Tony McDaniel is back

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
MysterMatt":3oj6xcz7 said:
Not to be Negative Nelly (that's someone else's job) but I'm looking forward to news of an upgrade. Thus far we've lost some of our key players and resigned nothing but role players. It will be interesting to see what Schneider has in mind, that's for sure.

Not sure which guys you are speaking of? Tate is the only guy that sniffs the realm of "Key player'" in my book.

McGruff

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2w5tl1gl said:
There is some crazy high speculation here about his numbers. Glad as hell you all aren't the GM!

This is more like it:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 4m
The #Seahawks have signed DT Tony McDaniel to a two-year deal with a max value of $6.3M, per source.

The $43 million was what other teams offered, but McDaniel gave the Hawks a home team discount.

Jville

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3mxkvf8n said:
There is some crazy high speculation here about his numbers. Glad as hell you all aren't the GM!

This is more like it:

The #Seahawks have signed DT Tony McDaniel to a two-year deal with a max value of $6.3M, per source.

Max value means ...... more performance and playing time variables. I like it.

sutz

Reaction score
MysterMatt":2hktgeq3 said:
Not to be Negative Nelly (that's someone else's job) but I'm looking forward to news of an upgrade. Thus far we've lost some of our key players and resigned nothing but role players. It will be interesting to see what Schneider has in mind, that's for sure.
3/4ths of the team is composed of "role players." :laugh:

I'm not sure what you mean by "key" players, but last I heard Sherm, Russ, ET, Bennett, Okung, Harvin, et al are still around. Tate is the closest to a "key" player we've lost, and as much as I love the kid, he's replaceable.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
sutz":rdbm4o9o said:
MysterMatt":rdbm4o9o said:
3/4ths of the team is composed of "role players." :laugh:

I'm not sure what you mean by "key" players, but last I heard Sherm, Russ, ET, Bennett, Okung, Harvin, et al are still around. Tate is the closest to a "key" player we've lost, and as much as I love the kid, he's replaceable.

Yeah, no lynchpins were lost and we are still looking fine.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
All our key players aren't free agent this year. The two biggest were Bennett and Tate and we've retained one of them. McDaniel may have been #3 on the list.

Don't worry, the Seahawks will still look just like the Seahawks next year. All the biggest stars are still here.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
MysterMatt":3a00m213 said:
I could do without news (now) of signing high priced players as questionable upgrades during the FA frenzy in favor of news (later) announcing extensions for Earl Thomas and Richard Sherman. I think the Hawks are still looking fine "as is" - plus, they've got talent waiting in the wings (from the 2013 draft class), 2014 draft, etc. But, yeah... news of a big splash can bring excitement. Ya neva know what JS might be up to.
:snack:
It's great to be Kings.

Basis4day

Reaction score
No player lasts forever. The team has high hopes for Scruggs and Hill. Bennett, Avril and McDaniel are all under contract.
We still have all our starting DBs and LBs.

Free Agency isn't over and the draft has yet to happen. We just one a superbowl due to adhering to JS and PC's plan. No reason, at all, to think the plan is going to suddenly fail us because we don't overspend on players.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
MysterMatt":1njqv3al said:

Big Tony is nothing but a role player? The dude started every single game (i'm pretty sure) on a historically good defense!

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!! :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
McGruff":13qdhglu said:
Seahawk Sailor":13qdhglu said:

This is more like it:

The $43 million was what other teams offered, but McDaniel gave the Hawks a home team discount.
:laugh:

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Jville":31y5s17t said:
Seahawk Sailor":31y5s17t said:

This is more like it:

Max value means ...... more performance and playing time variables. I like it.

YES YES YES

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Sounds like a reasonable deal. Without escalators, it's probably even much cheaper. Love it.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
McGruff":193w17zm said:
Seahawk Sailor":193w17zm said:

This is more like it:

That's not Costco... that's Walmart after Christmas sale discount... ;)

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
You people who took the 4/$42 million post seriously can't be for real.

Glad to see big Tony back, definitely an important piece of the puzzle. Wish he didn't cost quite that much but not surprised that he got a slightly better deal than McDonald.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Nice to see a guy back but kinda disappointed that we didn't keep the better Mcbrother considering he would have cost a similar amount.

McGruff

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":1oot2sk6 said:
Nice to see a guy back but kinda disappointed that we didn't keep the better Mcbrother considering he would have cost a similar amount.

McDaniel has a lot of similarities skill set wise to guys like Scruggs, Hill and Brooks. McDaniel was fairly unique as a long bodied run stuffer. He's what we needed.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":2tjzltd1 said:

Better by what metric?