Top 100 plays of 2014......

kearly

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":uam0lfe5 said:
Your reply actually helps justify my point more.

RolandDeschain":uam0lfe5 said:
As I said in the original thread, we have a fundamental disagreement on what constitutes an extremely difficult catch to make. Nothing's going to change that from what I can tell.

5aizj7dm5xs57bntgwqnhrzwb480x360x1

Don't worry Roland, I don't think anyone is ever deluded enough to think he or she could change your mind on something. :thirishdrinkers:

Sometimes it can be fun to try.

kearly

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1a8ymklp said:
Let me rephrase: Let's see how well you walk a tightrope between two skyscrapers in NYC. Once with a safety net right below it, and once with no protection whatsoever where if you fall, you are dead. Same rope, same act, but oh, the difference...

The difference is that Beckham would have just caught it, along with every other NFL caliber WR. Which Tyree is not, he was out of the league not long after that. Amazing but true, the helmet catch was Tyree's final catch in the NFL.

But yeah, context matters. That's why I said Tyree's is easily more legendary. And it was also || close to being the worst drop of all time.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
As I mentioned earlier I question if Beckham's catch was even the best play in 2014, let alone even in Giants history. As for legendary? You serious, I've seen that catch multiple times in the NFL alone. You want legendary and on the big stage.....let's talk Dwight Clark's catch for a start point, remember to be legendary context and wow factor counts.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
"The Catch" is legendary because of the circumstances but as far as great catches go it's nowhere near the top. There's 5-10 catches better than that every week in the NFL these days.

McGruff

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":2nk7ohrm said:
I don't know wtf you're talking about, because you're kind of rambling, but if you'd post video of the catches you think are better than this one I'm bound to agree with at least some of them, if not all. Especially if you include the context.

[youtube]fKOLqM-LnA0[/youtube]

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
McGruff":1fxgwsxh said:
Zebulon Dak":1fxgwsxh said:
I don't know wtf you're talking about, because you're kind of rambling, but if you'd post video of the catches you think are better than this one I'm bound to agree with at least some of them, if not all. Especially if you include the context.

[youtube]fKOLqM-LnA0[/youtube]

Without question, if we win that game, that is looked at as one of the greatest catches of all time. As it stands it still is worthy of consideration IMO. I have no problem with it being in the discussion.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1clp6j9g said:
I already explained my position in the original thread. I think a lot of people are underestimating how much added difficulty there is to catching footballs in general when a DB is right on you. When the DB isn't draped all over you, it's just different. Go try it in a park with a couple buddies, one of which is shadowing you. Go practice showboat catches uncontested vs. contested.

Hell, I'd probably rank Richard Sherman's sideline tiptoe interception as a better catch than ODB's. It's a much easier catch in terms of the football being caught and hauled in by his hands, no doubt there, but the overall situational awareness and with his toes JUST BARELY able to stay in-bounds, I'd say there was more overall skill on display. He recognizes what's happening, comes back to the ball, and catches the thing A YARD OUT OF BOUNDS, keeping the tips of his toes in.
[youtube]1IzlGU8cyj0[/youtube]

Look, again, all due respect to ODB but he had nothing distracting him as the ball was coming in. The DB was in the dirt, he wasn't close to the sideline, all he had to worry about was grabbing the ball. You remember when your grade school teacher had you try patting your head and rubbing your stomach simultaneously the first time, and that crap was hard as hell? Paying attention to different things simultaneously is not easy. The human brain does it poorly.

Frankly, half the receivers in the NFL - starting and otherwise - have made practice/TC catches like ODB's. Guys are more tempted to make the showboat one-handed catches when it's not a real game.

Here's a video titled "10 Catches Better Than Odell Beckham's SNF Touchdown":
[youtube]2KA36bw18cI[/youtube]

#3 and #1 in this video trump ODB's, for sure:
[youtube]ZUj8AwF7Xb0[/youtube]

You guys remember how we all got annoyed when ESPN immediately used the Fail Mary catch to drum up a far bigger controversy than was warranted over that catch? The media loves doing that with anything they can. It brings them more revenue and relevance. ODB is a young star receiver in the largest market for a sports team in existence. They stood to make more bank by calling it the greatest catch ever, or a contestant for one; and many people fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

It is NOT a greatest-ever contestant.

The 10 catches video is a joke :lol: yeah.. guy jumping off a boat catching a frisbee definitely is comparable to a touchdown grab. Totally.

And the Dobson catch was great, but not better than Odell Beckham's. The other kid has a catch similar to Beckham without being practically undressed by a professional cornerback.

Terrible.. even for you Roland.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2p7l4mop said:

Hey look, its not in an actual game and who knows how many times they recorded that.

post-32934-Richard-Sherman-yawning-gif-SH-3rwx.gif

Rex

Reaction score
Stedman Bailey punt return TD was the best.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Rex":ud1mrvjv said:

Certainly was the funnest. And, all Rams' fans can agree on.

That WR: he is going to be the one. I have him hidden in all my dynasties and I also think he is the one who can succeed. smile. Bailey love.

Hope to have some fun banter w you this season Rex.

loves from a Rams fan.

Rex

Reaction score
RedAlice":2hf1cnun said:
Rex":2hf1cnun said:

That WR: he is going to be the one. I have him hidden in all my dynasties and I also think he is the one who can succeed. smile. Bailey love.

loves from a Rams fan.

Thanks, looking forward to it Alice. We can tag team here when the Rams sweep them this season. Here's some Bailey on the beach for you.

https://instagram.com/iamsbxii/

And this is every catch by Bailey last season with The Return at about 45 seconds.

http://www.mediafire.com/watch/mam3q9co ... iamsb3.avi

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Bahaha! Y'all are cute. But last I checked this thread wasn't called the Rams Mediocre WR Love-fest so in the immortal words of the great Martin Lawrence... GET TA STEPPIN!!

RedAlice

Reaction score
How is it our fault we are having fun and no Hawk fans interrupted us? smile. We love our Bailey.

Have at it Z.....

RichNhansom

Reaction score
RedAlice":1ubxrn1c said:
Rex":1ubxrn1c said:

loves from a Rams fan.

Of course you like Bailey, he's a 12.

Rex

Reaction score
RichNhansom":cw8zfjq7 said:
RedAlice":cw8zfjq7 said:
Rex":cw8zfjq7 said:

loves from a Rams fan.

No he wears 12 but went to WV not Texas A&M.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Rex":x9k9xuwm said:
RichNhansom":x9k9xuwm said:
RedAlice":x9k9xuwm said:
Rex":x9k9xuwm said:

loves from a Rams fan.

No he wears 12 but went to WV not Texas A&M.

Don't get upset just cause he is a Seahawk fan.

RedAlice

Reaction score
RichNhansom":3h6jtxrw said:
RedAlice":3h6jtxrw said:
Rex":3h6jtxrw said:

loves from a Rams fan.

ha. cute! :thirishdrinkers:

So, you gonna root for Bailey along with me this year? :)