Trey Lance trying to remain relevant

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score

So…where is JimmyG? Why isn’t he pumping the West tshirts that unlike you, Entitled One, he actually had something to do with?

Their wasting three first rounders willprobably Entitle Lance to start. Well let’s see if he has the temperament.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Call me burtthurt if you want to, but "conquered"? That's a little misleading considering the circumstances of the rest of the NFC West teams, right? It's amusing to me.

94Smith

Reaction score
I think it's great Lance is travelling with the team. He needs all the experience he can get even if it is just listening to the calls.

Lance vs Purdy next year - should be decided with a QB competition in camp. And I don't think the 49ers will give the edge to Lance just because of the picks used.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
So 94, you’re not going to give this kid a chance next year? You’re gonna let him rot behind your shiny new toy that now has two years of rust on it?

Edit, sorry, you posted your message before me. But since when whenever Would someone not choose Purdy if he takes them to Philadelphia? He could. Very wily with the Hollywood move to Kittle, also with that long rush.

And plus, the poise.

I don’t see Lance making those intangible decisions as well...It’s historic that a rookie can demolish three teams in a row. Realistically with Lance, Id expect to see that talent emerge maybe a season and a half into playing, especially considering the draft class.

Trevor Lawrence. Won’t make the playoffs.
Zach Wilson, could be 2023s Josh Rosen
Lance, ???
Justin Fields, mobile and probably closest comp to Lance. On an eliminated team
Mac Jones, rounding out as an ok system qb who by himself can get you to about :500

Last edited:

94Smith

Reaction score
So 94, you’re not going to give this kid a chance next year? You’re gonna let him rot behind your shiny new toy that now has two years of rust on it?
No, I just to this point have not seen from Lance what I see so far from Purdy. Lance struggles with accuracy on short throws. Like simple WR screens and slants. He needs to clean that up in order to operate as a successful NFL quarterback. He needs to be more efficient and accurate, especially in the Shanahan offense. Love the deep ball threat and the threat with his legs, but he needs to be better at the simple stuff.

He also throws a ball that is hard to catch. Too much velocity and with a wobble. Lots of dropped passes

I say if Purdy continues to have success, have an open competition in camp. If Lance wins, good, let him start but it should not be handed to him on a silver platter.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
I think you guys are both butt hurt

49ers "conquered" 2 teams that are 4-9 each and a team with a bottom 5 defense. Wow what a battle, what a war this year was for your team! You guys had so much competition and your team still persevered!

Edit: For the record 94, I don't have anything against you man. But "conquered"...? Really?

flv2

Reaction score
He could be the 2nd best QB in the division at the start of next season.

...behind Murray.

BASF

Reaction score
49ers "conquered" 2 teams that are 4-9 each and a team with a bottom 5 defense. Wow what a battle, what a war this year was for your team! You guys had so much competition and your team still persevered!

Edit: For the record 94, I don't have anything against you man. But "conquered"...? Really?
I am pretty sure our Niner poster is not the person that designed the shirt Lance is wearing in OP's picture. I could be wrong though.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I really don't understand the whole "Lance is a jerk for traveling with, and supporting, the team," philosophy. It's a weird take.

He's not trying to steal the limelight, he's just being a good team mate.

Men on ir can’t practice or play. Now if Hes Garropolo, you could justify this with worthy coaching Type advice.

Lance adds no value. His 21 games since hs for a a Tiny school doesn’t cut it. He can’t say he would have done this or that when he has never at a pro level.

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
Men on ir can’t practice or play. Now if Hes Garropolo, you could justify this with worthy coaching Type advice.

Lance adds no value. His 21 games since hs for a a Tiny school doesn’t cut it. He can’t say he would have done this or that when he has never at a pro level.
Curious, why do you care if the 49ers have Lance traveling with the team? You act like you're paying for it or something.

94Smith

Reaction score

Lance adds no value, but it is valuable experience for him. That's why he is there

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Lance is like Trubisky was in Chicago. Bears management had too much ego invested in him to not give him every opportunity to prove they were right to move up in the draft to take him over Mahomes and Watson. I lived through this for three years. Lance will be the starting QB next year. Don’t be fooled.

94Smith

Reaction score
Lance is like Trubisky was in Chicago. Bears management had too much ego invested in him to not give him every opportunity to prove they were right to move up in the draft to take him over Mahomes and Watson. I lived through this for three years. Lance will be the starting QB next year. Don’t be fooled.
Bears were not a superbowl quality roster. They had time to let him develop

bigskydoc

Reaction score

I can't recall a team sport that I have participated in (player, parent, coach) where injured members don't travel with the team. In fact, those that don't are usually viewed as being selfish for abandoning the team.

Lance can be there to cheer on his teammates, and celebrate their success. He has the chance to sit back and learn the pro game, and his coaches' approach to it. Maybe he doesn't have much to offer, but he certainly has plenty to learn. If I were his coach, and the rules allow it, I would fine him for NOT being there.

Marvin49

Reaction score

So…where is JimmyG? Why isn’t he pumping the West tshirts that unlike you, Entitled One, he actually had something to do with?

Their wasting three first rounders willprobably Entitle Lance to start. Well let’s see if he has the temperament.

I'm sorry dude...but this is just a lame post.

Trey is just being a team guy. He never left the squad after being hurt. He's at every practice, in every meeting and is on the sideline for every game. Why? Because that's what they told him to do. Shanahan said as much after he was hurt. He wants Trey to learn as much as he can without being on the field.

So now you are twisting it to make him look selfish?

"Entitled"? WTF? He's doing what he is SUPPOSED TO DO.

Where is Jimmy? I think that's a better question. My guess is they don't want him to fly yet just as they did with Trey in the week immediately after his injury.

This is just one of the worst posts I've ever seen on this site and that's really saying something. Wouldn't have expected that from you.

Marvin49

Reaction score

BS. He gains experience gameplanning, hearing the call during the game, and watching the flow of the game. He's also been in the offense for 2 years now rather than 1.

Forgive me if I think Shanahans decision over who should and should not be on the sideline is more valid than this lame take on a guy being a good teammate.