jblaze

Reaction score
Numbers are in:

1.5m/1 yr fully guaranteed contract

Same as last year.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Number of Super Bowls we've been to in the last 5 years without TJ! on the roster: 0.

Pretty telling IMO.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
rideaducati":1mts9el5 said:
dontbelikethat":1mts9el5 said:

That is how I will feel when Tarvaris gets cut.

Which is completely and utterly ridiculous and borderline delusional.

I'd trust TJ! to run our team if Wilson were injured more than I'd trust any other backup QB in the league. He's got the respect of the locker room, the trust of the coaches, and by all reports is an excellent teammate in the film room who has helped with Wilson's development. Obviously, he's not on Wilson's level as a starter, but that's not why we've brought him in.

And here's another thing... TJ! wasn't nearly as bad as people here make him out to have been. When the team was leaning on him more early in the 2011 season, he struggled some. But that was when Carroll and Bevell were experimenting with the no huddle. However, once they sobered up and realized that the strength of the team was defense and the run game, they received much better results from Jackson. Look at his performances from the Baltimore game to the end of the season. His turnover rate dropped significantly, his completion percentages went up, and the team began winning (and when they lost, it was a close loss).

TJ! is an asset to this team, a security blanket that can and will do what's asked of him by the coaching staff. No, he doesn't have that spark that Wilson possesses that puts this team over the top into contender status, but if we have to go without Wilson for a couple of games, Jackson is a better option to hold down the fort than any other backup out there. That's more valuable than it appears you understand.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":24o6nw35 said:
rideaducati":24o6nw35 said:
dontbelikethat":24o6nw35 said:

I'd trust TJ! to run our team if Wilson were injured more than I'd trust any other backup QB in the league. He's got the respect of the locker room, the trust of the coaches, and by all reports is an excellent teammate in the film room who has helped with Wilson's development. Obviously, he's not on Wilson's level as a starter, but that's not why we've brought him in.

And here's another thing... TJ! wasn't nearly as bad as people here make him out to have been. When the team was leaning on him more early in the 2011 season, he struggled some. But that was when Carroll and Bevell were experimenting with the no huddle. However, once they sobered up and realized that the strength of the team was defense and the run game, they received much better results from Jackson. Look at his performances from the Baltimore game to the end of the season. His turnover rate dropped significantly, his completion percentages went up, and the team began winning (and when they lost, it was a close loss).

TJ! is an asset to this team, a security blanket that can and will do what's asked of him by the coaching staff. No, he doesn't have that spark that Wilson possesses that puts this team over the top into contender status, but if we have to go without Wilson for a couple of games, Jackson is a better option to hold down the fort than any other backup out there. That's more valuable than it appears you understand.

Spot on Volsung!!!!! :229031_cheers:

Tarvaris has epitomized the backup quarterback role and has been a good mentor to Russell's development since he was reacquired from the downtrodden Bills in 2013. Of course he aspired to be a starter ... I wouldn't want a backup who didn't have that drive .... but once he settled into that role, he's been a valuable asset during the Hawks' Super Bowl runs.
Here's hoping we don't have to turn to him this upcoming season, right, but if that became necessary, we'd still be in pretty decent hands. Skol Hawks!!!

kidhawk

Reaction score
jblaze":37cvkiqj said:
Numbers are in:

1.5m/1 yr fully guaranteed contract

Same as last year.

that would be 250,000 more than last year. His 2014 salary was $1.25 million IIRC

rideaducati

Reaction score
volsunghawk":hvv5nabz said:
rideaducati":hvv5nabz said:
dontbelikethat":hvv5nabz said:

The Seahawks lost more games because of Tarvaris than you all remember and he was responsible for zero wins. There wasn't a single game that wouldn't have been won with any other NFL QB. Charlie Whitehurst had the only come from behind win the year Tarvaris was the starter.

Trying to tell me that NO other QB could have gotten 14 touchdowns and 7 wins with that team is foolish and no matteer what you try to sell me, I ain't gonna buy it. Tarvaris was awful to watch and like any security blanket, will be useless if you really need it.

Tarvaris has been a great backup because he hasn't had to play and I don't mind him being the backup as long as that continues. Trust Tarvaris all you want, I'll pray that I never get to see him play again.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Sorry, but whether you like it or not, a quarterback bears a large part in taking responsibility for a team's success or lack thereof, and with Tarvaris at the helm, the Hawks won 5 of their final 8 games of the 2011 season and would have defeated Arizona in the season finale had Hauschka converted a fairly easy field goal in the second half of an overtime game. It was at that point that many 12s point to as the turning point for this franchise to get back on track.
Tarvaris was very, very much a part of that resurgency and to not accept that is a bit ignorant.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":30cz4yi9 said:
Sorry, but whether you like it or not, a quarterback bears a large part in taking responsibility for a team's success or lack thereof, and with Tarvaris at the helm, the Hawks won 5 of their final 8 games of the 2011 season and would have defeated Arizona in the season finale had Hauschka converted a fairly easy field goal in the second half of an overtime game. It was at that point that many 12s point to as the turning point for this franchise to get back on track.
Tarvaris was very, very much a part of that resurgency and to not accept that is a bit ignorant.

