Trey Lance trying to remain relevant

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
You keep listing crap that has zero to do with why you're taking Lance traveling with team so personally? Either answer the question directly or you really should just shut up, you're starting to sound lihe a bitter ex, even more so than Frodosfinger aka ArlosSpecial, and that's really saying something.

Im not taking it any more personally then I do Russell’s antics in Denver? Trey’s pix are cringe, and that is on the 49ers. They keep pushing the kids narrative when said kid‘s nfl Qbr is literally half of Purdy’s.

I don’t understand why 49ers fans aren’t mad. The no 3 qb has won you the west, the conference is def possible, and yall looking at those picture and saying how inspirational, we are going to lose the 2 qbs that played better just because the org keeps posting smiley psas of him doing nothing?

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
Im not taking it any more personally then I do Russell’s antics in Denver? Trey’s pix are cringe, and that is on the 49ers. They keep pushing the kids narrative when said kid‘s nfl Qbr is literally half of Purdy’s.

I don’t understand why 49ers fans aren’t mad. The no 3 qb has won you the west, the conference is def possible, and yall looking at those picture and saying how inspirational, we are going to lose the 2 qbs that played better just because the org keeps posting smiley psas of him doing nothing?
I'll try again s-l-o-w-l-y, why do you care?

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Bears were not a superbowl quality roster. They had time to let him develop
They started him — not Jimmy G. — at start of 2022. Their plan is to have him learn on the job. He will be the starter. Jimmy G., Purdy will be backup. They think he IS their ticket to the Super Bowl.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I cant see them keeping both, because when Trey fs up on the throws that 94smith mentioned or any of his attributes that gave given him a qbr half of brocks, the crowd plus 49ers sports media are gonna want something different really fast.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I cant see them keeping both, because when Trey fs up on the throws that 94smith mentioned or any of his attributes that gave given him a qbr half of brocks, the crowd plus 49ers sports media are gonna want something different really fast.
With all the QB injuries, it’s important to have two competent QBs on your roster. If they like Purdy, they might trade Jimmy G. depending on the offer. It could get complicated. I am just saying they are going to roll with Trey Lance next year.

Marvin49

Reaction score

Then you are blind.

Jimmy will be gone. Trey and Purdy will be the QB room. Who starts to be determined this year and in offseason.

Why is this difficult? Jimmy is a free agent. All that's really for sure is that they don't need to overpay a backup QB when they have a guy on league minimum on rookie deal who can get the job done.

Why are you offended by a dude cheering on his teammates? Its really odd to me that you see this as an issue. "Cringe"? Why is it cringe for him to stand by his teammates?

As for the 49ers trading Purdy....are you really saying that the 49ers would trade a viable QB who makes 900k per year because they fear the fans reactions to Trey struggling? That's just batsh*t nuts and not remotely the way the team has handled anything since Shanahan/Lynch took over. I mean if that were REALLY an issue they'd never have resigned Jimmy THIS year.

Of all the threads I've ever been involved with on this site, this has got be be among the oddest. Just no clue at all where you are coming from with this nonsense.

Last edited:

Marvin49

Reaction score
With all the QB injuries, it’s important to have two competent QBs on your roster. If they like Purdy, they might trade Jimmy G. depending on the offer. It could get complicated. I am just saying they are going to roll with Trey Lance next year.

No need to trade Jimmy. Contract expiring. He'll be a Free Agent. Can't be franchised.

49ers will likely get a comp 3rd rounder in 2024 draft depending on what Jimmy signs for. Its not complicated at all.

Purdy just proving they don't need an expensive backup.

Last edited:

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
No need to trade Jimmy. Contract expiring. He'll be a Free Agent. Can't be franchised.

49ers will likely get a comp 3rd rounder in 2024 draft depending on what Jimmy signs for. Its not complicated at all.

