This team should make the playoffs

Mad Dog

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":uqidfr9b said:
This team was literally gifted 2 free games on the schedule when the 49ers lost their starting QB.

While I still think this is a 7-9 to 8-8 team, those 2 49ers games that we normally would have likely split - become almost sure wins. Which means 9-7 at least.

I don't know that 9-7 would be enough, but with some of the rest of the NFC stubbing their toes...it just might.

Division is out but a wild card should be reasonable given 2 extra free wins on the schedule.

We were going to beat garopolo regardless. He's not all that.

I think the offense is miles ahead of where it was at any point last season when we were solely relying on miracle 4th quarters by Wilson to save us.
I think the defense is better now than it finished last season.
I think our kicking game is somewhat better than last year.

I think this is a 10-6 team that plays a very tough schedule since the Rams, NFC North, AFC West are no jokes this year. So it may plane out at 8-8. Yes we get 4 easy opponents, but most other teams do as well. So I wouldn't go talking "gifts".

classicaaron

Reaction score
before the season started I had them at 9-7 but at the bye I had them 5-1 so I find it really hard to believe they can win 6 more out of the remaining schedule to get to that mark. its just the second half of the schedule is much tougher than the first half. but with that said a lot of these teams also aren't as good as they are supposed to be. im still thinking 8-8 but even that may be a chance at a wild card this year.

chawx

Reaction score
Some media people had Seattle at 4-12. Lol.

We are a legit 9-10 win team and should win 11 by end of year if RW and the stars stay relatively healthy (this includes Frank "PAY HIM NOW" Clark, dude is a beast!). One thing is for sure, it's going to be fun to watch this young group grow.

FormerEvil

Reaction score
adeltaY":4m8x0e1c said:
Playing at this level, there's no reason they shouldn't.

7-3 over the next stretch seems tough on paper, but, again, if they continue to build on recent success, they should make it happen. I'm not sure if they will, but we should expect them to, barring any major injuries. Wright should be back, and hopefully Dickson gives us something from the TE position.

You know what really gets me? This team could EASILY be 5-1. They got absolutely jobbed in Denver on the ref ignoring Pete's challenge flag on the turnover resulting in a Denver TD AND the blatant out of bound D. Thomas called TD that determined the outcome in the late 4th quarter. That game combined with a RIDICULOUS holding call on Fluker taking them out of FG range during the last drive of the Rams game. I trust Seabass would have at least a 75% chance of hitting that FG for the win. Instead, they picked up two loses and are sitting at 3-3. I guarantee if they sneak into the Playoffs, no one will actually want to play them. They've got an identity on offense, a young, hungry, play-making ball-hawk defense that creates turnovers, a 2.5 headed monster at RB, a surprisingly LEGIT WR corp with Brown and Moore showing themselves to be play-makers and of course, Russ. Throw in a dramatically improved O-line and that's a recipe for success.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
toffee":1mzkh4os said:
Seymour":1mzkh4os said:
Should is a stretch, could is getting a boost IMO. 8)

well said dude.

I am in this boat. Seems like Detroit was starting to do some squawking of its own. We need to get back to our area, clean up, take care of some business :( ....and then see what can happen in Detroit.

go hawks.