Training Camp July 30th

OP
OP
TestMo1337

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Richard Sherman is consistently going and talking to the DBs when he's not lining up. Looks like he's coaching them all up.

RynoHawk

Reaction score
man, working today ... I really appreciate the updates.... bravo boys and girls!

OP
OP
TestMo1337

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Take always:
Wilson looks crisp and in control. Had one ball bounce off the receiver into Chancellors arms.

Marsh and Clark were explosive coming off the edge. Both used speed and swim moves to get in the backfield.

#40 DB from Ohio State looks like a Seattle DB who has a good jam at the line.

RB, OL and DL are hard to judge with limited contact.

The back up QBs heavily favored the TE as their first throw except for a few that went to Kenny Lawler (he caught everything thrown his way).

Nick Vannett seems to contain well against the edge rusher in blocking plays.

Foxx stood out as the "best" WR even though their targets where limited.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick hits! Appreciate the report.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
NFL Network has been live at Seahawks TC today as well with Willie McGinnest reporting. He has a one-on-one with PC today at 4pm PST on Total Access, fyi...

Vetamur

Reaction score
I was there with Sammy. And somehow didnt even know he was posting! All sly..

Here are my impressions:

Neither of the back up QBs really got much done. They didnt look out of place..they seemed to know what they were doing. Just didnt doing very effectively. Boykin is listed as #2, but there wasnt much to choose between the two.

As Sammy says, its really hard to judge anything about OL, DL, and RBs without pads and full contact. That said, CMike is continuing where he left off last season..its Good CMike not bad. He had a sweet move on his first run, hit high gear, and was gone. Even with full contact it would have been a long gain. He caught all passes tossed to him. In contrast, last year after the first practice I was writing about how I thought he would be cut as he had 3 drops and wasnt there mentally compared to Rawls.

Brooks and Collins, RBs, seemed..fine..? will need a game to evaluate.

Paul Richardson had a nice, long catch in the endzone. Wilson seemed thrilled.

Deshon Foxx, who was in camp last year with the Seahawks as well, was the star of the day with two long TD catches. He had good burst and got behind the CBs, but I didnt take note of who the catches were against.

DeShawn Shead received all first team reps at RCB. Simon took snaps exclusively at LCB, behind Sherman.

Lawler had a couple of catches and looked.. fine. Not amazing. But he did what was seemingly expected. Hard to know without knowing the play call of course.

Richard Sherman is increasingly a player coach, even running into and out of the 2nd and 3rd team huddles.

Tyvis Powell, #40 SS, looks the part, seems to have coverage skills and generally looked good.

Tani Tupou, listed as FB, dressed in defense colors and practiced with the defense.

McEvoy Tanner, #6, is listed as a safety, but practiced with the WRs.

Really couldnt tell you anything about the o line.

Michael Bennett was there and EXCITED. He got the crowd going at one point, was high energy during drills, and generally was a charismatic presence. So, yea, maybe throw him a bone.

That was most of what I noticed. I didnt take notes today.

I will be at the next 3 days so will write then again. Sammy and I going together tomorrow too.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the report Ross! Nicely done.

Gametime

Reaction score
sammyc521":2zl880gn said:
Line is super long. Wrapping around from the center to the Boeing plant.

Going for the first time this year with the family! What time do you recommend getting there? Going on Tuesday the 2nd.

Not sure what to expect but thinking early is best?

OP
OP
TestMo1337

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Gametime":3k6lkvs6 said:
sammyc521":3k6lkvs6 said:
Line is super long. Wrapping around from the center to the Boeing plant.

Going for the first time this year with the family! What time do you recommend getting there? Going on Tuesday the 2nd.

Not sure what to expect but thinking early is best?

I got there at 8:20 am and arrived at the VMAC just before the session started at 10 am.

Going on a Tuesday maybe easier.

BuZzB28

Reaction score
Where is Russell Wilson practice to play today? How is he does good to practice hard work? Any pictures for training Camp?! I want to see them any pictures and video, please?

OP
OP
TestMo1337

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Buzz, there's a thread about Sunday the 31st that has some videos and photos.