Trade Rumors

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Largent80":21msvtqq said:
Some here act like it's THEIR money RW will be paid.
Largent80":21msvtqq said:
And he WILL be paid regardless of if Seattle does it (but they most certainly SHOULD}.

You pay him and work around the rest of the team, it's a pretty simple model of the current NFL.
Isn't it?Season ticket holders..Merchandise ect it all ties in and time..
I say time because that is priceless.
They pay him and you watch a team full of holes with little shot of going anywhere.
Thats fun?I want to watch a aging RW who lost his speed in 2022 wishing he had
been traded instead of getting a massive SB killing contract that benefits only
RW.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
jmahon316":jjsuber5 said:
Alright, I'll bite.

2019 - Patriots won, Brady was #11 highest paid QB for 18-19 Season
2018 - Eagles won. Foles was #47 highest paid QB for 17-18 Season.
2017 - Patriots won. Brady was #18 highest paid QB for 16-17 Season.
2016 - Broncos won. P Manning was #6 highest paid QB for 15-16 Season
2015 - Patriots won. Brady was #12 highest paid QB for 14-15 Season
2014 - Seahawks won. Wilson was the #43 highest paid QB for 13-14 Season
2013 - Ravens won. Flacco was the #16 highest paid QB for 12-13 Season
2012 - Giants won. E Manning was the #5 highest paid QB for the 11-12 Season
2011 - Packers won. Rodgers was the #19 highest paid QB for the 10-11 Season
2010 - Saints won. Brees was the #12 highest paid QB for the 09-10 Season
2009 - Steelers won. Roethlisberger is the #10 highest paid QB for the 08-09 Season.

I'm on the fence as far as trading Wilson...However, you can't sit there and tell me that you expect us to go to the big stage and win by paying him top #1 QB money when the trend says otherwise. It's mostly a team effort, beyond luck, and if you pay one player a huge chunk of change, you have less to pay the other 52 possible elite/great players that it could take to win a Superbowl

Source: Overthecap.com

Ultimately, JS+PC picked Wilson, not the other way around. Sure, you could give credit to Scot McCloughan but without JS+PC pulling the trigger, it wouldn't have happened.

Out of the last 11 years, according to this list, there are exactly two QBs that are not top tier guys...Flacco and Foles. That is more telling towards Super Bowl success than what they are ranked according to salary. Salary cap numbers go up every year. Salaries go up every year. What might be more telling for the guys on this list is where was their contract ranked numerically when they signed it and how quickly they descended down the list based on other guys signing their contracts.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
knownone":2n3sz0gh said:
I agree. I think TJack would have taken the '12 and '13 teams to the playoffs. He's under-appreciated because he was a large reason we didn't make the playoffs in '11, and people seem to forget (as you noted) he played most of that season injured.
No disrespect, but this is one of the funniest statements I think I've ever read on here. TJack was an 8-9 win QB at best, no matter how good the rest of the team was. There's a reason the Hawks drafted RW and signed Flynn. It was because they needed a good QB for the good team they had.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":21vk9jwb said:
Several posts here have also continued the false narrative that PC operates on a Run-First model.

That's not true. It's a balance between run and pass, and the pass needs to be effective on deep throws. Few QBs have that kind of touch to effectively launch daggers.
I can't believe how many fans are still ignorantly spewing that false statement. I challenge anyone to find a quote of Pete Carroll saying he wants a "run first" offense... you can't. He's always said he wants a Balanced attack. That means the run game and the pass game are equally important.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
True that, ‘nuff said.

There is a trade I’d to propose. Britt to the Saints for a 2019 2nd and a 2020 5th. Check out his contract and assess whether with Hunt and Pocic the team could be strong enough in the middle with those two.

There is no rumour on this but this thread has moved far from it’s original premise. He

toffee

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2s2almdu said:
True that, ‘nuff said.

There is a trade I’d to propose. Britt to the Saints for a 2019 2nd and a 2020 5th. Check out his contract and assess whether with Hunt and Pocic the team could be strong enough in the middle with those two.

There is no rumour on this but this thread has moved far from it’s original premise. He

Hunt did alright last season, not sure about Pocic, but Solaris used Hunt when Britt went down instead of Pocic. Guessing at this stage Hunt's ahead of Pocic?

JPC4Days

Reaction score
Love Pete but he is not a QB guru ... it is not that he is run first .. it is that he is constantly reminding him it is all about the ball ... like that he has to remind Russ.. all that reminding could make a QB tentative. I have heard Mike Holmgren say before that he wants to see Russ cut it loose. Pete is a great coach Russ is a great QB .. they should sign Russ and give him the Peyton Manning keys to the offense and let him call the plays and give him suggested plays in the head set.

I love Russ too and would see it as a massive failure... if we can't keep him here and give him the keys to the offense have Pete coach up the other 52 players and get back to contending for rings.

However if for some reason they jack this up ... I have always been about the Seahawks first and players second ... if Russ is unhappy for whatever reason this is what it would take for me

ELI
MANNING and all this picks until the 5th round this year and some more down the road that is how highly I think of Russ. I really think Eli and there whole draft this year is fair but I am being nice..... Eli is still a gamer and even though he probably is not the best for a downfield attack this late in his career, he can still spin it and would be a great bridge and is good enough to win another ring.. with a good team. He also is only making 10 million a year next year and may like getting out of New York.

Anything less than that .. and I would not make the deal but I really just want Russ to sign and have Pete give him the keys to the offense for the next ten years .. so hopefully all this most likely this is all B.S. and I just wasted my time thinking and writing about this.

AirStrike

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1yoybb6b said:
Well, IF that's true, 21.5 mil for Clark? No thx.

Especially with Russ resigning, if we can get a 2nd or a 3rd we move him. 21 million is crazy.