Tokadub's Power Rankings including Total Wins for every team

byau

Reaction score
Kidding aside, I think Tokadub you are on to something here with this prediction style.

For everyone else, there's this gem in one of his responses:

This is not a scientific exercise, all I was doing was looking at each team one by one and predicting how many games they would win using nothing more than their schedule.

When you think about it, that's almost what all analysts do.
I imagine their process is:

1) they go through the teams and schedules and put down a win-loss prediction for each team
2) they find their total win numbers don't add up.
3) they go through and tweak all their win-loss predictions so their win numbers add up.

Tokadub did ALMOST exact same thing.

1) he went through the teams and schedules and put down a win-loss prediction for each team
2) he found his total win numbers don't add up.
3) he said to himself "aw screw it, that'll take too long to fix ..forget that" and posted his win predictions as is.

That's pretty much it.

To be honest I don't think he'll be a lot closer or a lot farther than other analysts, esp, if he continues to grade himself on a standard deviation of +/- 2 to see how he's doing.

The one downside is without doing step 3) , he is guaranteed he will not be 100% correct since his win totals do not match up. But on the other hand, the chances of any analyst being 100% correct is like one in a gazillion (has it even happened ever?). So that's really a moo point anyway so why bother matching up the wins?

Not a bad idea Tokadub ... not bad.

Latest posts