This one is on

TheHawkDoc

Reaction score
The "elite" defense blew 5 (FIVE!) fourth quarter leads on the road this year. Arizona, Detroit, Miami, Chicago, and of course, Atlanta. For a defense that gets so much "pub" and talks so much trash it'd be nice if they'd actually help this team win games in the 4th quarter. It's unbelievable. Would have loved to have Clem today but not sure it would have mattered because he was obviously on the field for 4 of those games.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
TheHawkDoc":1fxely7b said:
The "elite" defense blew 5 (FIVE!) fourth quarter leads on the road this year. Arizona, Detroit, Miami, Chicago, and of course, Atlanta. For a defense that gets so much "pub" and talks so much trash it'd be nice if they'd actually help this team win games in the 4th quarter. It's unbelievable. Would have loved to have Clem today but not sure it would have mattered because he was obviously on the field for 4 of those games.
This is definitely how I feel as well.

Twisted

Reaction score
hawkfannj":1sv965vc said:
Pete and Gus Pete for not taking the points and Bradley for putting us in a position to give up the game with 31 seconds .

seriously 2 bone headed mistakes, actually 3

always take the points, (especially if its still the first half)

and sending Marshawn over the line with that much time left is STOOPID

Atlanta justs take a time out you say?

um thats what you wanted the Falcs to do! burn up their TOs that way they can't stop the clock and set up the FG..

was I the only one sitting there thinking they only need a FG to go ahead you need to burn EVERY second off this clock as you can or at least get Atl to burn a TO!!!

they got 30 a runner and the best passing game in the league, and then you don't bury the kick off in the end zone

so many mistakes

so close and yet so far...

better luck next year but work on that critical thinking on the fly, its crucial, and please, just take the points, a lousy 3 points is often the difference of MANY football games..

scutterhawk

Reaction score
ATLFalFan":2h1cn7tg said:
Guys, they game wasn't on your defense at the end of the game. What about the 1st half? It was your defense and your offense. Whenever you guys learn how to start fast consistently a lot of people are going to be in trouble. For your guys to have the youngest team in the NFL the future looks very bright for you guys. Not for years to come. I'm talking about next year. I don't want see you guys in the playoffs no time soon. Great game.
BS., It WAS the Defense, and not the first time this Season that they shit the bed.
You don't get any more wide open on that last pass, than Ryan and his Reciever was down the gut, no excuse for piss poor positioning of your players like that.
Wilson did his part in answering the 20 point hole he dug the Seahawks out of.

zayden185

Reaction score
We went 11-5 and the defense got us here in the first place to start the year

Russell taking the sack and end of first half was also huge

Team game

mikeak

Reaction score
bingotown":gt0x28x9 said:
Bingo! Those guys played too hard to have Pete not to do his job. There is NO acceptable reason as to why not to put 3 points on the board. I'm way too pissed to even try to rationalize this game and the decisions that were made.

Going for it on 4th and 1 was correct

To have Lynch and RW in this team and go straight up the gut at 3rd and 1 & 4th and 1. Bad call