Trey Lance trying to remain relevant

Marvin49

Reaction score
I can't recall a team sport that I have participated in (player, parent, coach) where injured members don't travel with the team. In fact, those that don't are usually viewed as being selfish for abandoning the team.

Lance can be there to cheer on his teammates, and celebrate their success. He has the chance to sit back and learn the pro game, and his coaches' approach to it. Maybe he doesn't have much to offer, but he certainly has plenty to learn. If I were his coach, and the rules allow it, I would fine him for NOT being there.
Thank You.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Brock Purdy has an avg passer rating of 100.6. Lances is about 70. Purdy Qbr is 68, as compared to 34 for Lance. If Purdy continues that trend, it’s going to become more and more apparent that Purdy should start next Year.

Purdy is a unicorn. Lance is a horse. Like everyone else in his draft class and in general, he will take 1-2 years for him to ripen.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Brock Purdy has an avg passer rating of 100.6. Lances is about 70. Purdy Qbr is 68, as compared to 34 for Lance. If Purdy continues that trend, it’s going to become more and more apparent that Purdy should start next Year.

Purdy is a unicorn. Lance is a horse. Like everyone else in his draft class and in general, he will take 1-2 years for him to ripen.
...and what does any of that have to do with attacking Lances character for being at the game with his teammates?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And why do you even care what a guy does on another team? How is it impacting your life? Injured players travel with the team all the time. This is nothing new.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
BS. He gains experience gameplanning, hearing the call during the game, and watching the flow of the game. He's also been in the offense for 2 years now rather than 1.

Forgive me if I think Shanahans decision over who should and should not be on the sideline is more valid than this lame take on a guy being a good teammate.

When JimmyG got hurt, I never saw pictures of him at away games. It was never said even that Jimmy was invited for the free flight and hotel room away. usually, injured players aren’t invited.

I think The 9ers will trade Purdy no matter how good he is because of sunk cost fallacy Around Lance and them thinking the he can actually be Purdy at his baseline and improvise. If Purdy gets them to Philadelphia, he’s two first rounders.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
...and what does any of that have to do with attacking Lances character for being at the game with his teammates?

He’s a diva. Hey, was JimmyG even invited? Because in all the goddamn media I never saw JimmyG grab the limelight once from Mullens and Beathard.

KinesProf

Reaction score
Granted, I don't really have a strong dislike for this 49ers team (Kittle & Deebo are exceptionally easy to root for) in comparison to Harbaugh's squads with guys like Boone and Whitner; but this post feels like an absolute reach to try to poke at a team who throttled the Hawks twice this season.

-Lance is being a good teammate. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, and that attitude is indicative of someone who will be employed in the league for a long time, be it as a starter or backup.
-The 49ers definitely did not choose the wording on those t shirts. I'm guessing it will be the standard issue from Nike for all division winners.

Take a look in the mirror and ask yourself why other peoples joy so offends you.

Marvin49

Reaction score
When JimmyG got hurt, I never saw pictures of him at away games. It was never said even that Jimmy was invited for the free flight and hotel room away. usually, injured players aren’t invited.

I think The 9ers will trade Purdy no matter how good he is because of sunk cost fallacy Around Lance and them thinking the he can actually be Purdy at his baseline and improvise. If Purdy gets them to Philadelphia, he’s two first rounders.

...then the question is why isn't Jimmy at these games. Why does Jimmy ghost his teammates in the offseason? Trey is there because his coach asked him to as stated by Shanahan himself.

Dude could go lounging at home but he's with the team non-stop which is exactly what you want from a young player.

If you really think the 49ers will trade Purdy and keep Lance ONLY because of the sunk cost, you haven't been paying attention.

Shanahan doesn't operate like that. They drafted Trey Sermon in the 3rd round LAST YEAR and cut him in the offseason. They don't play that game.

If Trey plays, it will be because they think he offers them the best chance to win either immediately or in the future.

Marvin49

Reaction score
He’s a diva. Hey, was JimmyG even invited? Because in all the goddamn media I never saw JimmyG grab the limelight once from Mullens and Beathard.

like...what? Give me an example of Lance behaving like a diva. I've yet to see anything remotely suggesting that.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Again, why are you so obsessed with the Niners? Who gives a flying F if Lance travels with that team or not?

It’s mostly geographic. Sports radio or tv is usually on, and I find the local broadcasts interesting.

I think kyles playing long ball now. He thinks Trey will blossom Into a Montana eventually, and until then, the 9ers can ameliorate his typical Rookie mistakes with a team in win now mode. i Think he goes and gets the picks for Brock.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Just curious how Purdy did in this game.

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
It’s mostly geographic. Sports radio or tv is usually on, and I find the local broadcasts interesting.

I think kyles playing long ball now. He thinks Trey will blossom Into a Montana eventually, and until then, the 9ers can ameliorate his typical Rookie mistakes with a team in win now mode. i Think he goes and gets the picks for Brock.
You keep listing crap that has zero to do with why you're taking Lance traveling with team so personally? Either answer the question directly or you really should just shut up, you're starting to sound lihe a bitter ex, even more so than Frodosfinger aka ArlosSpecial, and that's really saying something.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
bitter ex, no doubt. I can think of another player who people are on the bitter ex thing about, even after winning the trade by a landslide............
It's old and tired by now.

Latest posts