Tre Flowers is....

getnasty

Reaction score
People were saying the same thing about Shaq last year. Tre was horrible this year and i hope they draft someone to push him next year but he's still has a chance.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
getnasty":3ivikat6 said:
People were saying the same thing about Shaq last year. Tre was horrible this year and i hope they draft someone to push him next year but he's still has a chance.

I see it as different. With Shaq there was a clear drop off in play so you knew there was a level he could get back to that was better than he was showing and he had flashed showing that there was potentially more. Flowers hasn't regressed he's just who he is. There isn't anywhere else to go this is where his physical skills will keep him. He hasn't flashed or showed potential to be something dramatically different.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
bbsplitter":s5w1839e said:
TheLegendOfBoom":s5w1839e said:
Flowers lacks football intelligence.

Sherm would not have been beaten like this today because Sherm is football intelligent.

Sherm left because we couldn't pay him enough. You may start seeing a trend if thats the caliber you are intent on comparing him to.
Say what you will about Sherm but he’s still the best according to PFF.

getnasty

Reaction score
flmmkrz":3uqwzg37 said:
getnasty":3uqwzg37 said:

I see it as different. With Shaq there was a clear drop off in play so you knew there was a level he could get back to that was better than he was showing and he had flashed showing that there was potentially more. Flowers hasn't regressed he's just who he is. There isn't anywhere else to go this is where his physical skills will keep him. He hasn't flashed or showed potential to be something dramatically different.

I have no statistics to back this up i just thought he was better last year. I would also say Shaq was average his first year below average his second year and then above average this year.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think Flowers is hurt, he was not tackling like he was at the beginning of the season, also he is not ready to be on a island, a slot and GOOD FS on the field made all the difference, when Hill or TT were there he was much more vulnerable.

The secondary has to work like unit, the weak link can cascade across them all.

BubbaGump

Reaction score
I’m not ready to give up on him yet. Hopefully he rebounds in year 3 like Griffin did. We got Diggs and all saw how he affected this Defense. A few more pieces hopefully this offseason. I do hope they find another Corner to push Flowers though.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
knownone":39pgz2fb said:
He's not as bad as Simon or Jennings.

I just hope he'll have a bounce back year like Griffin did.

He wasn't that good as a rookie. Forced some fumbles but he's not a good cover corner. Honestly Byron Maxwell was better.

Shaq is not a good comparison. Shaq was inconsistent last year but he has good speed and at times really shadows receivers well. Tre is slow and rarely wins 1 on 1's

Jville

Reaction score
Wide Receiver Davante Adams has come into his prime at 27 years old. This is Davante's 6th year and he has been putting on a clinic as a wide receiver. That touchdown second year Tre Flowers gave up was a textbook demonstration of how to use a bigger cornerback's size and length against him.

I don't know why some find it impossible to recognize and appreciate the play of opposing competitors. Perhaps that's why there is so much crying and complaining cluttering up the forum. :229031_shrug:

I'm not worried about Tre Flowers. He's on the field gathering first hand experience.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It does seem that people have a hard time giving credit to an opponent. He's a beast and it showed. I was more mad that they didn't double him and/or have Griffin follow him around. Horrific D play calling and decisions by that coaching staff.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1216780508291465221[/tweet]

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2vbcm9jb said:
I'd be excited if he just turned his head around...…….just once
This. Could be an all pro if he did that one thing consistently.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
bbsplitter":1rlrwl5j said:
TheLegendOfBoom":1rlrwl5j said:

Sherm would not have been beaten like this today because Sherm is football intelligent.

Sherm left because we couldn't pay him enough. You may start seeing a trend if thats the caliber you are intent on comparing him to.
To be accurate Seattle CUT Sherm.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2xg3uabx said:
bbsplitter":2xg3uabx said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2xg3uabx said:

To be accurate Seattle CUT Sherm.
Yeah, lets not rewrite history here. The team got rid of him mainly to save cap, his attitude, and they most likely thought he wasn't gonna come back 100% from his injury.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Jville":3phb8zcj said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1216780508291465221[/tweet]

This is a scary comment for me.

Guys like Flowers, Hill and Thompson don't need more snaps.........they need to be selling used cars and not on my roster anymore, at least not as dependable starters.

Tre Flowers = Tharold Simon 2.0

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":22x8w31o said:
It does seem that people have a hard time giving credit to an opponent. He's a beast and it showed. I was more mad that they didn't double him and/or have Griffin follow him around. Horrific D play calling and decisions by that coaching staff.

Guilty as charged!

Especially when it comes to games like Andy flippen Dalton putting up over 400 yards passing against us, or Matt Schaub 460!! :pukeface:

Latest posts