Training camp battles

toffee

Reaction score
Training camp is around the corner, team will evaluate players, and players battle for job securities. These are my predictions, what're yours?

For chance to start:
Geno vs Lock for QB
Penny vs Walker for RB1
Curhan vs Forsyth vs Lucas for RT
Goodwind vs Eskridge vs Swain vs Hart for WR3
Coby Bryant vs Tre Brown vs Sidney Jones for starting CB1 & 2

For paycheck:
Gabe Jackson
LJ Collier
Robinson
Amadi

Ozzy

Reaction score
Training camp is around the corner, team will evaluate players, and players battle for job securities. These are my predictions, what're yours?

For chance to start:
Geno vs Lock for QB
Penny vs Walker for RB1
Curhan vs Forsyth vs Lucas for RT
Goodwind vs Eskridge vs Swain vs Hart for WR3
Coby Bryant vs Tre Brown vs Sidney Jones for starting CB1 & 2

For paycheck:
Gabe Jackson
LJ Collier
Robinson
Amadi
I can’t see Penny not starting. I think the slowly add carries For Walker.

For the FO sake I seriously hope Eskridge is the #3. They can’t keep missing On these early picks and the margin for error is even smaller with Russ gone. He has to hit.

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
Thank you toffee for an interesting posting! Everyone is talking about the Seahawks quarterback...but this season is really about the entire team roster growing!!!

I have high hopes for our current quarterbacks and think that PC is also banking on their success. I bet he has a "chip on his shoulder" for #3 and wants to "rub his nose in it" with our current quarterback lineup!

I hope that Chris Carson will retire due to his neck injuries. He will be missed and has been a fan favorite for years. But, our current running backs are awesome! Penny and Walker are game changers...But Homer, Dallas, Johnson and Nick Bellore can bring some third down, fullback style blocking and pass catching skills in support. Travis Homer had an excellent season last year.

The offensive line is awesome, because they are really strong players that are on their rookie contracts...I bet that this group will quickly turn into one of the top offensive lines in the NFL. They are very talented and currently have cheap contracts. This will also help our cap space when hoping to sign returning veterans such as DK Metcalf.

Our wide receivers are so strong that we can count on them to be the team leaders now that #3 is gone. The depth of the group is very impressive!

The cornerbacks also seem to have a lot of depth! There is a lot of talent and different skills / styles within the player group that could be used in different coverage situations.

I bet that we make it to the playoffs!!!

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
The offensive line will be the new "Legion of Boom"! Our young players will develop the friendship and trust that has been a Seahawks legacy. The feeling that you can count on your teammate brings confidence within the group.

Change is coming...

JPatera76

Reaction score
Thank you toffee for an interesting posting! Everyone is talking about the Seahawks quarterback...but this season is really about the entire team roster growing!!!

I have high hopes for our current quarterbacks and think that PC is also banking on their success. I bet he has a "chip on his shoulder" for #3 and wants to "rub his nose in it" with our current quarterback lineup!

I hope that Chris Carson will retire due to his neck injuries. He will be missed and has been a fan favorite for years. But, our current running backs are awesome! Penny and Walker are game changers...But Homer, Dallas, Johnson and Nick Bellore can bring some third down, fullback style blocking and pass catching skills in support. Travis Homer had an excellent season last year.

The offensive line is awesome, because they are really strong players that are on their rookie contracts...I bet that this group will quickly turn into one of the top offensive lines in the NFL. They are very talented and currently have cheap contracts. This will also help our cap space when hoping to sign returning veterans such as DK Metcalf.

Our wide receivers are so strong that we can count on them to be the team leaders now that #3 is gone. The depth of the group is very impressive!

The cornerbacks also seem to have a lot of depth! There is a lot of talent and different skills / styles within the player group that could be used in different coverage situations.

really nice breathe of fresh air and positivety in the post, I look forward to see how the young guns grow into their own this year.

sutz

Reaction score
The offensive line will be the new "Legion of Boom"! Our young players will develop the friendship and trust that has been a Seahawks legacy. The feeling that you can count on your teammate brings confidence within the group.

Change is coming...
I'd just like to find a group that will stick together for a couple of years. This changing out 3-4 OL every year sucks hog sacks. Our two new tackles look pretty intriguing so maybe that's a start of a period of 3-4 years that we only need 1 new OL every season or something. Continuity is one of the most important things for OL.

Last edited:

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
If Eskridge is unable to win the starting role it will AGAIN show the complete drafting incompetence of PC and JS. So sick of them.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Alright, moving on with not crying and discussing position battles instead...

If Forsythe can pull a surprise win over Curhan and Abe, that likely bodes well for his future, but Stone's probably gonna be the swing tackle going forward. I honestly expect Curhan to keep the job for now. Hard for any rookie by week 1 to supplant a guy who already put good play at a pro level on tape.

Penny is probably going to win out unless he's fat or hurt, both of which are distinct possibilities. Ken's gonna have to be worked in over time, unless he's thrust into action immediately due to necessity.

The hottest battles are CB and WR3. Loaded with competitors at each spot. If Coby Bryant can come away with a starting spot by week 1, that's going to bode incredibly well for his outlook.

Spohawks

Reaction score
I have a ton of faith in this rookie class, I think they are taking starting jobs left and right! I forgot that The Hawks acquired this Olympian. His event was the long jump but he aint slow!

Own The West

Reaction score
Artie Burns and Sidney Jones are the front runners at CB. For Brown or Bryant to see the field they're going to have to unseat Burns first. They may see their first time at nickel if Coleman is the weak link.

We have a ton of quality DBs though. Blair, Amadi, Brown have all flashed; and who knows what Bryant and Woolen will bring?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I am going to be particularly interested in quite a few position groups this TC.

The new defensive staff will have many decisions to make at, CB, Edge Rusher, and 5 Tech. For me the fast development of the youth of the D will make or break the season for the team

On O the QB situation will undoubtedly garner the most media attention but at almost every position there will be battles. On OL who will win the RT, RG positions. At WR with the late extremely fast WRs will any of them rise to grabbing a roster spot? How good will Fant prove to be? Will Carson remain on the team, and will Penny stay healthy? How good will Walker be?

While I suspect this is a transitional year there will be lots to watch with interest.

slateman77

Reaction score
Cue Jim Mora...Playoffs..??...Playoffs..?? While I applaud your optimism I think we don't even sniff the playoffs. Hopefully I'm wrong. But hey that's why they play the game,,!!

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Cue Jim Mora...Playoffs..??...Playoffs..?? While I applaud your optimism I think we don't even sniff the playoffs. Hopefully I'm wrong. But hey that's why they play the game,,!!
I had dinner with Jim Mora Sr. and his wife once, sat next to him, very nice guy and talked like a coach even in retirement.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
I am going to be particularly interested in quite a few position groups this TC.

The new defensive staff will have many decisions to make at, CB, Edge Rusher, and 5 Tech. For me the fast development of the youth of the D will make or break the season for the team

On O the QB situation will undoubtedly garner the most media attention but at almost every position there will be battles. On OL who will win the RT, RG positions. At WR with the late extremely fast WRs will any of them rise to grabbing a roster spot? How good will Fant prove to be? Will Carson remain on the team, and will Penny stay healthy? How good will Walker be?

While I suspect this is a transitional year there will be lots to watch with interest.
Main focus will be on QB and rightfully so. But for me, like to see how the OL, DB, and LB work themselves out. It has been a long time, but I am quite intrigued by this TC. We seems to have a nice RB corp., but could our OL support them? We have a lot of young bodies in CB, but none has a proven record.

My eyes, will be on the LBs, how that we are going 3-4

Last edited: