This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Indianapolis Colts

davidonmi

Reaction score
yeah some of them need a bit of a reality check. We are an undefeated team who just went into texas and won, predicting a win vs us is fine. Something like 24-20. But everyone seems to be predicting us to lose by at least 14. I find that to be ridiculous. We aren't going 16-0, but with our defense we will never get blown out

peytonmanning18

Reaction score
davidonmi":loind8xj said:
yeah some of them need a bit of a reality check. We are an undefeated team who just went into texas and won, predicting a win vs us is fine. Something like 24-20. But everyone seems to be predicting us to lose by at least 14. I find that to be ridiculous. We aren't going 16-0, but with our defense we will never get blown out

I haven't read the predictions on our board so I don't know what's going on but I definitely think the Colts can win this game. I think it'll be low scoring because your defense is full of studs and ours has been playing very well. Granted a good high school team could shut down Jacksonville but still.

davidonmi

Reaction score
peytonmanning18":17ihh6kx said:
davidonmi":17ihh6kx said:

I haven't read the predictions on our board so I don't know what's going on but I definitely think the Colts can win this game. I think it'll be low scoring because your defense is full of studs and ours has been playing very well. Granted a good high school team could shut down Jacksonville but still.
yeah, I'm wavering on this game, good matchup for us however it's going to be tough. I think we win cause Lynch has a big game, I remember gore went for 100 on only 13 carries. Proabably 23-19 or something like that

Vance87

Reaction score
peytonmanning18":2yzegk8k said:
BlueThunder":2yzegk8k said:
Yes, welcome Colts_87. You are the kind of opposing fan that is more than welcome here. Though I must admit, I haven't seen any Colt trolls yet. Being undefeated kinda helps with that little problem... :D

There will be some Colt troll before long but most Colts fans are pretty chill, with that being said, many of them are severely lacking in football knowledge and look at everything through their blue shaded glasses. If you go to the Colts.com forum, you will see what I mean. I've been banned from their at least 5 times because I speak the truth and don't sugar coat things.

Haha, what's up buddy. PM18 is a cool cat.

OrFan

Reaction score
Colts_87":kq01qk56 said:
Hi seahawks fans. Lookin forward to a good game this sunday, should be an interesting matchup. Indy and Seattle both handled SF in similar fashion and I believe the Colts and Seahawks match up well. Colts are a much improved team this year coming off last years 11-5 record and i'm expecting a decent playoff potential. I'm not a blind homer and will admit that Seattle has some great talent on their team but I see this being a very close game. Colts defense is solid and has only aloud 2 passing TDs so far this season, none in the last 2 weeks. (correct me if i'm wrong) Luck is going to have a very hard time throwing the ball against your secondary, the key to the colts winning is going to be in bradshaw and richardson.

Good luck come sunday and hoping for an exciting injury free game :th2thumbs:

http://forums.colts.com/forum/4-colts-football/

^much better Colts forum by the way.

This forum cracks me up. Read this:http://forums.colts.com/topic/21148-this-weeks-enemy-fan-forums-the-indianapolis-colts/

They deleted posts that mentioned this site because they do not want people to link to other fan sites. They are afraid of other team's posters coming to their site and posting. Lame. Not the members of the site, but the people who run it.

chris98251

Reaction score
Jeez, Colt fans, do ya have to be so nice and get all Mayberry on us here, good posts from you guys.

OffensivelyPC

Reaction score
chris98251":1wdnwlvh said:
Jeez, Colt fans, do ya have to be so nice and get all Mayberry on us here, good posts from you guys.
Ha. We, and by we, I mean reasonable Colts fans, don't want to take the 49ers approach for two reasons. Reason #1 - 29-3. Reason #2, we just like to engage in friendly conversations. Yeah, both fan bases may have some heated arguments, but that's what makes sports fun. No reason to get hostile about it. So from one fan to another, good luck, but I hope we crush you!

That being said, I like the matchups between these teams. I think you guys have an obvious edge in the secondary - best secondary in the league and not afraid to admit it - but I think that Luck can take advantage over the middle of the field if we can keep Earl Thomas occupied. Dude is a ball hawk. But we have to have to be affective running the ball - a tall order. Both teams haven't been outstanding defending the run, but they have their moments. For instance, Colts let the 49ers run roughshod on them on the first two drives, letting them go for 85 yards on like 8 or 9 carries. After that, they shut Gore down. You guys did the same thing to Gore all game long and while Kaepernick ran a bunch, Luck doesn't run that much - he's just effective when he does.

