TJack re-signed and back in Seattle!

Jville

Reaction score
68b9be576e9ddf814cad8a1036efa7eb.jpeg

.....WELCOME BACK.....

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Great news. Apart from the fact that he's a great backup, I really think he is great for the locker room chemistry. He is really respected.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
It's amazing how much his reputation has improved since the days he was lambasted as our starter.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":2vyh0rhr said:
It's amazing how much his reputation has improved since the days he was lambasted as our starter.

Jackson still isn't going to ever be the answer at starting quarterback, but he's solid enough to be a very good back up and that's what we need him for. There's a big difference between liking a guy and thinking he's going to be your franchise qb.

OP
OP
jblaze

jblaze

Reaction score
No update on the contract terms yet. That will likely come out tomorrow.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
My unenlightened opinion: I'm guessing that his agent knows that Vick will probably find a home somewhere, but Jackson might not. Makes sense as a two-for-one.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
kidhawk":2eds3ioq said:
Kennedyin92":2eds3ioq said:

Jackson still isn't going to ever be the answer at starting quarterback, but he's solid enough to be a very good back up and that's what we need him for. There's a big difference between liking a guy and thinking he's going to be your franchise qb.

The difference between a solid backup and lower tier starting quarterbacks is negligible. But the difference between backing up the Seattle Seahawks and starting for one of the teams those lower tier guys start on is about 25 draft spots and a shot at the Lombardi trophy.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
kidhawk":2fzbn7p7 said:
DynoHawk":2fzbn7p7 said:
kidhawk":2fzbn7p7 said:
Glad he's back. My only wish is it would have come earlier so we could have not ever had to read about the team possibly considering Vick.

Coincidence? We hear Carroll is considering Vick, then TJack resigns. Nice pressure move by PC and Schneider

not sure if it's true, but someone said in the other thread that Vick and T-Jack have the same agent. If that's true, then his agent would know if the Seahawks were truly showing any interest in Vick. Either way, I'm glad he's back. He's well liked, and knows our system.

Or maybe the agent leaked that to get one of them signed too. After all he only makes money when a deal is signed, whether its Vick or TJack.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
Its a great move to send your backup QB do coinflips. I've never seen another team in the NFL do this, and yet it makes total sense.

kidhawk

Reaction score
hieroglyphics":24cpe6s3 said:
kidhawk":24cpe6s3 said:
DynoHawk":24cpe6s3 said:
kidhawk":24cpe6s3 said:
Glad he's back. My only wish is it would have come earlier so we could have not ever had to read about the team possibly considering Vick.

Coincidence? We hear Carroll is considering Vick, then TJack resigns. Nice pressure move by PC and Schneider

not sure if it's true, but someone said in the other thread that Vick and T-Jack have the same agent. If that's true, then his agent would know if the Seahawks were truly showing any interest in Vick. Either way, I'm glad he's back. He's well liked, and knows our system.

Or maybe the agent leaked that to get one of them signed too. After all he only makes money when a deal is signed, whether its Vick or TJack.

Honestly, the article just read like Clayton speculation....Vick not being signed anywhere and Seattle still needing a backup qb. I doubt anyone actually leaked anything.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":2rgve2gs said:
Hasselbeck":2rgve2gs said:
T-Jack better bring it during camp.. Jon Ryan has that #2 QB spot in his sights

EXACTLY......one for one on TD efforts. 3 for 3 on pass attempts. What would that be on Quarterback Rating? Maybe RW should be looking out for JR. :shock:

Don't forget his read-option #skills that he showed against the Redskins on MNF

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Ad Hawk":cfzeyt9w said:
Where's ZebD with the cheers?

Peaches stole my thunder, the goddam ballbeg.

Oh well. We've reason to celebrate and celebrate we shall! TJ! TJ! TJ!

kidhawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":3904yolp said:
I love having Tjack as our 2nd.

I hated the price tag. Hope it's better now.
Anybody know what the hit is?

I wouldn't expect there to be much difference in salary. I believe he's at the level of service where his minimum would be $870,000. Getting him for $1.25 million wouldn't be all that much extra really.