the best fit for a ZBS. But he is, imo, the best fit for the Seattle Seahawks and if I had a vote, the number 24 would never again be worn by another player with this franchise.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, from our perspective if he'd have just barreled through Kearse or cut to the right a little he might have gotten out of the end zone. Maybe. His job is to read the blocking and find a lane. He has a split second and limited peripheral to do it. But the safety was "clearly" on him. Never mind how we got into the situation or the lack of blocking or the good play by the defense. We need to be able to blame somebody.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Jacknut16":3t150otq said:
ivotuk":3t150otq said:
Wow dude, lighten up. The reason Peyton never takes sacks is he has big, strong receivers and get s the ball out quickly.

We don't play that kind of game. Russell had a good game, I just don't think he saw Talib leave his receiver and come back to top the ball. That interception wasn't even a clean INT. If RW would have pump faked, he would have had Talibs WR open for a long TD.

Taliban guessed right.

That INT was a terrible pass, and a very costly mistake.
How so? We won last time I looked. Think about this.... if we don't beat everyone by 20 points at home we might get more primetime games and be the National game on Sunday afternoon like Dallas, Denver or San Francisco.