Tony Stewart hits and kills another driver

SonicHawk

Reaction score
NorCalSeahawkFan":3sik42le said:
Smoking pot is always a good idea when you get into a car with 750-800 hp on a short dirt track. moron :34853_doh:

Yeah, that moron, smoking pot while he was driving. That totally is what happened.

He was so impaired that he ran damn near the whole race without incident and then the pot got to him and made him walk in front of Tony's back tire.

Witnesses say that in addition to the blood, they could see the marijuana gushing out of his pores.

NorCalSeahawkFan

Reaction score
I guess you didnt read the part of the report that said the the Blood test showed a HIGH enough level to be impaired. That would be after he died and Im sure it wasnt from burning a blunt 90 days prior.
Defend him as much as you want, but getting high and driving your VW Bug isnt a good idea.
Why does it make sence to get high and go on the track? From what it showes on the video he lost control of his car and flipped on his own. Im not a Stewart and yes he is probably going to have to wright a fat check. It still doesnt change that that kid got out of his car. I have never driven a sprint car. I went to alot of races when I lived in Chico, Ca. (they have a 1/8 mile track at the fair grounds) I never drove one, not sure that I would want to. They are fun to watch, but it takes some time before they get slowed down for a yellow flag.
The people that I know that run sprint cars would not get on the track if they thought someone was smokin pot or drinking. If you want to get high, so what I dont care. Just keep it off the track.
If you dont care. Im the driver of the drunk bus and I just hit the bong a few times and then I drove the bus to Hooters in Tacoma that you, your wife and freinds are on.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
NorCalSeahawkFan":202wiyrr said:
I guess you didnt read the part of the report that said the the Blood test showed a HIGH enough level to be impaired. That would be after he died and I sure it wasnt from burning a blunt 90 days prior.
Defend him as much as you want, but getting high and driving your VW Bug isnt a good idea.

Not sure what Ward's "impairment" by marijuana has to do with Stewart making poor and un-safe driving decisions.

There hasn't been a single report of another driver suggesting that Ward's "impairment" effected his driving.

And considering all the open and backed research we've done on marijuana, we know exactly what it means to be "impaired".

NorCalSeahawkFan

Reaction score
Ive smoked it I know what it like to be impared. Doesnt really matter to the courts. It will be the same way they look at a truck driver when he gets in a wreck. They wont care how long ago it was, If he tests positive for it he is at fault. Thats is just the way it is. It sucks that this kid lost his life, but at some point some one is going to get the blame. He should just have stayed in his car.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
NorCalSeahawkFan":2lbzpnjs said:
Ive smoked it I know what it like to be impared. Doesnt really matter to the courts. It will be the same way they look at a truck driver when he gets in a wreck. They wont care how long ago it was, If he tests positive for it he is at fault. Thats is just the way it is. It sucks that this kid lost his life, but at some point some one is going to get the blame. He should just have stayed in his car.

We all agree he should have stayed in the car.

And I agree that part of the reason why the grand jury didn't accept the case was because Ward's 'impairments'. It's an easy defense for Stewart.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Marijuana or not, the fact that Kevin Ward, Jr. walked into the track during a live race is on him, not the other drivers. That shows a fundamental lack of judgement that likely would have gotten the hothead killed in the long run, anyway. This may seem callous, but he took his life into his own hands and is the only one responsible, as we know that the one thing that could definitely have prevented this tragedy was if he had stayed in his car.

pmedic920

Reaction score
SonicHawk":2l5g0k09 said:
bigtrain21":2l5g0k09 said:
SonicHawk":2l5g0k09 said:
I stand by my initial thoughts and perception of the case. I'm glad that the grand jury took a look at it and with more information than I had access to came to that conclusion.

I however, still have my own personal beliefs. Not going to apologize for taking the information that I had and coming to a conclusion.

This doesn't prove you right. You have no reason to gloat.

All my argument was the entire time was that we need to let the facts come out more and for some reason you had a huge problem with me taking that stance.

More facts still haven't come out. So I'm assuming you're waiting for them still.

Oh, and thanks for releasing the toxicology which mentions he had marijuana in his system. Which obviously means he was red-eyed and high. No fault by Stewart! Kid was high as "heck". No mention of the fact that marijuana can be detected up to about 90 days later for routine participants.

I guarantee you that just like OJ, Stewart will be paying that family a hefty chunk of cash.

SONIC, you have mail.