Purdy just proving they don't need an expensive backup.
That’s not complicated, but there are other scenarios that are. Jimmy G. took a financial hit to stay with the 49ers. I can imagine him doing it again. 49ers might decide it’s worth it. Let’s see how well Purdy plays through the rest of this season.

Marvin49

Reaction score
That’s not complicated, but there are other scenarios that are. Jimmy G. took a financial hit to stay with the 49ers. I can imagine him doing it again. 49ers might decide it’s worth it. Let’s see how well Purdy plays through the rest of this season.

While that's POSSIBLE, I doubt it.

Teams can get him now with zero draft pick compensation and there is no contract for them to swallow. I don't see him coming back with no starting role and no 20+ mil contract from SF.

He will also be 100% healthy so there would be no lingering shoulder issue.

Never say never, but I'd be very surprised if Jimmy is back next year. Might require bad injury to Purdy that would threaten availability early next year.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Then you are blind.

Jimmy will be gone. Trey and Purdy will be the QB room. Who starts to be determined this year and in offseason.

Why is this difficult? Jimmy is a free agent. All that's really for sure is that they don't need to overpay a backup QB when they have a guy on league minimum on rookie deal who can get the job done.

Why are you offended by a dude cheering on his teammates? Its really odd to me that you see this as an issue. "Cringe"? Why is it cringe for him to stand by his teammates?

As for the 49ers trading Purdy....are you really saying that the 49ers would trade a viable QB who makes 900k per year because they fear the fans reactions to Trey struggling? That's just batsh*t nuts and not remotely the way the team has handled anything since Shanahan/Lynch took over. I mean if that were REALLY an issue they'd never have resigned Jimmy THIS year.

Of all the threads I've ever been involved with on this site, this has got be be among the oddest. Just no clue at all where you are coming from with this nonsense.
Im saying that if Purdy gets you to Philly, numerous teams will give you at Least two ones plus change. You Can use that cap to get another McCaffrey, someone whose going to actually be on the field.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Granted, I don't really have a strong dislike for this 49ers team (Kittle & Deebo are exceptionally easy to root for) in comparison to Harbaugh's squads with guys like Boone and Whitner; but this post feels like an absolute reach to try to poke at a team who throttled the Hawks twice this season.

-Lance is being a good teammate. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, and that attitude is indicative of someone who will be employed in the league for a long time, be it as a starter or backup.
-The 49ers definitely did not choose the wording on those t shirts. I'm guessing it will be the standard issue from Nike for all division winners.

Take a look in the mirror and ask yourself why other peoples joy so offends you.
Sounds more like whining from a closeted 49er/Jimmy G fan.

If read all of SantaClara's post as being written by a 9er fan, they actually make more sense

Marvin49

Reaction score
Im saying that if Purdy gets you to Philly, numerous teams will give you at Least two ones plus change. You Can use that cap to get another McCaffrey, someone whose going to actually be on the field.

...well first off, NOBODY is going to offer 2 1's, or even a single 1 for Purdy. The NFL knows alot of his success is Shanahan and he's still 6'1" with a sub standard arm.

If someone offers that...then this is entirely different conversation but there is no way in hell that anyone is crazy enough to offer that.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
...well first off, NOBODY is going to offer 2 1's, or even a single 1 for Purdy. The NFL knows alot of his success is Shanahan and he's still 6'1" with a sub standard arm.

If someone offers that...then this is entirely different conversation but there is no way in hell that anyone is crazy enough to offer that.

If I’m the jets (Saleh) or Giants, I absolutely would consider this deal.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
The 9ers could keep retain both, but in keeping Brock, they’d be turning down draft compensation between the Cmc haul and Treys haul From Jets, Commanders or Giants. Trey wouldn’t get that.

Theres just so much risk with Trey, though. He and Brock have near equivalent live game time that has Trey at 35 qbr vs Brock at 68. For next preseason, I think you give Purdy 10 percent of the snaps, Eason 20 percent, and the rest to Lance.

Last edited:

Latest posts