Tony Romo Has A Broken Bone In His Back

Rat

Reaction score
I really would have liked to see what Kellen Moore could do with the job. Sucks that he's hurt too.

Time for them to swallow their pride and offer up a conditional 5th rounder to the Browns for Josh McCown. Tarvaris Jackson might be their best option.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3voz6klp said:
Do you guys like my new avatar?

No, not at all. That's a father, husband, and charitable citizen lying on the ground with a broken bone in his back.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3let09e3 said:

Hilarious. Nothing more comical than a guy in pain with a broken bone in his back.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":ovib4yim said:
VivaEfrenHerrera":ovib4yim said:
I was afraid of something like this. That hit was just awkward and awful and I had the feeling when it happened that TR's career just ended right there in a meaningless practice game.

It's not the actual worst thing about the NFL -- it wasn't a cheap or dirty hit; just worked out awkwardly. But it's right up there. Seasons, careers and lives can turn on a dime here, and sometimes that's dispiriting.
Yep, Ask Richardo Lockette.
Indeed. That one actually WAS the worst thing about the NFL. Scheme up a big hit on a guy you don't like, and nearly kill him.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":3e6kwxxf said:
The seahawks not only gifted the Cowboys Prescott, by trading with Broncos instead of Boys, but we've accelerated the era by a year or two. If he goes on to be as good as he has looked I'll never let this down.

:lol:

The hit Romo took was VERY average at best. Dude's body is just broken, happens to every player at some point. If he left the game against us healthy there was a very low percentage he'd have gotten through the season without an injury.

Fortunately this year for the Cowboys they appear to actually have a capable backup QB and maybe even QBOTF in Dak Prescott, but we shall see.. preseason and regular season with game prep are two very different animals. I think Dak has a lot of potential though.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Rat":2amkldl6 said:
I really would have liked to see what Kellen Moore could do with the job. Sucks that he's hurt too.

Time for them to swallow their pride and offer up a conditional 5th rounder to the Browns for Josh McCown. Tarvaris Jackson might be their best option.

Dak Prescott will start the whole season. Mark my words.

Seafan

Reaction score
Cliff Avril's hit didn't hurt Romo. He likely suffered a compression fracture.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3f8jfmd7 said:
Rat":3f8jfmd7 said:

Dak Prescott will start the whole season. Mark my words.
I'm not sure he will, that "great O-line" allows quite a few shots to the QB.
Dak got lit up by Sherm and Wags and looked like a deer in the headlights on Lane's corner blitz, he wasn't the same after those 2 big pops.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2yuelsf4 said:

Negative.

Romo upset on field after botched kick? Awesome.

Romo laying on the field with a significant back injury? Not something to enjoy. By all accounts he's a decent person, not Robert Mugabe.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
ing 6-9 weeks, maybe later. His Cowboys career may be over depending on how Prescott does.

It's a back injury and that's not an injury you want to mess about with if you want a decent post career quality of life. Sounds like his body is trying to tell him to give it up. He's made his money, why risk it?

I think if Prescott does well, the Cowboys would want to move on. Prescott is super cheap for the next 3/4 years and someone would trade for Romo, there is always a QB needy team. You could get 2/3 quality players on defense for what they pay Romo.

If i'm the Dallas offensive coordinator, I would stick religiously to the run and give Elliot, Morris and McFadden a crap ton of carries this year. No point making Prescott force throws and get a ton of turnovers which would wreck his confidence. Definitely picking Elliot in fantasy.

Prescott needs to learn fast not to take so many big hits. After a few in the last preseason game, he looked a bit shook up and his accuracy dropped. RG3 never learned how to avoid hits and his career dropped fast. If he doesn't learn Dallas will need another QB.

rlkats

Reaction score
How about Kap and 2 first round pics for Romo. lol. still better than having Kap.

Here is to a good fast healing process.

pmedic920

Reaction score
d0d855465a27920131bb8dc76df56bae.jpg

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
bmorepunk":2imeyjzp said:
Hawk-Lock":2imeyjzp said:

Negative.

Romo laying on the field with a significant back injury? Not something to enjoy. By all accounts he's a decent person, not Robert Mugabe.
Kind of agree with this.
I don't like Romo because of the hype (not his fault), the team he plays for, his team's fanbase (that over hype and overrate a guy with only 2 playoff wins), and fantasy football geeks that draft him and make excuses for him when he chokes away a game.

As a person I have very few problems with the guy (outside of last year's "I think we are going to the super bowl this year" statement), he seems like a decent fellow, who doesn't get arrested, doesn't beat up his wife or his mother, isn't controversial.

Threedee

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1283ht8m said:
dogorama":1283ht8m said:
Hawk-Lock":1283ht8m said:

Poor taste dude.

Sorry but I'll never feel bad for a guy who has more money than 99.9% of the world. So he injures his back, he can still do almost anything he wants life. I never understand people who "feel soo bad" for professional sports athletes who get hurt or make a mistake in a game. I feel bad for starving children, diseases, people who get screwed in life, etc. Not rich sports athletes like Romo.

It's my experience that people who bitch about the salaries of athletes aren't sports fans.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1ajbr561 said:
dogorama":1ajbr561 said:
Hawk-Lock":1ajbr561 said:

Poor taste dude.

Sorry but I'll never feel bad for a guy who has more money than 99.9% of the world. So he injures his back, he can still do almost anything he wants life. I never understand people who "feel soo bad" for professional sports athletes who get hurt or make a mistake in a game. I feel bad for starving children, diseases, people who get screwed in life, etc. Not rich sports athletes like Romo.

Isn't there somewhere in between feeling bad for him about the injury and celebrating it?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Threedee":3s8rzv3p said:
Hawk-Lock":3s8rzv3p said:
dogorama":3s8rzv3p said:
Hawk-Lock":3s8rzv3p said:

Poor taste dude.

It's my experience that people who bitch about the salaries of athletes aren't sports fans.
BULLSHIIT.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3qopvog4 said:
bmorepunk":3qopvog4 said:
Hawk-Lock":3qopvog4 said:

Negative.

Kind of agree with this.
I don't like Romo because of the hype (not his fault), the team he plays for, his team's fanbase (that over hype and overrate a guy with only 2 playoff wins), and fantasy football geeks that draft him and make excuses for him when he chokes away a game.

As a person I have very few problems with the guy (outside of last year's "I think we are going to the super bowl this year" statement), he seems like a decent fellow, who doesn't get arrested, doesn't beat up his wife or his mother, isn't controversial.
Exactly. I'm not a mod so I'm going to come right up in your grill given you ignored me the first time. It sucks and is offensive on multiple levels. Hit me boy if you think differently.