Tony McDaniel is back

BC-Hawk

Reaction score
Nice to finally change the free agency momentum a bit. The last couple of days have been somewhat depressing. Welcome back, Tony!

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":1on3qbyu said:
You people who took the 4/$42 million post seriously can't be for real.

Glad to see big Tony back, definitely an important piece of the puzzle. Wish he didn't cost quite that much but not surprised that he got a slightly better deal than McDonald.
Excuse me while I pull this hook outta my mouth........

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":2l71t02b said:
Nice to see a guy back but kinda disappointed that we didn't keep the better Mcbrother considering he would have cost a similar amount.

Whaaaaaaaat? :thsnooty:

Chapow

Reaction score
HawkFan72":c61mxoue said:
Awesome news. With him and Bennett back, our D-line should perform about the same next year.

This is great news, happy to have McDaniel back.

Kinda doubt that our D-Line should perform about the same next year though. We still lost Big Red, Clem, and McDonald all of whom were significant contributors to the D-Line rotation.

brettb3

Reaction score
Chapow":21u0oknk said:
HawkFan72":21u0oknk said:
Awesome news. With him and Bennett back, our D-line should perform about the same next year.

Kinda doubt that our D-Line should perform about the same next year though. We still lost Big Red, Clem, and McDonald all of whom were significant contributors to the D-Line rotation.
And now we have money for replenishments, not to mention young guys who are looking to step up.

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2nz4z10n said:
SomersetHawk":2nz4z10n said:
Nice to see a guy back but kinda disappointed that we didn't keep the better Mcbrother considering he would have cost a similar amount.

Better by what metric?

The sacky kind...but we now know the money was not similar, so the point is moot.

Chapow

Reaction score
brettb3":3fwqs091 said:
Chapow":3fwqs091 said:
HawkFan72":3fwqs091 said:

And now we have money for replenishments, not to mention young guys who are looking to step up.

I don't really think that it's very realistic to expect that guys that were drafted in the mid rounds, spent the entire season on I.R., and haven't played in NFL before, are going to come in and be any where near as effective as the guys we lost.

brettb3

Reaction score
Chapow":j51asuq2 said:
brettb3":j51asuq2 said:
Chapow":j51asuq2 said:
HawkFan72":j51asuq2 said:

I don't really think that it's very realistic to expect that guys that were drafted in the mid rounds, spent the entire season on I.R., and haven't played in NFL before, are going to come in and be any where near as effective as the guys we lost.
Maybe. Maybe not. PCJS find guys like McDonald all the time. Red's role was diminished. Clem's production fell off dramatically. They have some money now to look for a vet to replace Clemons if they so choose. The guys who were least replaceable in my mind (Mebane, Bennett, Avril) will all be back.

McGruff

Reaction score
Chapow":o5hfpdjz said:
brettb3":o5hfpdjz said:
Chapow":o5hfpdjz said:
HawkFan72":o5hfpdjz said:

Yeah, why would we expect them to perform as well as a former failed DT who was on the verge of unemployment (Red), a former UDFA who was on his third team after being traded for peanuts (Clemons) and the guy who we got in exchange for Kelly Jennings (McDonald)?

Not saying it WILL happen, but just that this team and this coaching staff might not be the ones to be so skeptical of, given their track record . . .

MysterMatt

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":ybfbe8ms said:
MysterMatt":ybfbe8ms said:
Not to be Negative Nelly (that's someone else's job) but I'm looking forward to news of an upgrade. Thus far we've lost some of our key players and resigned nothing but role players. It will be interesting to see what Schneider has in mind, that's for sure.

Not sure which guys you are speaking of? Tate is the only guy that sniffs the realm of "Key player'" in my book.
You're right. Clemons sucks and it's always good to let the receivers you've developed walk.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
MysterMatt":35z06ld2 said:
CurryStopstheRuns":35z06ld2 said:
MysterMatt":35z06ld2 said:
Not to be Negative Nelly (that's someone else's job) but I'm looking forward to news of an upgrade. Thus far we've lost some of our key players and resigned nothing but role players. It will be interesting to see what Schneider has in mind, that's for sure.

Not sure which guys you are speaking of? Tate is the only guy that sniffs the realm of "Key player'" in my book.
You're right. Clemons sucks and it's always good to let the receivers you've developed walk.

So, you would suggest overpaying that wr talent just to keep them around? Tate is a replaceable talent. Clemons is 32 and hit 33 mid-season at a 9 million dollar cap hit. That and Avril and Bennett are younger and outperformed him. Your snarkiness is cute though sweetie.