Goodwin Seahawk

Reaction score
I cannot stomach the Colts any longer. I used to consider them benign, a team who sucked so bad that they got the first overall pick to draft Peyton Manning – ok, I can accept that and I even rooted for them a handful of times. The year Peyton doesn’t play because of injury, they are again the worst team in the NFL and draft Andrew Luck with the first overall pick. Nobody will convince me that they didn’t take an intentional dive that year just so they could draft Luck. Miraculously, Luck’s rookie year saw the Colts back in the playoffs? I hope the Seahawks crush their will this Sunday.

They sucked so bad - TWICE - to draft potential HOF QB's. BS!

hawker84

Reaction score
Let your fans know our enemy forum is not to encite a board war as some of them claim, it's to provide links to enemy boards so we can get a sense as to what the other team fans think about the matchup, and some of us like to register and have discussions.. Not to talk smack, well the majority of us anyways.

Enemy forum sounds harsh, but it's not what it seems. So let them know they can put down their pitchforks for now..

As for reading some of the predictions over there, i'll just say they're a very confident bunch to say the least. 30+ points on the Seahawks D? Ok...

curiousgeorge

Reaction score
Hi, Colts fan here. Being objective as possible the Colts have likely the best defense they've had since their Super Bowl winning team. Their cornerbacks and safeties are all above average and the reason the Colts held down Kaepernick all day. The 49ers had Vernon Davis out and no quality receivers outside of Boldin so they were able to keep containment on him from running and got coverage sacks all day while playing man. As far as their front 7 Jerrell Freeman and Robert Mathis have both been monsters though Mathis does often suffer on run plays. Outside of that its definitely the soft spot of the defense. On the 49ers one scoring drive Gore trashed the Colts front 7 for huge runs though curious 49ers play calling and an eventual large Colts lead prevented him from going off all day. While the Seahawks do have better receiver talent than the 49ers, I expect their game plan to be roughly the same.

Overall I think the current spread is fairly correct and a score of Seahawks 20 Colts 17 would be my honest prediction. While I do think the Colts are underrated by the media even after outscoring their opponents 64 to 10 their last two games and only allowing one touchdown in the last 10 quarters I don't think their offense can do enough unless Bradshaw is healthy enough to play which doesn't look good. Trent Richardson hasn't shown he can run for more than 2 yards a pop consistently and Donald Brown is awful in pass blocking. If Bradshaw is good to go with this game being at home I'd upgrade it to a coin flip. Either way I'm just excited to see how well the Colts can perform against a team that I respectfully fear in the Seahawks.

Colts_87

Reaction score
Goodwin Seahawk":sv91pm46 said:
I cannot stomach the Colts any longer. I used to consider them benign, a team who sucked so bad that they got the first overall pick to draft Peyton Manning – ok, I can accept that and I even rooted for them a handful of times. The year Peyton doesn’t play because of injury, they are again the worst team in the NFL and draft Andrew Luck with the first overall pick. Nobody will convince me that they didn’t take an intentional dive that year just so they could draft Luck. Miraculously, Luck’s rookie year saw the Colts back in the playoffs? I hope the Seahawks crush their will this Sunday.

Oh man this gave me a good laugh. How ignorant are you? Sounding like a childish conspiracy theorist.

Largent80

Reaction score
Colts_87":gz7foxwj said:
Goodwin Seahawk":gz7foxwj said:

Oh man this gave me a good laugh. How ignorant are you? Sounding like a childish conspiracy theorist.

That was rather amazing and safe to say he is alone in his thought process.

Goodwin Seahawk

Reaction score
Colts_87":35jxznix said:
Goodwin Seahawk":35jxznix said:

Please attack the post, not the poster. You were not personally ridiculed for your opinions. I have no ill will toward the Colt fans; I don't like the Colt organization for what I perceive. I don't believe they made much of an effort to win more than 2 games the season before the highest profile college QB since Peyton Manning came out of college.

I very well might be in the minority, but I'm not the only one who thinks the Colts tanked in 2011 in the Suck for Luck sweepstakes.

Colts_87

Reaction score
Goodwin Seahawk":2zdqcss2 said:
Colts_87":2zdqcss2 said:
Goodwin Seahawk":2zdqcss2 said:

Please attack the post, not the poster. You were not personally ridiculed for your opinions. I have no ill will toward the Colt fans; I don't like the Colt organization for what I perceive. I don't believe they made much of an effort to win more than 2 games the season before the highest profile college QB since Peyton Manning came out of college.

I very well might be in the minority, but I'm not the only one who thinks the Colts tanked in 2011 in the Suck for Luck sweepstakes.

Fair enough, my apologies.

