This team is for real

LTH

Reaction score
My goodness 3 for 13 on 3rd down and they still dominate 425 yards total O? Missing most of the starting O line and they run for 149 yards. The D gives up 44 yards rushing? 3 sacks they give up something like 370 yards through the air off of 58 attempts.... are you kidding me?

I'm excited because this team is beat up bad!!! The injury situation is critical and yet they still keep winning. That's the mark of a great team. Imagine what they are going to be like if they ever get around to getting healthy and gelling.

People... I think we are looking at something special here. I know it was just the Panthers but I just got a feeling about this year.

LTH

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
I'm still a little worried because I'm just like that. The 3rd down defense is still a work in progress.

I wanna see what they do next week against the Giants in New York. Daniel Jones is not a good QB.

They should win. 3-1 is in their reach. Going into the BYE 3-1 would be nice.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
This is a game good teams win. If you watched the game, you felt the adversity. Injuries, a physical team desperate for a win, multiple drives stalling in the red zone, early turnover…

That’s hard on a team. This was a game where momentum mattered and was hard to come by.

But you can see the team coming together. You can see them learning to fight for 4 quarters as a unit, instead of breaking down like you saw in Week 1.

It’s still bumpy. They still need to gel on both sides of the ball and find their mojo in high leverage situations. But the fight and dawg is starting to show.

So much fun watching this team right now.

Despite being a work in progress, this looks like a playoff team. This team has the mindset you need if you’re going to survive in January. Now we need the execution to catch up.

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
This is a game good teams win. If you watched the game, you felt the adversity. Injuries, a physical team desperate for a win, multiple drives stalling in the red zone, early turnover…

That’s hard on a team. This was a game where momentum mattered and was hard to come by.

But you can see the team coming together. You can see them learning to fight for 4 quarters as a unit, instead of breaking down like you saw in Week 1.

It’s still bumpy. They still need to gel on both sides of the ball and find their mojo in high leverage situations. But the fight and dawg is starting to show.

So much fun watching this team right now.

Despite being a work in progress, this looks like a playoff team. This team has the mindset you need if you’re going to survive in January. Now we need the execution to catch up.

On that we agree. They are fun to watch.

JPatera76

Reaction score
I totally understand the apprehension. But I also gotta remind myself, we're dealing with a LOT of injuries in some really pivotal areas.

Rainger

Reaction score
My goodness 3 for 13 on 3rd down and they still dominate 425 yards total O? Missing most of the starting O line and they run for 149 yards. The D gives up 44 yards rushing? 3 sacks they give up something like 370 yards through the air off of 58 attempts.... are you kidding me?

I'm excited because this team is beat up bad!!! The injury situation is critical and yet they still keep winning. That's the mark of a great team. Imagine what they are going to be like if they ever get around to getting healthy and gelling.

People... I think we are looking at something special here. I know it was just the Panthers but I just got a feeling about this year.

LTH
Just the Panthers... have a very good D were leading the league in sacks going into this game.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
I have seen a big improvement every week so I'm not buying in...

LTH

Gorgar

Reaction score
I'm still a little worried because I'm just like that. The 3rd down defense is still a work in progress.

I wanna see what they do next week against the Giants in New York. Daniel Jones is not a good QB.

They should win. 3-1 is in their reach. Going into the BYE 3-1 would be nice.
Hawks tend to play big in prime time night games, except for that Bo Jackson game.

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
I have seen a big improvement every week so I'm not buying in...

LTH

That's understandable because week 1 was atrocious lol. I don't think they could have played worse.

...Unless they were the Broncos. I guess that would be worse.

eo620

Reaction score
I love what I'm seeing from the Offense; especially Walker and Charbonnet. They can become a two headed beast! We know what the WR's can do. The defense needs to improve, especially on third down before this is a team that can go deeper into the playofffs. Hopefully, the D just needs time to gel. Although I originally hated the timing of it, the bye may be coming at a really good time to get people healthy during week 5 (10/8). Let's get everyone healthy and let's roll!

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I was impressed with the run game. Need to keep that up.

I believe the Panthers game will be the easiest game of the season though. There was no point in that game that I felt Seattle would lose. I want to see the Hawks keep the momentum, but i'm really nervous about the next game.

calinator

Reaction score
The trenches on both sides of the ball still worry me more, especially on the defensive side minus Reed. The 3rd downs on both sides of the ball also reflect this. Im not trying to hate because I think our skill positions like WR, TE, RB, and secondary are very good but the 49ers and Eagles are much better in the trenches and that is what's more important.

keasley45

Reaction score
It was the Panthers, so I think the team overall still gets an 'incomplete' grade.

But it was just Arizona and Indy today too. What a week for the upset.

The depth we have is impressive though. Even though MJ have up the TD and we had some leaks on the line, it was nice to see the next man up mentality alive and well.

The team plays with energy and violence. You can see the pieces falling into place a bit more clearly.

I think our O playcalling could still use a little more 'off the standard script' creativity, and the comms in the secondary and between the backers and dbs needs to improve. But love showed some nice work today. Spoon is the real deal (his energy reminded me of ET). And Reed has to be the best pickup of the offseason.

We are a much better team than last year, right now even with the injuries.

Looking forward to them continuing to learn how to play together.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
The trenches on both sides of the ball still worry me more, especially on the defensive side minus Reed. The 3rd downs on both sides of the ball also reflect this. Im not trying to hate because I think our skill positions like WR, TE, RB, and secondary are very good but the 49ers and Eagles are much better in the trenches and that is what's more important.
NFL Trade Deadline is about ~1 month away, I would expect PC and JS to have their eyes on potential trade targets that non-playoff teams may be interested in trading away. It's an anticipated date for me almost every year due to the possibilities to make the Seahawks stronger.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
It was the Panthers, so I think the team overall still gets an 'incomplete' grade.

But it was just Arizona and Indy today too. What a week for the upset.

The depth we have is impressive though. Even though MJ have up the TD and we had some leaks on the line, it was nice to see the next man up mentality alive and well.

The team plays with energy and violence. You can see the pieces falling into place a bit more clearly.

I think our O playcalling could still use a little more 'off the standard script' creativity, and the comms in the secondary and between the backers and dbs needs to improve. But love showed some nice work today. Spoon is the real deal (his energy reminded me of ET). And Reed has to be the best pickup of the offseason.

We are a much better team than last year, right now even with the injuries.

Looking forward to them continuing to learn how to play together.
Playing together is a big thing... injuries are killing them.. the Hawks are overcoming them so far but building continuity is very important. I guess it's good that the young guys are getting some time to play. That's going to make them more effective later in the season. Yes there are things to work out no doubt but they have to deal the cards they are dealt and I think once they get healthy and get some continuity going, if that ever happens they are going to be a very good football team. Lots of football to be played and I think they are heading in the right direction.

LTH

morgulon1

Reaction score
I was impressed with the run game. Need to keep that up.

I believe the Panthers game will be the easiest game of the season though. There was no point in that game that I felt Seattle would lose. I want to see the Hawks keep the momentum, but i'm really nervous about the next game.
I was nervous. It was 15-13 deep into the 3rd quarter. I can't say I had confidence the way things were going.

One of my numerous faults.