Throwback Jerseys

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Which actual legit time period throwback jerseys do you have?? I gotta Ricky Watters and Steve Largent.
Ken Easley, Cortez, Mike Sinclair, Watters, Shaun Alexander, Shawn Springs, Kitna, Chad Brown, John Randle, Levon Kirkland.

I'm wearing my Kitna on Sunday, in honor or Geno.... but might change my mind and go full Kenny.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Which actual legit time period throwback jerseys do you have?? I gotta Ricky Watters and Steve Largent.

I've got a Zorn throwback. I'm not sure what you mean by "actual legit time period throwback jerseys." If you mean bought when the player was actually on the team, well, that wouldn't be a throwback.

At some point, I lost the numberless royal-blue Seahawks jersey I got when Zorn was actually the Seahawks' starting QB. I played about a jillion pickup football games in my neighborhood in that jersey. I always intended to put the number 10 and probably the name ZORN on the jersey with the numbers-and-letters kit I got with it, but I never got around to doing it. The jersey was at my mom's house in Maine, but at some point it just disappeared.

I bought my Zorn throwback jersey in 2018 to celebrate getting a new job, and I wore it to my first-ever Seahawks home game in 2019, more than 43 years after I became a Seahawks fan.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I've got a Zorn throwback. I'm not sure what you mean by "actual legit time period throwback jerseys." If you mean bought when the player was actually on the team, well, that wouldn't be a throwback.

At some point, I lost the numberless royal-blue Seahawks jersey I got when Zorn was actually the Seahawks' starting QB. I played about a jillion pickup football games in my neighborhood in that jersey. I always intended to put the number 10 and probably the name ZORN on the jersey with the numbers-and-letters kit I got with it, but I never got around to doing it. The jersey was at my mom's house in Maine, but at some point it just disappeared.

I bought my Zorn throwback jersey in 2018 to celebrate getting a new job, and I wore it to my first-ever Seahawks home game in 2019, more than 43 years after I became a Seahawks fan.
I'm sorry but even Me3 was better than Zorny.

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score

I meant not a new one from this year.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I'm sorry but even Me3 was better than Zorny.

🤷‍♂️ Did anyone say anything different?
In the '70s, I was a Seahawks fan, I was just about always the quarterback on offense in neighborhood games, even though I was small for my age and playing with older kids, and Zorn was the Seahawks' quarterback, so it was pretty natural that he became my first childhood sports hero. It didn't bother me that he was (still is!) left-handed and I'm right-handed.

I know the difference between the best players and my favorite players. Zorn is one of my all-time favorites. I don't need to try to cherry-pick data to try to prove he's one of the best the way rcaido so pathetically does for RW3-and-out. Zorn was a decent NFL QB in his time, and despite Zorn being my first childhood sports hero, I never resented Krieg for taking the starting job from him, because it was clear to me that Krieg was better than Zorn at that point.

One of the greatest sports-fan moments in my life was getting to tell Zorn to his face after the Seahawks game in Foxborough in September of 1984 (by which time he was Krieg's backup) that I had had his autographed picture framed on the wall of my room in Kennebunk, Maine for several years. I still have that pic, and it's still in the same frame I bought for it with allowance money in the 1970s. And now you know my real first name.
Zorn autographed

Last edited:

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Different players --- but Zorn definitely had the same quality as Russ in that he was better when the play broke down. He could throw on the run with the best of them. His development was definitely hindered by injuries and playing on the concrete slab which was our Kingdome.

But really, this isn't about how great a QB he was, it's about the memories.... and he had plenty of those.

Boohman14

Reaction score
I have a beat to hell Rawling s(i think) Mike Curtis Jersey from 1977. You can still make out 34. I didn't wear it much at first. I was 13 when I got it and it was extra large. It still fits now but it's crunch and rough plus it's a little snug.
Other than that I've preferred "Fan Jerseys" because i feel ishy about wearing another man's name.

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I have a beat to hell Rawling s(i think) Mike Curtis Jersey from 1977. You can still make out 34. I didn't wear it much at first. I was 13 when I got it and it was extra large. It still fits now but it's crunch and rough plus it's a little snug.
Other than that I've preferred "Fan Jerseys" because i feel ishy about wearing another man's name.
I have a fan jersey but its kinda weird having fan on the back...from here on out I'd only buy a legend jersey like a Chancellor or Lynch as players seem to leave teams and piss off fans in the process...like you know who... Lockett or Wagner would be a future purchase and the legend of Bobo 😄.

I have a ET3 and it stays in the closet.....

Slick

Reaction score
I had a Joe ‘Vicious blueberry but it’s missing. That was my favorite one and done Seahawk in history.

Fernie Hawks Fan

Reaction score
My first was a Largent jersey purchased in '78...next was a Zorn bought a year later...got a Tez jersey in '93 (I believe)...unfortunately lost them all to a flooded basement.
I thought my life had come to an end.😭

IndyHawk

Reaction score
🤷‍♂️ Did anyone say anything different?
In the '70s, I was a Seahawks fan, I was just about always the quarterback on offense in neighborhood games, even though I was small for my age and playing with older kids, and Zorn was the Seahawks' quarterback, so it was pretty natural that he became my first childhood sports hero. It didn't bother me that he was (still is!) left-handed and I'm right-handed.

I know the difference between the best players and my favorite players. Zorn is one of my all-time favorites. I don't need to try to cherry-pick data to try to prove he's one of the best the way rcaido so pathetically does for RW3-and-out. Zorn was a decent NFL QB in his time, and despite Zorn being my first childhood sports hero, I never resented Krieg for taking the starting job from him, because it was clear to me that Krieg was better than Zorn at that point.

One of the greatest sports-fan moments in my life was getting to tell Zorn to his face after the Seahawks game in Foxborough in September of 1984 (by which time he was Krieg's backup) that I had had his autographed picture framed on the wall of my room in Kennebunk, Maine for several years. I still have that pic, and it's still in the same frame I bought for it with allowance money in the 1970s. And now you know my real first name.
View attachment 61406
Good story..