Calling the next 4 games.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Okay - in another thread there was a 'we're worried about Tampa' vibe going on.

2 weeks ago, PC said 'we're clicking'. We are. I said we're going to go on a roll, and we have - we're in the middle of it.

The next 4 games are Tampa, Raiders, Lambs and Carolina - who are all in various stages of imploding/melting down.

I think we win these games, the same as the last couple weeks - by 10+. I've said 10+ point wins in the last 3 weeks, and they all happened right. With the exception possibly of a touch of a slow start against the Cards.

I think we're 10-3 in a month here. Again, not looking PAST any game - I just think we could destroy all of these teams, and will at least 3 of them.

We're on the roll - let's keep it going.

Oh yea, and in case you missed it: "Geno for Prez!!!!!!"

keasley45

Reaction score
There aren't any games but the Chiefs and 9ers that we'll be on the short side of the draw on. KC is a powerhouse, but with the way we can now control the clock, high powered offenses don't scare me... especially with the way our defense is playing. I mean yesterday, without the 2 long runs Kyler had, the Cards would likely have had to punt, negating 2 scoring drives. We've been lights out solid.

And our offense. The way Shane and Geno are clicking, of the 9ers and Chiefs, I think only the 9ers could turn the game into a pound it out slugfest.

We are rounding into championship form in year one of a reload. YEAR ONE.

As great as it is to be putting up the points we are and as dominant as we've been on D, next year, we'll be even better.

It's not inconceivable that we win out. If there's one thing Pete has shown since he's been here, it's that the team almost always shows up to play and even in our worst years, rarely list games by more than a score.

The next 9 weeks are going to be fun.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Very fun. One week at a time. Still gotta' lace em up and bring it. Anything can happen in the NFL. I like our chances against just about anyone though.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
There aren't any games but the Chiefs and 9ers that we'll be on the short side of the draw on. KC is a powerhouse, but with the way we can now control the clock, high powered offenses don't scare me... especially with the way our defense is playing. I mean yesterday, without the 2 long runs Kyler had, the Cards would likely have had to punt, negating 2 scoring drives. We've been lights out solid.

And our offense. The way Shane and Geno are clicking, of the 9ers and Chiefs, I think only the 9ers could turn the game into a pound it out slugfest.

As great as it is to be putting up the points we are and as dominant as we've been on D, next year, we'll be even better.

It's not inconceivable that we win out. If there's one thing Pete has shown since he's been here, it's that the team almost always shows up to play and even in our worst years, rarely list games by more than a score.

Nicely said.

I agree. Chiefs and 49ers are the games to watch. I'm still scared of the Vikes a bit if we were to face them.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Vikings can be damn good when they are on a roll. Niners and Chiefs obviously will be tough ones. And even though the Rams suck this year, they still have had our number for a long while.
Speaking of having a team's number, Hawks are 8-1-1 in the last 10 games at Arizona. Owned

seahawksny

Reaction score
3-1 I think it's realistic.. Rams can be winless and they will still scare me

Aircrew

Reaction score

Bill Walsh once said that if players executed plays exactly as he instructed, they'd never lose. I think that applies to how well our offense is playing because Geno does a great job of sticking to the script. If both Geno and Shane keep doing what they're doing, I agree, we could win out.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Bill Walsh once said that if players executed plays exactly as he instructed, they'd never lose. I think that applies to how well our offense is playing because Geno does a great job of sticking to the script. If both Geno and Shane keep doing what they're doing, I agree, we could win out.
Agreed. And for all my Geno for Prez crap - I am fully aware that 50% of this is Waldron influenced/responsible.

and oh yea, Geno for Prez!!!!

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
I said this on a different board but I guess the board got deleted?

I wouldn't be surprised if the Hawks ran the table.

Aircrew

Reaction score
Honestly? And no this isn't homer speak...I am hard pressed to find a single team we can't beat the rest of the year.
A good friend of mine from back east, who's a lifelong Patriots fan and a very astute mind when it comes to the NFL, called me this morning and said essentially the same thing. He asked me if I'd be shocked if the Seahawks make the SB and I said no and he agreed. With as weak as the NFC is this year, if we win the Division and get a first round bye and at least one home game, I'd have all the confidence of a victory if the NFCCG was in Philly.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Honestly? And no this isn't homer speak...I am hard pressed to find a single team we can't beat the rest of the year.
Agreed. If we don't, my gut says that any losses that we're going to have would/will have a bunch of self inflicted damage. The scary thing about this season? We're kinda kickin ass - and I still think we can get significantly better. The playcalling and gelling has really only started to happen recently. I still think we have some functional upside. O AND D.

Hell - I'll vote for running the table!!!!!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I think a lot of folks would probably say Bills or Eagles. The Jets just beat the Bills. Eagles would have lost to Cowboys (had Prescott been in there) or to the Texans last Thurs if Houston had a competent QB. Pierce the rb for Houston, who is solid too, ran for 139 yards on them. Just think what K9 would do to them. Seahawks have a better OL than Houston at this point.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
W

The next 9 weeks are going to be fun
They are both mobile and both wear red but that's as far as the comparisons go between Midget Murray and Mahomes. Hes a VERY smart player who's learned to manage his skills and keep the defenses honest and guessing. Murray is a #3 jr. As soon as he loses a step, he'll be on a steep decline. Especially if the rumors about his film room dedication are true (and I'd bet they definitely are). Mahomes is infinitely more football smart, Reid is slippery as a snake. Those two could really take advantage of our great, but still maturing, defense. They'll have the rooks spinning their heads trying to figure out who has the ball. Win or lose, it's going to be an incredible teaching tool for the D.

themunn

Reaction score
A good friend of mine from back east, who's a lifelong Patriots fan and a very astute mind when it comes to the NFL, called me this morning and said essentially the same thing. He asked me if I'd be shocked if the Seahawks make the SB and I said no and he agreed. With as weak as the NFC is this year, if we win the Division and get a first round bye and at least one home game, I'd have all the confidence of a victory if the NFCCG was in Philly.
Only top seed gets a bye now sadly, but don't discount the value of being 2nd seed and playing from home. Still convinced that if we had beaten out the saints to 2nd seed in 2020 we'd have at very least made NFCGG instead of losing 1st round to Rams, and would have favoured us against any other team in the playoffs