Top 3 Areas needing improvement

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Wenhawk":14c87tpc said:
Wenhawk":14c87tpc said:
1. Improve the running game.

2. Improve pass rush, especially up the middle

3. Coverages and communication in the secondary

Addressing the interior pass rush improves the secondary.

We have addressed OL in FA as well as it should improve with experience and continuity.

Still need to add more talent in the secondary.

None of that matters if we have no QB.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2gmp7syb said:
Wenhawk":2gmp7syb said:
Wenhawk":2gmp7syb said:
1. Improve the running game.

2. Improve pass rush, especially up the middle

3. Coverages and communication in the secondary

Addressing the interior pass rush improves the secondary.

We have addressed OL in FA as well as it should improve with experience and continuity.

Still need to add more talent in the secondary.

None of that matters if we have no QB.

i think Jockel is going to be a big improvement for us. The RG from Houston is also a good addition. Our OL is better than last year.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
1. Offensive line
2. Offensive line coach
3. Assistant head coach

tldr: screw tom cable

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
SeahawksEast":3uh3b05o said:
1) O-Line - As stated by most everyone, no great depth of detail needed here. 2 solid NFL caliber starters in Britt at C and Joekel at G or T. If Iefedi or Glowinski continue to improve, maybe 3 solid starters on the roster for 5 slots. I expect at least 2 draft picks spent on the O-line. Missing 2 NFL caliber starters and solid depth for injury.
Ethan Pocic has basically been leading the successful LSU OL for the last 3 years. The versatility will allow him to be in their best 5 motto. I think he has a better shot than Glow and Oday Aboushi. but where do they see him at?
1. Britt
2. Ifedi
3. Jockel
4. Pocic
5. Aboushi
6. Fant
7. Glow
8. Odhiambo
9. Hunt

What position does he end up in....there's a chance at LT? Fant was the worst/tie for worst with Gilliam, no denying his potential. Moving Ifedi to RT will be a upgrade there. RG becomes a hole that Aboushi, Glow, and Odhiambo better for. The LG is Jockel's and maybe Pocic takes 2nd team snap at. Fant vs Pocic for our LT. by preason game 2 they need to know who the 5 are and stick to it.
I don't think we need another OL.

2) D-Line - Some have mentioned this as well. Last year, I saw less of an issue with CB and LB play as I did a lack of ability to collapse the pocket and make the opposing QB uncomfortable. Improved interior pass rush makes the LB's and CB's much more proficient in terms of ending the play more quickly. A stellar D-line masks other ills and shortcomings on a defense. I expect 2 draft picks on D-line, potentially both on the interior. My disclaimer for what I am about to say is that I know these are generational type talents, but a Cortez Kennedy clone or a Randle or Suh in their prime type interior D lineman would do wonders for the defense. Guys who can stop the run and collapse the pocket / apply pressure. I think that is the biggest bang for the buck if that guy is out there. No idea if that players exists in the draft, and I realize they are rare, but that would be huge and might be the "secret sauce" here.

We might have found just that. One of the reasons why Malik McDowell was a player I really like is because he could be our Gerald McCoy or Aaron Donald.

Nazair Jones is a very interesting prospect. It looks like he is a very powerful man that could get push and cause some disruption. I saw a few big plays by Reed last year but he didn't burst onto the scene. I this this is a guy that could stand our early and will be able to push around 2nd and 3rd string OL.

I am now satisfied with our interior rush. Thank you John Schneider :2thumbs:

With newfound faith in our going to be greatly improved interior rush we should see an increase in INT's this year.

The secondary has also been heavily addressed. The 2 young versatile DB's plus the signing of Bradley McDougald we should see an improved run support without sacrificing speed in 4-2-5 formations.

3) Depth - Multiple areas throughout the roster with suspect depth. I think the LB concerns have been well addressed the last couple weeks. I'd imagine a late round LB coming onboard as well as some undrafted LB talent. Could certainly envision at least one low to mid round CB drafted as well plus undrafted talent.

Headed into the drat with 7 picks (3 - third rounders), and a few starting holes, and multiple depth needs, I expect the Hawks to trade down two to three times to stockpile picks and come out of draft weekend with 10 draft picks and then do their usual gem hunting on the undrafted list. I liked the approach of filling the LB depth and RB issue via free agency in order to spend those critical draft picks on the core areas of need - O-line and D-line. By solidifying "cheaper" or FA value areas, they can use picks to fill more expensive (in terms of free agency) spots like O-line. We all see what O-line costs to upgrade via free agency, makes sense they'd bargain shop sub prime (in terms of spend) to fill holes and then use draft picks on premium positions - LT, RT, DT, DE, etc.