Top 5 Seahawks QB's of all time?

hawknation2014

Reaction score
McGruff":29pkgo68 said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":29pkgo68 said:
Do people really have a good understanding of Jim Zorn as a quarterback in Seattle?

Yes he played nine seasons. That is a long time.

During that time he threw 107 touchdowns, AND 133 INTERCEPTIONS. His quarterback rating in his entire Seahawks career was 67.9. His completion percentage was 53.3 PERCENT. He averaged 160 YARDS PER GAME passing. Steve Largent, a hall of famer wide receiver was on the team for Zorn's entire Seahawks career. I don't understand why Hawk Nation has this appreciation of him as a quality quarterback like it does.

Different era. For example, there is this one guy I know who had these career stats . . .

51% completion rate
166 yards per game
1.2 tds per game
1.1 int's per game

And that guy is in the HOF.

Terry Bradshaw?

sutz

Reaction score
hawknation2014":3ak0zzti said:
McGruff":3ak0zzti said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":3ak0zzti said:
Do people really have a good understanding of Jim Zorn as a quarterback in Seattle?

During that time he threw 107 touchdowns, AND 133 INTERCEPTIONS. His quarterback rating in his entire Seahawks career was 67.9. His completion percentage was 53.3 PERCENT. He averaged 160 YARDS PER GAME passing. Steve Largent, a hall of famer wide receiver was on the team for Zorn's entire Seahawks career. I don't understand why Hawk Nation has this appreciation of him as a quality quarterback like it does.

Different era. For example, there is this one guy I know who had these career stats . . .

51% completion rate
166 yards per game
1.2 tds per game
1.1 int's per game

Terry Bradshaw?
Probably Johnny Unitas. ;)

Torc

Reaction score
1. Krieg
2. Hasselbeck
3. Wilson
4. Zorn
5. Kitna

I'm with others that didn't put Moon on the list as he was really a journeyman at that point and only spent a couple of years with the Hawks. At least he got to break Krieg's fumble record as a Seahawk. :) From what I remember the Seahawks had a chance to sign him after his CFL stint and didn't....I imagine our franchise history would look a bit different if they had.

I put Kitna there because he led us to the playoffs. I've always thought he got the short end of the stick in '99. Galloway had held out half the year, and the Seahawks were 8-2 when he finally signed. Holmgren tried to force the offense to show off Galloway's talents and the offense tanked as a result. Sound familiar? They went 1-5 the last six games of the season but still won the division. I'm sorry Holmgren and Kitna didn't click, but Kitna improved every team he was on the rest of his career (Bengals/Lions/Cowboys), and is one of the more underrated QBs in my opinion.

I'd give an honorable mention to Kelly Stouffer. Before you laugh me out of here...he went 3-3 his rookie year while subbing for Krieg, including a game where Curt Warner put his elbow through his facemask and broke his nose and he stood up and threw a TD. He had some moxie, and in a world without the Behring family he would have been Krieg's understudy under Knox for another year or two before starting. Despite how his career ended up, he's on my "coulda-shoulda" list, and I have a soft spot for him.

McGruff

Reaction score
hawknation2014":t8vra9pv said:
McGruff":t8vra9pv said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":t8vra9pv said:

51% completion rate
166 yards per game
1.2 tds per game
1.1 int's per game

Terry Bradshaw?
Terry is correct . .. and pretty much the same era as Zorn (pretty Coryell/Walsh)

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1qtwaqm9 said:
pehawk":1qtwaqm9 said:
I don't think Moon belongs.

Wilson
Krieg
Hass
Zorn
Kitna

Kitna belongs. He was our Andy Dalton, but, without the ginger.

Ugh. I'd take Tarvaris over Kitna every single day.

Wilson
Krieg
Hass
Zorn
TJACK!

Jackson is no way on that list, Kitna is a much better STARTER(maybe TJack is a better clip board holder).

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
pehawk":26ussrp8 said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":26ussrp8 said:

How old are you?
Beat me to it.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":33y7fmur said:
SacHawk2.0":33y7fmur said:
C’mon now. Russell is everything you could possibly want a quarterback to be.

If it wasn’t for RGIII, Russell would be the only QB in the history of the game to post a passer rating of 100 in his rookie season. That’s unreal.

He’s every bit the warrior that Hass was, without any of the “Spazzlebeck”.

He’s clearly on pace to shatter every franchise mark, and he’ll probably hold onto those records for a long long time, Not to mention the NFL records he tied or broken.

*Until Russell, the highest passer rating by any Seahawks starting QB was Hass’ 98.2 in 2005.

*Dave Krieg holds the franchise record for TDs at 195, followed by Hass at 174. It took them a decade to hit those numbers. At Russell’s current rate, he’ll hit 195 in 7.5 years. Personally, I think he’ll do it sooner.

The kid is just great. He exudes greatness. He'll never accept anything less from himself. Russell Wilson is already the best QB this franchise has ever had, and it really isn't close. Put Russell on that '84 team, or that 2005 team, and we win. Easily.

All the things you say are true. He has a lot of football left to play. If he maintains a high level of play for another decade+ he'll be not only the greatest Seahawks QB of all time but one of the best to ever play the game. But he has to play the games first. I don't doubt him.
Russell Wilson is Jim Zorn with an immeasurably better team around him.

