Trade Rumors

chris98251

Reaction score
Bait post, I don't see a rumor I see Fantasy Football or Madden 101, these threads used to be closed as Bait and switch.

John63

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1h0tiwal said:
RCATES":1h0tiwal said:
Uncle Si":1h0tiwal said:
RCATES":1h0tiwal said:
Rumor is the first number will be a 4. Hell no for a QB that heavily relies on a elite running game to move the ball.

one of these things is a rumor. the other is factually incorrect.

off to another great start.

How's Wilson done in the playoffs since Lynch left? I'll wait.

Or a good pass blocking O-line, or an elite defense........or a more dependable/healthier WR corp. Football's a team game, it's not all on Wilson to get it done.

How has Lynch done since he left Wilson and the Hawks? Answer NOT

Chapow

Reaction score
Uncle Si":ysdt5fgi said:
You want to focus on 5 playoffs instead of dozens of regular season games?

Of course he does. He certainly doesn't want to talk about how Russ has done overall since Lynch left because that wouldn't support his preposterous argument that Russ relies heavily on an elite running game to move the ball.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Laughable that's what I call this trade . Great for NY and Arizona horrible for Seattle. Reason this is not a QB draft and no I don't believe in Kyler Murray becoming the next Russell Wilson that's not going to happen. Seattle needs at minimum 2 firsts and 2 second round picks or 3 first round picks.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
John63 raises a pretty damn good point.
Also, Russ accounted for 80 plus percent of the offense w/the worst running game in the league two seasons ago. It was so bad, we would celebrate a 2 yard gain :lol:

John63

Reaction score
Chapow":1ewqlm3w said:
Uncle Si":1ewqlm3w said:

Of course he does. He certainly doesn't want to talk about how Russ has done overall since Lynch left because that wouldn't support his preposterous argument that Russ relies heavily on an elite running game to move the ball.

So we don't want to talk about 2017 were Wilson accounted for over 80% of our offensive years, led the team in rushing and accounted for over 95% of our offensive TDs, led the league in TDs with the only run game being him.

FYI the yards and tds percentage are NFL records

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
RCATES":1dhz21ft said:
425HawkSpark":1dhz21ft said:
SoulfishHawk":1dhz21ft said:
Where did Russ say there was a deadline? Where did he demand 40 mil a year like so many have said? I'll go ahead and wait...…..
the AGENT says something for the client, this is nothing new. Get ready for 6 wins, maybe. No way in hell this team even sniffs a winning season w/out Russ. Period
If Russ demands 35+ we will never sniff another SB and he will be running for his life because we can’t pay oline

Rumor is the first number will be a 4. Hell no for a QB that heavily relies on a elite running game to move the ball.

So, just because the number of tough throws he has to make is less than Drew Brees', somehow those throws also become...easier? To the point where a cheap off-the-shelf QB could somehow make them? That logic has never made any sense.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
John63":1aceg2ob said:
Chapow":1aceg2ob said:
Uncle Si":1aceg2ob said:

So we don't want to talk about 2017 were Wilson accounted for over 80% of our offensive years, led the team in rushing and accounted for over 95% of our offensive TDs, led the league in TDs with the only run game being him.

FYI the yards and tds percentage are NFL records

I think most people do, yes.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
As you all know, Tavarus Jackson (sp) easily lead us to multiple playoff wins with a very good D and an elite running back.

Oh wait, no he didn't. Maybe that argument is actually full of shit.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I know it's meant to be light hearted but TJack played through a torn pectoral muscle for the team and was the ideal vet backup for us during our Super Bowl appearances. He wasn't a top 10 NFL QB but easily still upper half of Seahawks we have had over the years.

knownone

Reaction score
AgentDib":36pd6ob6 said:
I know it's meant to be light hearted but TJack played through a torn pectoral muscle for the team and was the ideal vet backup for us during our Super Bowl appearances. He wasn't a top 10 NFL QB but easily still upper half of Seahawks we have had over the years.
I agree. I think TJack would have taken the '12 and '13 teams to the playoffs. He's under-appreciated because he was a large reason we didn't make the playoffs in '11, and people seem to forget (as you noted) he played most of that season injured.

jmahon316

Reaction score
This isn't 2017, and Lynch isn't on the team anymore. We're talking about a contract for future services. Paying Wilson top dollar when Carroll wants to be a run-first team is like buying a Ferrari to drive through the neighborhood.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
So having a good running game, you just need an average QB? :roll:
Though I do get sick of the play calling sometimes not letting him do what he does best. It's maddening.

James in PA

Reaction score
Damnit, let’s just get this over with: trade Russ, load up on draft picks, free up a ton of cap room, and get Whithurst & Matt Flynn on the phone ASAP and have them battle this thing out once and for all!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uncle Si

Reaction score
James in PA":3r5vjyef said:
Damnit, let’s just get this over with: trade Russ, load up on draft picks, free up a ton of cap room, and get Whithurst & Matt Flynn on the phone ASAP and have them battle this thing out once and for all!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sarcasm aside... if RW was traded, who would be a good vet to bring in to work with whatever rookie Qb is drafted? who could get the team 10 wins with a young, but solid defense and really good running game?

jmahon316

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1prjpc97 said:
So having a good running game, you just need an average QB? :roll:
Though I do get sick of the play calling sometimes not letting him do what he does best. It's maddening.

Nick Foles says hi, and Tom Brady's team-friendly cap looks good compared to our franchise quarterback that wants to be paid top dollar. They are the stars of the last 3 superbowls. Please let me know how many rings Brady (since he's apparently the G.O.A.T.) won when he was being paid top-dollar. (That is 50% sarcasm and 50% legit questioning)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yet again, Russ wanting a big contract somehow makes him different. And I'm sure there have NEVER been chunks of change behind closed doors to Lord Brady. The Pats NEVER would do something like that. He has made plenty of coin in his career. Why are people not comparing his deal to the other QB's who are next up? Because somehow Russ is different for wanting to get a big deal that he has earned.