What can I say though, the organization knows how to run a successful football team. 10+ years of being playoff worthy? I honestly don't care if they tanked 2011 for another 10 years. Wouldn't you say the same if it was your team in that position?

peytonmanning18

Reaction score
No one will ever convince me that the Colts purposely tanked. The head coach, the general manager, the team president, the quarterback, and most of the coaching staff all lost their jobs because of the ineptitude of the 2011 season. That team was basically coached by Peyton Manning, he ran the practices, he called the plays, that entire organization revolved around him. Jim Caldwell was a pushover and no one in that organization had the balls to ever put PM in his place when it was needed. I think Manning is one of the top 3 QBs of all time, but IMO he had too much control over that team and that is why 2011 happened.

With that being said, I would support them 100% if they actually did tank. Drafting Luck and setting yourself up for the next 15 years was more important than winning 5 games instead of 2 in 2011.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
The guy is a brand new poster, and does not represent the veteran posters here at .Net. I seriously couldn't imagine any "Professional" sports team ever purposely "tanking" anything. That would go against the very fiber of every player with the moxie to actually make it to the pro ranks. Can you imagine that coach's pep talk? "Ok guys, for Christ's sake, don't block them! Let them score at will! And if I see one of you get a sack, you're OFF THE TEAM! We need that number 1 pick man!" Sounds pretty stupid huh? Do you really think all 53 players would keep their mouths shut after being asked to lose a game? It's BS, so STFU!

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
peytonmanning18":qdsb9cdi said:
With that being said, I would support them 100% if they actually did tank. Drafting Luck and setting yourself up for the next 15 years was more important than winning 5 games instead of 2 in 2011.

That attitude won't get you many friends 'round here, but you seem ok so far... Though I find that attitude despicable... And makes me wish bad things for the Colts. Starting this Sunday.

rjas77

Reaction score
Colts_87":3w3u5z0h said:
What can I say though, the organization knows how to run a successful football team. 10+ years of being playoff worthy? I honestly don't care if they tanked 2011 for another 10 years. Wouldn't you say the same if it was your team in that position?

I think that's the point of the thinking they purposely tanked the 2011 season. I also think they purposely tanked so they can have the top pick. A lot of things point to such

I do care if a team purposely throws games as the fans of all teams pay big money and expect thier team and the team their playing against to play their best because of it. There was a lot of talk on another Hawks board that we should tank the same season so we also could pick Luck with the first pick.

Thankfully most of the posters and especially the team emphatically rejected the idea.

Colts_87

Reaction score
rjas77":1i6cum9r said:
Colts_87":1i6cum9r said:

I think that's the point of the thinking they purposely tanked the 2011 season. I also think they purposely tanked so they can have the top pick. A lot of things point to such

I do care if a team purposely throws games as the fans of all teams pay big money and expect thier team and the team their playing against to play their best because of it. There was a lot of talk on another Hawks board that we should tank the same season so we also could pick Luck with the first pick.

Thankfully most of the posters and especially the team emphatically rejected the idea.

It's already been said, people had jobs on the line, fans to please, tanking a season is an outrageously stupid idea. Bitter taste is everyone's mouth for an unproven NFL QB just to get a draft pick. They fired half the coaches for christ's sake. Am I over 2011? You're damn right I am. Do I think they tanked it? No and I never will.

Coltsfan Denmark

Reaction score
Hello Seahawks fans

Im a Colts fan from Denmark, and first of all, I would like to say, that I really look forward to the game against your team on sunday, like was it a super bowl. Because it will be a very good and exciting game to watch for everyone, no matter the outcome. I hope the colts win, no surprise there, but your team is really playing some darn good football, and I have you going to the Super Bowl, if you nail home-field advantage through the Playoff.

The game on sunday, well it´s a 50/50 game as I see it, and not a 80/20 game, as if it was played in Seattle, where you are ridiculous and scary good.

Those colts fans who believe it will be a game where we put 30+ point on the board, might be wrong, but no matter if its a high or low scoring game, I think it will all come down to the last possession, and hopefully we manage to pull a win.

Ever since I started to follow NFL on Danish TV, I actually always have liked you team, and felt sorry for you, when you lost the Super Bowl, but off course in this game I cheer for the colts.

My question for you guys, is not so much about sundays game, but more about how you see your chances this year going forward and possible chances for a super bowl.
I know you really have a great team, and a young future franchise QB i Russel "last name" Wilson, but do you think he can take you all the way this year when facing Peyton Manning or Brady in the Superbowl?
I would say no not yet, because I don´t think that he can put enough points on the board against either Denver or New England in a Super bowl, but again defense wins championships, so it´s possible.

I hope you can tell me what you think, with more than a "yes, off course he can" answer.

Thorsten Kudahl Kristensen, Denmark

Latest posts