Sac

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":1t68zt4a said:
Zebulon Dak":1t68zt4a said:
SacHawk2.0":1t68zt4a said:

If it wasn’t for RGIII, Russell would be the only QB in the history of the game to post a passer rating of 100 in his rookie season. That’s unreal.

He’s clearly on pace to shatter every franchise mark, and he’ll probably hold onto those records for a long long time, Not to mention the NFL records he tied or broken.

*Until Russell, the highest passer rating by any Seahawks starting QB was Hass’ 98.2 in 2005.

*Dave Krieg holds the franchise record for TDs at 195, followed by Hass at 174. It took them a decade to hit those numbers. At Russell’s current rate, he’ll hit 195 in 7.5 years. Personally, I think he’ll do it sooner.

The kid is just great. He exudes greatness. He'll never accept anything less from himself. Russell Wilson is already the best QB this franchise has ever had, and it really isn't close. Put Russell on that '84 team, or that 2005 team, and we win. Easily.

All the things you say are true. He has a lot of football left to play. If he maintains a high level of play for another decade+ he'll be not only the greatest Seahawks QB of all time but one of the best to ever play the game. But he has to play the games first. I don't doubt him.
Wilson is Jim Zorn with immeasurably more talent, skill, and bigger hands.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":37ou2qyc said:
SalishHawkFan":37ou2qyc said:
Zebulon Dak":37ou2qyc said:
SacHawk2.0":37ou2qyc said:

Wilson is Jim Zorn with immeasurably more talent, skill, and bigger hands.
I won't argue Wilson has more talent and skill, but Zorn was still far more special than he gets credit for. His stats don't show how he made that team over achieve. And it was a different game back then. QB's couldn't throw the ball away. DB's could do all sorts of stuff to WR's. Zorn had a cannon of an arm with accuracy. And plenty of mobility.
All I'm saying is if you put Zorn on this team, Wilson on that team, we'd be debating which was better. And Zorn would have a ring.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
brimsalabim":24hpjqsc said:
soxhawk":24hpjqsc said:
Is it even a discussion?

Zorn
Krieg
Moon
Hasselbeck
Wilson

Does Kitna belong?
Interesting that Wilson has fallen down the list despite putting up his best numbers this season.

I do remember Zorn and Kreig both excellent qbs at the time, when a guy named Montana was the best in the league for a few years.

morgulon1

Reaction score
soxhawk":3kj2zbe9 said:
Is it even a discussion?

Zorn
Krieg
Moon
Hasselbeck
Wilson

Does Kitna belong?

Kitna belongs (in a way) because he's a local boy and he had a fairly long and successful career even if it wasn't with
Seattle. I don't remember him playing but for a couple of seasons with Seattle before going to Cincinatti where he
was doing quite well IIRC before Bengals ownership made Marvin Lewis play newly drafted Carson Palmer .

IndyHawk

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":2wyzkg4v said:
pehawk":2wyzkg4v said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":2wyzkg4v said:

How old are you?

His poor stats are dependent on my age?

Look I understand the limitations in talent that Jim Zorn had to work with. I watched this team struggle through their first decade of existence. However, I still don't understand why Zorn has historically been given as much love as he has by our fan base. He had TWO seasons in his career where he threw more touchdowns than he did interceptions. TWO. The guy was mediocre (and maybe because the majority of the team was worse than mediocre it has some people feel like he should be given more credit than I feel like he deserves).

I'm sure there are many out there that disagree with me. Just an opinion.
You are about right from my memory and I never understood the love part either..The interceptions he threw were worse than Dave K fumbling the ball..There are those that believe we were too good early but I say if we had a better qb than Zorn we would have made the playoffs ..The guy had a lot of bonehead game killing interceptions....He was there 5-6 years too long..

kev007

Reaction score
:2: Fellow 12's!

Not sure if my maths are correct (they probably aren't :D ) but I make it we have had a total of 24 starting QB's and only two QB's have started only one game as a 'Hawk - any guesses?!

I think the two are Glenn Foley (1999) - our only QB with a 100% W-L record as a starter, won 14-13 vs Bears in Week 2, Foley threw a 49 yard TD to Fabien Bownes who I really can't recall at all...he used to play for Chicago and that TD was his only one as a Hawk.

Charlie Frye (2008) - lost his only starts 27-17 vs Packers, threw 2 TDs to Carlson and Colbert and also 2 picks.

Kev

volsunghawk

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":10mxezca said:
volsunghawk":10mxezca said:
pehawk":10mxezca said:
I don't think Moon belongs.

Wilson
Krieg
Hass
Zorn
Kitna

Kitna belongs. He was our Andy Dalton, but, without the ginger.

Ugh. I'd take Tarvaris over Kitna every single day.

Wilson
Krieg
Hass
Zorn
TJACK!

Jackson is no way on that list, Kitna is a much better STARTER(maybe TJack is a better clip board holder).
No, he really wasn't much better in any way.

firebee

Reaction score
I watched Krieg play... Was just a bit too young to watch too much of Zorn. Hate to break the news to the old timers, but Wilson has already surpassed Krieg and Zorn. IMHO, Hasselbeck was a better QB than Zorn or Krieg. Only way Wilson falls out of the #1 spot is if he ditches Seattle for another team next year. If he does that, I'm gonna see if someone will go Tonya Harding on him before he takes a snap with another team.
The list should be as follows, but this is just my opinion.
1. Russell Wilson
2. Matt Hasselbeck
3. Dave Krieg
4. Jim Zorn
5. Jon Kitna