I'm not arguing that a qb is not a large part of success of a team...I'm arguing that Tarvaris was no larger part of the team's success than just about ANY other qb would have been. Yay... the Seahawks won 5 of their final 8 games with Tarvaris. ..I would argue that they wouldn't have lost six of their first 8 with any other NFL qb. We'll never know and unless Tarvaris is forced into a starting role again and does well, you'll NEVER convince me otherwise.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Glad TJack is back. I didn't like him as a starting QB but he does have starting experience and has proved he can be .500 QB in the NFL. That's all you can ask for in a backup. I'm nore comfortable with him as #2 QB than I am with an ex-AFL QB who is a never is/was and another QB who is taking reps at other positions currently. Never heard of RJ Archer until he signed with the Seahawks. I knew of Kurt Warner before he took over the Rams. Not every ex-AFL guy can be Warner. I'd rather take a guy who's played in the NFL and be viewed as unsuccessful than a guy who's played in AFL (on a 50 yard field) and was deemed successful.

captSE

Reaction score
Why all the joy? People act like this is Joe Montana and Steve Young.
All you happy people must sit on the front row section and are hoping for a pass thrown your way.

Juusst kidddding.....

...no I'm not.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
captSE":1ictuo4t said:
Why all the joy? People act like this is Joe Montana and Steve Young.
All you happy people must sit on the front row section and are hoping for a pass thrown your way.

Juusst kidddding.....

...no I'm not.

Tarvaris is a capable backup, with starting experience here, who understands our system extremely well. If Wilson, god forbid, had to leave a game with something like a concussion, it's good to know that we have someone capable of pulling through and managing the game. Tarvaris is our insurance, and I hope we never have to use it.

jonkchar

Reaction score
2011 was when the Seahawks started to get their mojo. The team started to *believe*. They rallied around their quarterback. Even today, current players were tweeting out to TJack wondering where he was (during OTAs). That's the sign of a player you want in your locker room, on the field, playing mop-up in Super Bowl 48. Wherever. Welcome back TJack!

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
TJ! TJ! TJ!

Haters gonna hate baby boy, keep ya head up. They (he) hate(s) us cuz they(he) ain't us!

volsunghawk

Reaction score
rideaducati":1404vp4f said:
volsunghawk":1404vp4f said:
rideaducati":1404vp4f said:
dontbelikethat":1404vp4f said:

The Seahawks lost more games because of Tarvaris than you all remember and he was responsible for zero wins. There wasn't a single game that wouldn't have been won with any other NFL QB. Charlie Whitehurst had the only come from behind win the year Tarvaris was the starter.

Trying to tell me that NO other QB could have gotten 14 touchdowns and 7 wins with that team is foolish and no matteer what you try to sell me, I ain't gonna buy it. Tarvaris was awful to watch and like any security blanket, will be useless if you really need it.

Tarvaris has been a great backup because he hasn't had to play and I don't mind him being the backup as long as that continues. Trust Tarvaris all you want, I'll pray that I never get to see him play again.

You are wrong on every count.

Oh, and if you want to talk about Whitehurst and his amazing "come from behind" win, recall that when he came in, the game was tied 14-14. And then here's what he did in his incredible QB work:

1st drive - 0 1st downs. Then Jon Ryan pinned the Giants at their 5. Safety on the next play puts Seattle up 16-14.
2nd drive - 1 1st down on a pass to Tate. Whitehurst took a sack on 3rd and 10 to kill the drive. Punt
3rd drive - 2 1st downs, one passing and one on Lynch's legs. Whitehurst took a sack on 3rd and 5 to almost push the Hawks out of FG range. Luckily, Hauschka made it from 51. Seattle up 19-14. The Giants followed that with a TD and 2 point conversion to take the lead, 22-19.
4th drive - 1 1st down to Baldwin, 2 other incompletions. Punt.
5th drive - Hawks take over at the Giants 25 after Kam forces a fumble! 3 straight incompletions, FG. Score tied 22-22. Giants retake the lead on the next drive with a FG.
6th drive - This is Whitehurst's ONE good drive on the day, and it gave the team the lead. The defense sealed the deal afterward.

1 good drive out of 6. Impressive. But if Whitehurst gets credit for that, then you have to give Jackson credit for his 13-10 come from behind win against Arizona. Jackson ran the ball in from 11 yards out in the 3rd quarter when the team was down 10-6, and those were the final points scored. He scored Seattle's only TD in that game.

