MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Popeyejones":q5327s0y said:
Hawk-Lock":q5327s0y said:
dogorama":q5327s0y said:
Hawk-Lock":q5327s0y said:
Do you guys like my new avatar?

Poor taste dude.

Sorry but I'll never feel bad for a guy who has more money than 99.9% of the world. So he injures his back, he can still do almost anything he wants life. I never understand people who "feel soo bad" for professional sports athletes who get hurt or make a mistake in a game. I feel bad for starving children, diseases, people who get screwed in life, etc. Not rich sports athletes like Romo.

Isn't there somewhere in between feeling bad for him about the injury and celebrating it?
Yes, but there are agendas and people are people and have both. I think it's tasteless and hopefully Kearly isn't embarrassed by the name Dak. Is that his real name? If it is his mother should be ashamed.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2dfyd9t2 said:
TheRealDTM":2dfyd9t2 said:
The seahawks not only gifted the Cowboys Prescott, by trading with Broncos instead of Boys, but we've accelerated the era by a year or two. If he goes on to be as good as he has looked I'll never let this down.
I'm not sure Prescott is going to be the anointed the Boy King just yet. He seemed rattled once he took a couple of big hits from Sherm and Wags and his accuracy went down once the Hawks started bring the pressure.

Besides he only scored one TD and that happened because KJ had trouble intercepting a football that was thrown right to him.

I'm not saying he's horrible because he's not, but there will be growing pains once teams figure out to bring the heat with the pass rush. When he plays teams like the Cards and Rams and Seattle he is going to struggle and have to heavily rely on the running game. ......and that *allas defense is horrible, especially the secondary. It's a lot of pressure to put on a rookie QB especially when your D is Swiss cheese.

Some of that "inaccuracy" was due to defensive holding, a couple of which were called, one of which prevented a sure touchdown.
On one of his last drives he was taking shots to the gut and still completing them, so I don't think he was shook up so much as playing against Seattle's starters.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":2968x2gn said:
Sports Hernia":2968x2gn said:
TheRealDTM":2968x2gn said:
The seahawks not only gifted the Cowboys Prescott, by trading with Broncos instead of Boys, but we've accelerated the era by a year or two. If he goes on to be as good as he has looked I'll never let this down.
I'm not sure Prescott is going to be the anointed the Boy King just yet. He seemed rattled once he took a couple of big hits from Sherm and Wags and his accuracy went down once the Hawks started bring the pressure.

Besides he only scored one TD and that happened because KJ had trouble intercepting a football that was thrown right to him.

I'm not saying he's horrible because he's not, but there will be growing pains once teams figure out to bring the heat with the pass rush. When he plays teams like the Cards and Rams and Seattle he is going to struggle and have to heavily rely on the running game. ......and that *allas defense is horrible, especially the secondary. It's a lot of pressure to put on a rookie QB especially when your D is Swiss cheese.

Some of that "inaccuracy" was due to defensive holding, a couple of which were called, one of which prevented a sure touchdown.
On one of his last drives he was taking shots to the gut and still completing them, so I don't think he was shook up so much as playing against Seattle's starters.
Sweet is the smell wafting from you.... why do you care? Seriously. Dallas is a 8-9 win team and San Francisco is at best a 5-6 win team. So why do you care about the Seahawks?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":2xb2aos3 said:
Sports Hernia":2xb2aos3 said:
TheRealDTM":2xb2aos3 said:

LOL, rubbish.
If you are going to say some of his inaccuracy was because of defensive holding which is BS, I am going to say a lot of his accuracy was because of his o-line holding all day long.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":12twb62u said:
5_Golden_Rings":12twb62u said:
Sports Hernia":12twb62u said:
TheRealDTM":12twb62u said:

Sweet is the smell wafting from you.... why do you care? Seriously. Dallas is a 8-9 win team and San Francisco is at best a 5-6 win team. So why do you care about the Seahawks?
I think you are being overly generous on both of those teams win totals. 8)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
When are the doctors going to step in and say you are DONE, and we are not going to medically clear you to play?
You know Jerruh isn't going to step up and say it, and you know Tony won't say it. The guy won't be able to walk in his mid 40's if he keeps on playing.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Found a new avy.

First off, I didn't think that many people would be offended. But since a lot were, I'll happily change it back. Apologies to those who were offended.

I still stand by what I said earlier. I will never feel bad for a high paid celebrity who has an injury. It's not like he is going to die, or his life is in danger. He just can't play football for 6-10 months. I feel bad for things in life that deserve it (death, sickness, poverty, unfairness in life, etc.), not an injury in sports. When you play football, you know what you are getting yourself into. Injury is always a risk, it's part of the game. Obviously there is a difference between the injury Ricardo Lockette had and your typical NFL injury. Even though it is his back, this isn't considered life threatening. Like someone else mentioned, Romo will sit in his mansion and heal up.

But in the end, I respect everyone's opinions on here, so I'll happily change the avy (I don't really want to look at Romo every time I come on here anyways :lol:).

sc85sis

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1zsij06p said:
Found a new avy.

First off, I didn't think that many people would be offended. But since a lot were, I'll happily change it back. Apologies to those who were offended.

I still stand by what I said earlier. I will never feel bad for a high paid celebrity who has an injury. It's not like he is going to die, or his life is in danger. He just can't play football for 6-10 months. I feel bad for things in life that deserve it (death, sickness, poverty, unfairness in life, etc.), not an injury in sports. When you play football, you know what you are getting yourself into. Injury is always a risk, it's part of the game. Obviously there is a difference between the injury Ricardo Lockette had and your typical NFL injury. Even though it is his back, this isn't considered life threatening. Like someone else mentioned, Romo will sit in his mansion and heal up.

But in the end, I respect everyone's opinions on here, so I'll happily change the avy (I don't really want to look at Romo every time I come on here anyways [emoji38]).
How much money someone makes should have nothing to do with whether one has empathy for him or her.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
sc85sis":3e7c0r9u said:
Hawk-Lock":3e7c0r9u said:
Found a new avy.

But in the end, I respect everyone's opinions on here, so I'll happily change the avy (I don't really want to look at Romo every time I come on here anyways [emoji38]).
How much money someone makes should have nothing to do with whether one has empathy for him or her.

I guess money is not the only point. Ok, so he can't do his job for 6 months. But he can pretty much live whatever kind of life he wants after that time span. And even during that 6 months he has a better life than 99.5% of the people in the world. There are people that would kill to have Romo's life right now. I'm just not going to feel bad for the guy. I broke my collarbone two years ago playing soccer with some friends, I didn't need any empathy or worry. I got hurt, it happened. I was going to recover. I even remember telling family and friends that I would be fine and not to worry about me.

I admit it, I was wrong to mock Romo with the avy, but I'm definitely not going to feel bad for a guy who gets hurt playing a sport where injuries are always a risk. Not to mention a sport where he gets paid massive amounts of money in comparison to any other job in America. There are bigger things in life for me to have empathy for. Typically not sports related. In general, I don't have a ton of empathy for Sports in general. Sports are a great thing, but I'm not going to go around feeling bad for every injury, missed field-goal, blown save, missed lay-up, etc.

If you are going to try to force me to have empathy for Romo, it ain't gonna happen. He got hurt, it sucks, but that's football for ya.

huskylawyer

Reaction score
Romo be like:

1139118-unbreakable_24.jpg

"And they called me Mr. Glass. They called me Mr. Glass!"