Trey Lance looks awful out there

CouchLogic

Reaction score
It always seems like Seattle and SF have similar syrengths/weaknesses, ha. QBs need work, Olines are young but show promise, etc. I don't follow SF, but I reckon they have decent young DBs and a good but young DL, ha. Then there is AZ that wants to hangout and like the same stuff, but they're that cousin your parents forced you to hangout with...

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
Trey Lance is hot garbage
i keep seeing these takes. from every fanbase not just ours. i'm not taking the bait. yes i HOPE he busts, it would be f*cking hilarious :ROFLMAO: but i dont see that happening, atleast not right away. i'm on the opposite side of the fence with what i'm seeing. and as much as i'd like to see trey lance bust (because 3⁉️ 1st round picks... + a 3rd? wtf?) i'll allow myself to be objective here.

-trey lance has verifiable talent. he's got all the physical tools for a modern qb to be successful. he's flashed this talent already. he's not a geno smith or a baker mayfield who have literally no tools to work with. and he also has kyle shanahan, who is one of the top 5 offensive minds/playcallers in the nfl. shanahan will put trey lance in position to succeed. his literal coaching job also depends on it. i heard rumblings that shanahan prefered mac jones in the 2021 draft. that doesn't matter now. by giving up all that draft capital for a rookie qb, it's win-now mode for them. they moved all the chips to the center, they're all-in.

-factor in that trey lance is surrounded by talent. 49ers have some damn good weapons. yes... the 49ers have a questionable oline (not sure what the hell they are doing at center) but they DO have the best OT in the game (trent williams) and that counts for something. they have a dynamic powerhouse in deebo samuel, who just got paid. add in ayiuk who is having a stellar camp and btw has had 2 good seasons already. danny gray can fly. oh yeah, they got george kittle too, a top 4 tight end in the game, and that tight end group is deep and functional. not that it matters much, but they have the top fb in the game (juszczyk). the 49er defense is very good, potentially top 5, which will give the trey lance and the 49ers offense more chances, and better field position. this almost feels like the 2012 49ers roster (albeit not as strong) that had a top defense and went from smith to kaepernick.

so really.. all trey lance has to do... is not do too much... just be the point guard, take what the defense gives or what shanahan created for him. just move the chains, all the while gaining experience and confidence. at the end of the day he's gotta put the work in, to make it work. 49ers will give him time... and the clock is ticking 🕙... if the offense stalls with him at the helm they can bring in jimmy to close out a game. but if if if IF trey lance busts then that WHOLE GODDAMN SHIP (lynch, shanahan, JEDDY YORK:poop:) ALLLLL go down with him. i got my popcorn ready... you know, just in case? 🤤

Fade

Reaction score
i keep seeing these takes. from every fanbase not just ours. i'm not taking the bait. yes i HOPE he busts, it would be f*cking hilarious :ROFLMAO: but i dont see that happening, atleast not right away. i'm on the opposite side of the fence with what i'm seeing. and as much as i'd like to see trey lance bust (because 3⁉️ 1st round picks... + a 3rd? wtf?) i'll allow myself to be objective here.

-trey lance has verifiable talent. he's got all the physical tools for a modern qb to be successful. he's flashed this talent already. he's not a geno smith or a baker mayfield who have literally no tools to work with. and he also has kyle shanahan, who is one of the top 5 offensive minds/playcallers in the nfl. shanahan will put trey lance in position to succeed. his literal coaching job also depends on it. i heard rumblings that shanahan prefered mac jones in the 2021 draft. that doesn't matter now. by giving up all that draft capital for a rookie qb, it's win-now mode for them. they moved all the chips to the center, they're all-in.

-factor in that trey lance is surrounded by talent. 49ers have some damn good weapons. yes... the 49ers have a questionable oline (not sure what the hell they are doing at center) but they DO have the best OT in the game (trent williams) and that counts for something. they have a dynamic powerhouse in deebo samuel, who just got paid. add in ayiuk who is having a stellar camp and btw has had 2 good seasons already. danny gray can fly. oh yeah, they got george kittle too, a top 4 tight end in the game, and that tight end group is deep and functional. not that it matters much, but they have the top fb in the game (juszczyk). the 49er defense is very good, potentially top 5, which will give the trey lance and the 49ers offense more chances, and better field position. this almost feels like the 2012 49ers roster (albeit not as strong) that had a top defense and went from smith to kaepernick.

so really.. all trey lance has to do... is not do too much... just be the point guard, take what the defense gives or what shanahan created for him. just move the chains, all the while gaining experience and confidence. at the end of the day he's gotta put the work in, to make it work. 49ers will give him time... and the clock is ticking 🕙... if the offense stalls with him at the helm they can bring in jimmy to close out a game. but if if if IF trey lance busts then that WHOLE GODDAMN SHIP (lynch, shanahan, JEDDY YORK:poop:) ALLLLL go down with him. i got my popcorn ready... you know, just in case? 🤤

All logical, and have had very similar thoughts as well. But this is where I ran into trouble with Trey Lance when evaluating him.

1) No QB in the last 50 years has had as few throws as Trey Lance had in college (FCS no less) and ever became a Great QB in the NFL. He needs to play in a developmental league or something to catch up. Which won't happen.

2) How Shanny used him last year, and how I anticipate he'll be used this year. He will make plays, he's got talent, no doubt. But he will also inevitably get injured again. He suffered two injuries last year barely playing.

If you see QB Power, and QB Dive like they ran last year with him it's a wrap. Only a matter of time at that point.

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Lmao 🤣 they got desperate and are now rolling with stinky G bwaaahahahahaaaa

This move just screams Trey Lance isn’t the guy and they screwed up taking him 😂

Last edited:

BoX916

Reaction score
I did not read a lot of the post, skimmed honestly..
Keep it short
I take trey over Jimmy because of one main reason, he will throw the deep ball maybe not best looking pig skin thrown but he willing to do it. He can be king check down like Alex smith but I honestly don’t think our front office wants to play like that anymore. Either way I can live threw trey throwing duck int or watch Jimmy choke again..

So overall yes trey a obvious improvement over which was announce today or 6 million possible 16 million dollar back up.

Box out

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
I did not read a lot of the post, skimmed honestly..
Keep it short
I take trey over Jimmy because of one main reason, he will throw the deep ball maybe not best looking pig skin thrown but he willing to do it. He can be king check down like Alex smith but I honestly don’t think our front office wants to play like that anymore. Either way I can live threw trey throwing duck int or watch Jimmy choke again..

So overall yes trey a obvious improvement over which was announce today or 6 million possible 16 million dollar back up.

Box out
Trey is not an improvement over Jimmy are you blind? We enjoy having rivals post here but try to keep it real guy

Last edited:

BoX916

Reaction score
Trey is not an improvement over Jimmy are you blind? We enjoy having rivals post here but try to keep it real guy

Guess my opinion on the matter not “real” enough.. Thanks Frodo but best believe in 3-4 years I’ll dig this post up and show you.. if your still around then.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Guess my opinion on the matter not “real” enough.. Thanks Frodo but best believe in 3-4 years I’ll dig this post up and show you.. if your still around then.
Ummm ok?? I mean if you have to wait 4 years for a guy you mortgaged your future for then it’s already a negative value trade.

Last edited:

BoX916

Reaction score
Ummm ok?? I mean if you have to wait 4 years for a guy you mortgaged your future for then it’s already a negative value trade.

That’s one way to look at it or we have the luxury of being able to do it.. either way Lance as of now should be day 1 starter and it’s his team. We either sink or swim..