Now, you provide EVIDENCE of the games Seattle lost specifically because of Jackson.

Was it the first SF game when he had the Hawks within 2 points in the 4th quarter on the road, and then watched special teams give up 2 return TDs?

Was it the Washington game, when he had the Hawks up 10 with 12 and a half minutes left in the game, and then saw the Seattle D just buckle under Rex Grossman and Roy Helu for the next 6 minutes?

Was it the 2nd SF game, when Seattle was up 17-16 in the 4th, and the Hawks gave up a long Smith-to-Crabtree completion that put them in FG range? Seattle's last scoring threat was ended due to a Jackson sack/fumble, but couldn't we suggest the O-line had some responsibility there?

Was it the 2nd Arizona game, when the defense in OT gave up a 71-yard FG drive to John Skelton and Larod Stephens-Howling?

You act as if Jackson deserves NONE of the credit for any win Seattle got that season, but ALL of the blame for every loss. It's just stupid.

Clayfighter

Reaction score
"Was it the first SF game when he had the Hawks within 2 points in the 4th quarter on the road, and then watched special teams give up 2 return TDs?"

I was at this game and it sucked. Big time. I hated Ted Ginn so much and our special teams looked inept. I had to suffer in Candlestink Park that day and endure the heckling of drunken women that showed up just to hang out with their boyfriends. :pukeface: :49ersmall:

rideaducati

Reaction score
volsunghawk":pb06qg1e said:
You are wrong on every count.

Oh, and if you want to talk about Whitehurst and his amazing "come from behind" win, recall that when he came in, the game was tied 14-14. And then here's what he did in his incredible QB work:

1st drive - 0 1st downs. Then Jon Ryan pinned the Giants at their 5. Safety on the next play puts Seattle up 16-14.
2nd drive - 1 1st down on a pass to Tate. Whitehurst took a sack on 3rd and 10 to kill the drive. Punt
3rd drive - 2 1st downs, one passing and one on Lynch's legs. Whitehurst took a sack on 3rd and 5 to almost push the Hawks out of FG range. Luckily, Hauschka made it from 51. Seattle up 19-14. The Giants followed that with a TD and 2 point conversion to take the lead, 22-19.
4th drive - 1 1st down to Baldwin, 2 other incompletions. Punt.
5th drive - Hawks take over at the Giants 25 after Kam forces a fumble! 3 straight incompletions, FG. Score tied 22-22. Giants retake the lead on the next drive with a FG.
6th drive - This is Whitehurst's ONE good drive on the day, and it gave the team the lead. The defense sealed the deal afterward.

1 good drive out of 6. Impressive. But if Whitehurst gets credit for that, then you have to give Jackson credit for his 13-10 come from behind win against Arizona. Jackson ran the ball in from 11 yards out in the 3rd quarter when the team was down 10-6, and those were the final points scored. He scored Seattle's only TD in that game.

Now, you provide EVIDENCE of the games Seattle lost specifically because of Jackson.

Was it the first SF game when he had the Hawks within 2 points in the 4th quarter on the road, and then watched special teams give up 2 return TDs?

Was it the Washington game, when he had the Hawks up 10 with 12 and a half minutes left in the game, and then saw the Seattle D just buckle under Rex Grossman and Roy Helu for the next 6 minutes?

Was it the 2nd SF game, when Seattle was up 17-16 in the 4th, and the Hawks gave up a long Smith-to-Crabtree completion that put them in FG range? Seattle's last scoring threat was ended due to a Jackson sack/fumble, but couldn't we suggest the O-line had some responsibility there?

Was it the 2nd Arizona game, when the defense in OT gave up a 71-yard FG drive to John Skelton and Larod Stephens-Howling?

You act as if Jackson deserves NONE of the credit for any win Seattle got that season, but ALL of the blame for every loss. It's just stupid.

I am wrong on every count in your opinion and I am right in mine. You'll NEVER convince me that ANY FREAKING OTHER QB IN THE NFL couldn't have done more for the Seahawks that season...never. Tarvaris Jackson SUCKS.

Let's revisit the game against the cardinals. You know, the one where he had the go ahead drive in the third quarter... Tarvaris dinked and dunked on very short passes and the WRs did most of the work and then Tarvaris RAN THE BALL in for a touchdown. Whooptie freaking doo. ANY QB could have done that. The only reason he even ran the ball in was because he took too long to figure out what he should do. He was sooooooooo great in that game that he EARNED a 60 QB rating, not QBR mind you, QB rating...awesomesauce right there baby!!!! Irreplaceable!

You can suggest whatever you want to divert blame away from Tarvaris for that season. I won't buy it, but you can suggest it. Break out your calendar and track how long Tarvaris took on average before throwing the damn ball.

Evidence? Why would I spend time coming up with "evidence" to prove something about a player NEITHER of us EVER want to see play again for the Seahawks?